Who here knows what the left lane is for????

Ironic.  Isn't driving too fast against the rules of the road?

697078[/snapback]

You sound like someone that would drive slow in the left lane to teach us speeders "a lesson".

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife is a left-laner...drives me nuts! :lol: No pun intended. That's why I don't let her drive when we're travelling.  ;)

Ya think the fact that she's from Maryland might explain it?  ;)

697029[/snapback]

My girlfriend is from Boston and does it too so it doesn't appear to be a geographic thing. Our first car trip together with her driving almost ended the relationship. :)

You sound like someone that would drive slow in the left lane to teach us speeders "a lesson".

697144[/snapback]

I generally pull into the left lane, maintaing speed, when I approach an entrance ramp to allow traffic to safely merge. Can I assume you are the fellow who zooms up 6 feet off my rear bumper when I do that? :lol:

I hate to even venture down this path but you couldn't be more right.  Is their some side walk hogging gang that will bust a cap in you if they see you use it?  Winter time is the worst.

697140[/snapback]

I can understand in the winter time cause sometimes people don't shovel the sidewalks infront of their houses before teh plows go through so the roads are the only clear path. Although it still doesn't explain why they have to be in the middle of the roads and not off to one side.

Around my house its mostly the pre/young teens who feel too cool to use the sidewalks and have to walk spread out across the entire road while yelling and joking with each otehr, and then look at you weird when your trying to go by them and making them move to get your car through. Its like the road was meant for cars and not for the kids to hang out being "cool"

I can understand in the winter time cause sometimes people don't shovel the sidewalks infront of their houses before teh plows go through so the roads are the only clear path. Although it still doesn't explain why they have to be in the middle of the roads and not off to one side.

Around my house its mostly the pre/young teens who feel too cool to use the sidewalks and have to walk spread out across the entire road while yelling and joking with each otehr, and then look at you weird when your trying to go by them and making them move to get your car through. Its like the road was meant for cars and not for the kids to hang out being "cool"

697166[/snapback]

We must live in the same neighborhood. Sometimes I want to bump one. Not too hard, just enough to knock them over and scrape a knee.

My mother is a left hand lane driver and she won't move over for anyone. When someone passes her in the right lane she bitches about it. I try to explain to her that she needs to move over but she doesn't think she should have to....people should just drive slower than her. :lol::)

Female Lajik

Same here.

When I do drive the highway, I keep it around 74-ish and try to move out of the way when anyone needs me to.  I'm generally going fast enough that I'd be passing and moving left and right too much.

Doesn't excuse the idiots who feel the need to go 90 and make it dangerous for everyone.  I especially hate people who just weave through the lanes doing 20-30 mph over like it's NASCAR without the ultra-safe cars and helmets.

697088[/snapback]

I am the same. If the right lane is doing 65 and I have set the crusie at "74-ish", I am NOT going to slow down and move over, so you can pass me at 90 mph!

Sucks to be you! :lol:

I do make an effort, when I observe someone creeping up on me fast, to find a gap on the right that will allow them to use their license to fly, without slowing me down.

697144[/snapback]

Which brings me to my next point: most people should spend more time worrying about their own driving, and less about everyone else's. I don't need every single idiot on the road to police my driving; I need them to police their own.

It's real simple. Drive in the right. pass on the left. For those speeding and are getting pissed off at someone passing on the left, but making you slow down...too bad. There is no reason to tailgate unless some assclown REFUSES to move over when it is safe to do so. As long as you are actively passing, the left lane is OK...but, move the hell over as soon as it's safe to do so and let the speeders go by.

For those of you who say you drive in the left lane, but move over when you have to...you don't. You have other things on your mind, and then you realize some assclown is tailgating you and you get all pissed off. Or you notice you're going the same speed as the car to the right of you and there is no safe way to pull over. There is one real good solution. DRIVE IN THE RIGHT LANE! Pass in the left lane.

SIMPLE...no?

I generally pull into the left lane, maintaing speed, when I approach an entrance ramp to allow traffic to safely merge. Can I assume you are the fellow who zooms up 6 feet off my rear bumper when I do that? :lol:

697149[/snapback]

I get that and am generally understanding of the situation. When the person driving in the left lane stays there until they have passed every driver going .0000000000001 mph slower than them, is when I get pissed.

Colorado does it right. If you impede traffic in the left lane, you will be ticketed.

I know there are several people on the board from Atlanta, and I'm sure they'll agree with me....unless you are doing at least 85mph here, please stay out of the left lane. Since we spend most our time going 5mph on a sixteen lane highway, we feel the need to make up lost time when the road opens up. This PSA is directed at drivers with GA plates from Butts, Troup, Meriwhether, Spalding and Polk counties (did I miss any?). Oh yeah, and anyone with an Alabama plate.

I don't think people can fathom the amount of problems left lane schlepprocks can cause.

It's real simple.  Drive in the right. pass on the left.  For those speeding and are getting pissed off at someone passing on the left, but making you slow down...too bad.  There is no reason to tailgate unless some assclown REFUSES to move over when it is safe to do so.  As long as you are actively passing, the left lane is OK...but, move the hell over as soon as it's safe to do so and let the speeders go by.

For those of you who say you drive in the left lane, but move over when you have to...you don't.  You have other things on your mind, and then you realize some assclown is tailgating you and you get all pissed off.  Or you notice you're going the same speed as the car to the right of you and there is no safe way to pull over.  There is one real good solution.  DRIVE IN THE RIGHT LANE!  Pass in the left lane.

SIMPLE...no?

697181[/snapback]

Well put. Sometimes I stay in the left lane too long but, if soemone comes out of nowhere that is clearly going faster than me, I feel embaressed and get the heck out of the lane.

It's real simple.  Drive in the right. pass on the left.  For those speeding and are getting pissed off at someone passing on the left, but making you slow down...too bad.  There is no reason to tailgate unless some assclown REFUSES to move over when it is safe to do so.  As long as you are actively passing, the left lane is OK...but, move the hell over as soon as it's safe to do so and let the speeders go by.

For those of you who say you drive in the left lane, but move over when you have to...you don't.  You have other things on your mind, and then you realize some assclown is tailgating you and you get all pissed off.  Or you notice you're going the same speed as the car to the right of you and there is no safe way to pull over.  There is one real good solution.  DRIVE IN THE RIGHT LANE!  Pass in the left lane.

SIMPLE...no?

697181[/snapback]

This would sure be a good rule to follow! :lol:

Another thing about left lane passers. If you are using the left lane to pass, as you should be, please speed up while passing. It sucks when the schmuck in front of you is going 71, and needs to pass the person going 70, but the passer never accelerates and just stays at 71, thus taking roughly 10 minutes and 10 miles to make their pass. Get into the left lane, speed up to pass, and then get back over and slow down if you wish. Dont pass like a pu$$y.

697149[/snapback]

That's a good point. Left laners are no worse than right laners; the people who apparently have no concept that others and exiting or entering the highway from that lane.

And then of course there are the on-rampers, who apparently have never been instructed that the purpose of an acceleration ramp is to ACCELARATE so that you are traveling at full speed by the time you reach the merge point. I have honestly wanted to murder people who were in front of me going 35 mph and wondering why they couldn't merge onto a highway where everyone is going twice that speed.

Since we spend most our time going 5mph on a sixteen lane highway, we feel the need to make up lost time when the road opens up.

697187[/snapback]

I drove through Atlanta on my way to Birmingham to visit relatives several years ago. I thiught that was the exception rather than the rule. You have my condolences... :lol: