Who here knows what the left lane is for????

One question i have tho. I have to drive through the ghetto to get to work. why the !@#$ are black people always walking in the middle of the road? There are 2 perfectly good sidewalks, and hell, theres even a shoulder, so why is there a need to walk in the middle of the lane or in the left turn lane?

697076[/snapback]

Oh sure turn this into a racist/sterotype discussion and get it sent to the idiots on PPP why don't you. :lol:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I almost destroyed an amish buggy once...going over a hill in Connewango Valley..I was doing like 45 and out of nowhere came an amish buggy...that would have been ugly

697216[/snapback]

So what if you did, it's not like they can call anyone. :lol:

That is correct CTM.  A wise man once said, cars are not the place for talking on the cell phone, reading the paper, checking out yourself in the mirror, sending an email, and eating breakfast.  Cars are for getting to where you need to go, and for getting blown.

697105[/snapback]

I thought thats what the zoo is for!

That is correct CTM.  A wise man once said, cars are not the place for talking on the cell phone, reading the paper, checking out yourself in the mirror, sending an email, and eating breakfast.  Cars are for getting to where you need to go, and for getting blown.

697105[/snapback]

I thought the last one was what the Oval Office was for.

You should never do more than the speed limit while in the left lane... So why is it bothering you that somebody is there? Now of course if they are going under the speed limit... They should show courtesy, move over and let others pass (of course you should only pass doing the allowed speed limit).

What seems to be the problem?

:lol::)

You sound like someone that would drive slow in the left lane to teach us speeders "a lesson".

697144[/snapback]

No, I wouldn't. But I'd drive the speed I'm going and if someone wants to tailgate me going 85 with a semi to the right of me, I'd be pretty pissed off.

I almost destroyed an amish buggy once...going over a hill in Connewango Valley..I was doing like 45 and out of nowhere came an amish buggy...that would have been ugly

697216[/snapback]

The horror....handcrafted hardwood everywhere....and that triangle reflector thingy.

And while we're on the subject, if you're coming up on a construction zone and one lane is ending, why do some people feel the need to zoom right up to the cones and expect me to let them squeeze in? If everyone would just move to the correct lane when you first see the signs telling which lane is closed, traffic would flow smoother, rather than getting all bunched up because someone has to stop and let a lane cutter in.

And while we're on the subject, if you're coming up on a construction zone and one lane is ending, why do some people feel the need to zoom right up to the cones and expect me to let them squeeze in? If everyone would just move to the correct lane when you first see the signs telling which lane is closed, traffic would flow smoother, rather than getting all bunched up because someone has to stop and let a lane cutter in.

697479[/snapback]

That is my roommate's pet peeve. He caught a B word doing that a week ago and pulled her over. She got mouthy with him so he held her there for an hour while he wrote $1000 worth of tickets.

That is my roommate's pet peeve.  He caught a B word doing that a week ago and pulled her over.  She got mouthy with him so he held her there for an hour while he wrote $1000 worth of tickets.

697524[/snapback]

What was her 40? <_<

That is my roommate's pet peeve.  He caught a B word doing that a week ago and pulled her over.  She got mouthy with him so he held her there for an hour while he wrote $1000 worth of tickets.

697524[/snapback]

Most excellent. :P

The 90/290 merge just past the airport is another good place for that. Memo to the tools who attempt the pedal-to-the-metal, then cut over to the 290 side at the last possible second move: if some b*tch to your right decides to ride six inches off the back bumper of the car in front of her just so you can't do that? That would be me. <_<

Back to the original topic: mostly agreed, but #89's right about I-86 -- on the parts that haven't been recently rebuilt, the right lane is absolutely BRUTAL.

697479[/snapback]

Exactly... Like sand through and hour glass.

I think the that was a new word in the dictionary this or last year?

Called:

merge weasel

The left lane is for driving in. The right lanes are for overtaking.

Or am I being unhelpful?

697097[/snapback]

Driving in Europe on the highways is nuts. I remember on the highway from Rome to Napoli, there had to be guys going way over 200 KPH.

Another thing about left lane passers. If you are using the left lane to pass, as you should be, please speed up while passing. It sucks when the schmuck in front of you is going 71, and needs to pass the person going 70, but the passer never accelerates and just stays at 71, thus taking roughly 10 minutes and 10 miles to make their pass. Get into the left lane, speed up to pass, and then get back over and slow down if you wish. Dont pass like a pu$$y.

697197[/snapback]

Agreed, and people wonder why road rage exists <_<

You should never do more than the speed limit while in the left lane... So why is it bothering you that somebody is there?  Now of course if they are going under the speed limit... They should show courtesy, move over and let others pass (of course you should only pass doing the allowed speed limit).

What seems to be the problem?

<_<  :P

697236[/snapback]

That they make cars faster than they should :P

Why an SUV has to have a hydraulic suspension, coupled with a 400 HP Twin Turbo engine is beyond me.

That they make cars faster than they should  <_<

Why an SUV has to have a hydraulic suspension, coupled with a 400 HP Twin Turbo engine is beyond me.

697668[/snapback]

Because it skirts the more stringent federal regulations (on passenger cars) that were passed way back in (I think) 1978, exempting trucks, work vehicles... SUVs skirt the gray area!

Because it skirts the more stringent federal regulations (on passenger cars) that were passed way back in (I think) 1978, exempting trucks, work vehicles... SUVs skirt the gray area!

697669[/snapback]

It was just a figure of speech <_<

Although I love sports cars, the way these cars just get faster and faster.

I was reading in a magazine the other day that the Mercedes SLR500 is able to handle relatively smooth and use the automatic roof at 200MPH without a problem. Who the hell drives 200 MPH lol

It's ok to stay in the left lane but only if you leave your left directional on.

696995[/snapback]

National tradition here in PR for people to drive ultra-slow in the left lane; many times with the four-ways on ;) And IM not taking about broken down junk cars either. This is practiced all the time on the expressways <_<:P

Another pastime is to have the opposite turn signal on when you turn. I haven't been able to figure this one out yet. Maybe the people here all have ESP. IM no mind reader, so needless to say this has led to some close calls driving. I won't post here what people have said with fists shaking...anyway its in Spanish and something is always lost in the translation :P

697479[/snapback]

I have been on some road work construction sites on some big Highways, and they can be some of the most frightening places to work cause you constantly have to have your eyes open. You never know when someone might miss a cone.

I watched a woman notice a cone too late and actually cut through the construction site to get back on the highway. Some people just don't give 100% attention when they are driving