Don't know much about hockey but..

What if the Sabres win the Stanly Cup? Could that be an omen for our Bills? Anything can happen

Go Sabres!!!!

695812[/snapback]

Remember when the Sabres were in the Cup finals and the Bills were nowhere near the Superbowl? Or when the Bills were in the Superbowl, and the Sabres were nowhere near the Cup finals? Or when the Sabres were in the Cup finals AGAIN, and the Bills were nowhere near the Superbowl?

In other words...no. ;)

Remember when the Sabres were in the Cup finals and the Bills were nowhere near the Superbowl?  Or when the Bills were in the Superbowl, and the Sabres were nowhere near the Cup finals?  Or when the Sabres were in the Cup finals AGAIN, and the Bills were nowhere near the Superbowl?

In other words...no.  ;)

695821[/snapback]

Yeah, but that was only throughout history, he's talking about today.

I don't know about the Stanly Cup.  But it would be great if they win the Stanley Cup.

695823[/snapback]

The Stanley Cup is the only major sports trophy that bears the name of every player of every team that won it. There is nothing like it in sport. When you raise it over your head, you raise ever player who won it before you.

You can talk about the ring, but the Stanley Cup makes you immortal. That's heavy!

PTR

The Stanley Cup is the only major sports trophy that bears the name of every player of every team that won it.  There is nothing like it in sport.  When you raise it over your head, you raise ever player who won it before you.

You can talk about the ring, but the Stanley Cup makes you immortal.  That's heavy!

PTR

695901[/snapback]

So what happens when they run out of room?

The Stanley Cup is the only major sports trophy that bears the name of every player of every team that won it.  There is nothing like it in sport.  When you raise it over your head, you raise ever player who won it before you.

You can talk about the ring, but the Stanley Cup makes you immortal.  That's heavy!

PTR

695901[/snapback]

The Stanley Cup DOES NOT have all the winners on it. It is made up of sections. When one section fills up, they take one out and put in a new one.

There's tons of room on the thing, and they engrave really, really small. In fact, right now they are putting down all 6721 guys that Rod Brind'amour has won face-offs from since 1997.

695930[/snapback]

Good thing Drury's name is already on the cup ;)

What if the Sabres win the Stanly Cup? Could that be an omen for our Bills? Anything can happen

Go Sabres!!!!

695812[/snapback]

Hey, maybe it could. Obviously, the Sabres' success has nothing to do with the Bills. However looking at the Sabres' success can make us fans feel better about the Bills' current plans. The Sabres' big moves this offseason: get rid of their leading scorer (Satan), arguably their best defenseman (Zhitinik) and bring in a 36 year old defensemen (Teppo). :w00t: I'm sure most fans, like myself, thought the Sabres were doomed. ;) However, chemistry is a very underrated. Hockey and football are 2 sports where working hard and believing in your teammates can really make up some of the talent you lack. The Sabres are young and appear to have no egos, and it appears that the Bills are being built into a similar type of team. So hopefully, we will have another hard working, overachieving team to root for this fall. Go Sabres and Go Bills!!!

Hey, maybe it could.  Obviously, the Sabres' success has nothing to do with the Bills.  However looking at the Sabres' success can make us fans feel better about the Bills' current plans.  The Sabres' big moves this offseason:  get rid of their leading scorer (Satan), arguably their best defenseman (Zhitinik) and bring in a 36 year old defensemen (Teppo).  :w00t:  I'm sure most fans, like myself, thought the Sabres were doomed. ;)  However, chemistry is a very underrated.  Hockey and football are 2 sports where working hard and believing in your teammates can really make up some of the talent you lack.  The Sabres are young and appear to have no egos, and it appears that the Bills are being built into a similar type of team.  So hopefully, we will have another hard working, overachieving team to root for this fall.  Go Sabres and Go Bills!!!

695937[/snapback]

Would be a nice switch as the Bills have been underachievers the last few years.

The Stanley Cup DOES NOT have all the winners on it.  It is made up of sections.  When one section fills up, they take one out and put in a new one.

695932[/snapback]

Actually, I think they just add a new section to the base without taking any out. Pictures of it from a several years ago only have four sections...but more recent pictures have five.

Actually, I think they just add a new section to the base without taking any out.  Pictures of it from a several years ago only have four sections...but more recent pictures have five.

695962[/snapback]

lol..

uhmm there is a whole pile of sections in the hof, if they kept em all on that thing would be like 20 feet tall.

PTR

Didn't Jackie Martling take a dump in it or something? ;)

Didn't Jackie Martling take a dump in it or something? ;)

695997[/snapback]

I certainly did not :w00t: Seriously though I think read/heard there's more than one Cup one that used to go on tour, one that stays at the Hall of Fame in Toronto etc. Sort of like Santa Claus.

The Sabres' big moves this offseason: get rid of their leading scorer (Satan), arguably their best defenseman (Zhitinik) and bring in a 36 year old defensemen (Teppo).

So the Bills should get rid of their leading scorer (Holcomb, with 10 TD's), their best defensive player (Fletcher with 157 tackles), and bring in a 36 year old defensive player (Troy Vincent is 35; Born: 06/08/1971, Lawyer Milloy is too young Born: 11/14/1973).