Enough of the vomit-inducing flutie dwarf love

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

i watched part of that game, and flutie was spectacular. they won 47-45 against the defending national champs, for crying out loud.

692666[/snapback]

Don't confuse them with facts. Flutie bad. :blink:

You know... I never liked the little engine that couldn't...

I have to admit though that part of it comes from a sense of dislike towards being told what to do... the media loved him... so therefore we were supposed to as well...

He was 1/2 of the worst debacle in Bills history in terms of the RJ/Flutie controversy which boiled and churned over several seasons. I was happy when they were both gone because the controversy was finally put to rest - but now that Flutie's retired... here it comes again... the same old arguements rehashed... Flutie never won a superbowl here or anywhere else... he had some great games as a Bill... but he isn't even one of our top 3 QB's ever (in no order - Kelly, Kemp, & Fergy).

Gerard Phalen.

If he doesnt catch the hail mary, little dougie is nothing. All he'd be is a second rate never was in the NFL.

Phalen deserves the credit for the hail mary anyway. All doug did was chuck it up and pray. Phalen did the all the tough work to actually catch the pass.

692637[/snapback]

Amen, the guy's a Mullet flug fraud.

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

i watched part of that game, and flutie was spectacular. they won 47-45 against the defending national champs, for crying out loud.

692666[/snapback]

Flutie was terrific in that game...and lucky (which is always nice). I remember wwatching and thinking he was great, but that MIAMI QB is going to be great in the NFL.

I love all this "little guy" talk. It's absurd. Flutie is 5'10"!!! Yeah, he's small for an NFL QB--but he's probably just as tall as Jay Leno and the average American male.

692928[/snapback]

5'10" is what the stats say, but that's with his cleats on. I've stood next to him at one of the Hunters Hope charity balls, and he's about my height, and I'm 5'8".

5'10" is what the stats say, but that's with his cleats on. I've stood next to him at one of the Hunters Hope charity balls, and he's about my height, and I'm 5'8".

693231[/snapback]

That's what I don't understand about this hate for Flutie. He is probably closer to most posters on this board that any other player. You would think most people would root for him. He played professioanl football at 43. That's incredible. Anyways, 21-9 win-loss record and a 47 to 30 TD to INT rate ain't bad for any NFL QB, much less a so-called midget. Anyways, I'm done with this Flutie debate. Let's go LosmanNallHolcombOchosWoodbury!!! :)

That's what I don't understand about this hate for Flutie.  He is probably closer to most posters on this board that any other player.  You would think most people would root for him.  He played professioanl football at 43.  That's incredible.  Anyways, 21-9 win-loss record and a 47 to 30 TD to INT rate ain't bad for any NFL QB, much less a so-called midget.  Anyways, I'm done with this Flutie debate.  Let's go LosmanNallHolcombOchosWoodbury!!!  :)

693237[/snapback]

I wouldn't really dispute that my preference of Rob Johnson over Flutie at the end came from being fairly tall (6ft3) myself. I am not going to whine about being tall, but it always annoyed me that whenever I did something while playing basketball or playing volleyball people just chalked it up to "oh he's just tall" when I felt like no one says "oh he's just fast, or oh he just has good vision."

But.... I now admit that I picked the wrong horse and my feeling that Johnson could eventually learn how to avoid the rush be a great QB someday was wrong. Flutie brought some excitement and maybe should have stayed another year or two longer.

I suppose people should keep this in mind when I hate on Losman. Mayhaps my judge of QB talent is lacking...

Edited by JohnnyB

That's what I don't understand about this hate for Flutie.  He is probably closer to most posters on this board that any other player.  You would think most people would root for him.  He played professioanl football at 43.  That's incredible.  Anyways, 21-9 win-loss record and a 47 to 30 TD to INT rate ain't bad for any NFL QB, much less a so-called midget.  Anyways, I'm done with this Flutie debate.  Let's go LosmanNallHolcombOchosWoodbury!!!  :)

693237[/snapback]

22-8. don't ever forget the just give it to 'em game.

If Flutie had only started that play off game vs the Tenn titans!  :)

That was the dumbest move in Buffalo Bills history.

692650[/snapback]

Yes, if only they'd allowed Doug to cover the kickoff he'd have tackled Kevin Dyson with a mere stern glare...

I'm glad someone mentioned Dougie's playoff game too. Nothing like fumbling on the 5 yard line when you're going in for the win. If you mess with the V-size on your monitor a little it actually looks like an RJ play.

And to be fair RJ DID lead a substantial 2 minute drive in that game to take the lead and he did part of it without a shoe. If we tackle Dyson I think we all look at RJ differently because he joins a very short list of Bills QBs to win a playoff game (Kemp, Ferguson, Kelly, Reich and I think that's it.)

And before someone goes off as me being a Flutie Hater and RJ-slurper. Whatever, they BOTH sucked. They BOTH needed to go and the fact that people debate this is emabrassing. Flutie/Johnson is like Bush/Gore or Bush/Kerry. It inspires at lot of heated debate and ruffles feathers but at the end of the day they BOTH suck. Let's stop arguing about who was less crappy.

Ummmm, let me get this straight....

People here are honestly implying(or even saying) that RJ was a better QB than Flutie?

GROW A BRAIN PEOPLE! :)

692735[/snapback]

No, I very much understand this is a team where the glory/blame is shared! However, the Smurfs minions always decided to make it about him. This is very wrong. Like saying he saved the Bills from moving! LOL! :lol:

We had the Tennessee game won till Porter screwed it all up. In Mijami, we didn't have a chance and we were on the goal line! :D

I'm all about winning. I am a Bills fan, first and foremost, not a player fan. But I do have my favorites and when they leave, I forget about them.

693237[/snapback]

Yeah, thats an awesome record for a 43 year old NFL QB

He was a decent football player, but I just disliked his attitude and cockyness. The guy spent the majority of his career in the CFL, and then he comes over to the NFL (where he could never catch on) and acts as if he is the greatest thing to come to the game. He had 2 seasons as a starter in his NFL career and never won a playoff game. He got by because he was the underdog, and thats why people love him, he was always told he was too small to play, and so when he did, he proved them all wrong. But at 43 years old, you have only played 2 full seasons as a starter, there has to be something wrong with you, weither it be physical abilities or attitude.

Well, all I have to say is DF inspired a lot of people and helps many people with his charity. He IS a part of football history and we were lucky to have him as a Bill. It is all behind us now and in the end for better or worse, it adds character to the Bills.

That sounded awefully mushy so read it again and look at from a history angle. :doh:

I probably think Flutie was the better QB but I was glad when they went with Johnson. We KNEW we weren't going to win a SB with Flutie and Johnson would have been the only one of the two to have won a playoff game.. had the special teams not blown it. I want the Bills to WIN the SB. That is the goal and it wasn't going to happen with Flutie.

It turned out RJ was not a winner and the team paid a steep price for him.

Lastly, Flutie was a cancer to the team with his back-stabbing ways to the media. I want the Bills to win a Superbowl at least once before I depart this earth but I would prefer it without a media-hyped fraud of a person as leader of the team.