Sabres vs. Ottawa

damj

JP was hurt for a good portion of the year.

690323[/snapback]

Well, see, that's the point. You dress JP and you know there's a good chance he's going to get injured. Why bother with that when you have an always-healthy, more productive Vanek on the line?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me too

Miller played well last night... 2-1 is still a pretty intense game... The game winning goal was on the PP.

I am not faulting Kerry Fraiser for stuffing his whistle away in regards to the Sabres... That you gotta work through and be a good soldier about.

690455[/snapback]

They really need Tim Connolly back. They lack a playmaker with his stick on offense. They may end it tonight but to advance beyond that Tim needs to come back. I know concussions are a series business but he has to decide because he may never get another shot at the cup with another team.

The Sabres will be fine.  The series ends no later than game 6 in Buffalo.

690664[/snapback]

Ya, mister cool and calm... You called it!!!

I don't know how the old time hockey players (especially the maskless goalies) did.

Literally, playoff hockey is a gut wrenching, ulcer building endeavour!

Here is an amazing stat!

All five games were decided by one goal in the series that featured a tie score or a one-goal lead for all but 1:40 of total play.

690917[/snapback]

Also, I think every victory was picked up by the team that was outshot. A very odd series.

Also, I think every victory was picked up by the team that was outshot.  A very odd series.

690919[/snapback]

Yes... That just goes to show you how imporatnt goaltending is in the playoffs... But, then there is no way of determining what kind of "quality" the shots on net are???

I think the oddest stat of the night, was that the goal by Pomminville was only the second OT goal by a rookie (last time was in 1954) in Stanley Cup playoff history, and only the 6th shorthanded OT goal in SC playoff history...pretty amazing...all of this according to the OLN post game guys...

God, it feels good to root for a team that you know is good!

I think the oddest stat of the night, was that the goal by Pomminville was only the second OT goal by a rookie (last time was in 1954) in Stanley Cup playoff history, and only the 6th shorthanded OT goal in SC playoff history...pretty amazing...

690995[/snapback]

It also appears that is the only time a playoff series was decided by a shorthanded goal in OT.

All I can say is: Pom is lucky that it was Wayne Redden and not Scott Stevens on the backside. Redden had the opportunity to absolutely crush him (Pominville was looking down at the puck), but instead went for the lame stick over and got toasted.

Reason number 2,588 that Ottawa is going home - their best players are softer than a newborn's ass.

I think the oddest stat of the night, was that the goal by Pomminville was only the second OT goal by a rookie (last time was in 1954) in Stanley Cup playoff history, and only the 6th shorthanded OT goal in SC playoff history...pretty amazing...all of this according to the OLN post game guys...

690995[/snapback]

And for that you give a lot of credit to Lindy. He doesn't care who was a rookie or whatever, he plays the players who best fit the situation. He used to long off-season to study his talent in Rochester and it paid off. He knows what each player can and can't do and he'll pick his lines based on that over "years of service."

And for that you give a lot of credit to Lindy.  He doesn't care who was a rookie or whatever, he plays the players who best fit the situation.  He used to long off-season to study his talent in Rochester and it paid off.  He knows what each player can and can't do and he'll pick his lines based on that over "years of service."

691030[/snapback]

Actually, I'd say the credit goes to the entire organization. Case in point: the benching of Thomas Vanek. Not too many teams have the 'nads to sit their golden boy top 5 draft choice who was also their 2nd leading regular season goal scorer - but Lindy did because TV was playing like crap. Darcy obviously doesn't do too much meddling and that's a good message to send your team.

There are alot of rewards to letting guys actually win their spots - we've seen it throughout these playoffs. Hopefully they're paying attention over at OBD.

Actually, I'd say the credit goes to the entire organization.  Case in point:  the benching of Thomas Vanek.  Not too many teams have the 'nads to sit their golden boy top 5 draft choice who was also their 2nd leading regular season goal scorer - but Lindy did because TV was playing like crap.  Darcy obviously doesn't do too much meddling and that's a good message to send your team.

Well, that also goes to reason 2,589 that Ottawa lost as well...I was getting there with what I said, but you nailed it.

Been tempted to list the "dumb moves" that Darcy made over the years that has gotten us here:

Keeping Ruff around.

Dumping our high scorer (Satan)

Dealing Peca for two worthless players.

Not dumping Connolly...

Not picking up another veteran goalie...

etc...you'd probably be much better at this than I am, being that you live and breathe Sabres hockey...

And of course to give credit to Darcy you gotta give credit to Quinn for "standing pat" when he could have cleaned house...

After reading this thread all I can say is: Buffalo Fans :ph34r:

I'm almost to the point of when I tell people I'm from NY and they ask "the city?" saying, "yeah, the city, that's right."

No wonder Buffalo's been in the dumps for so many years with those defeatest attitudes. Have you people not been following this team this year? How could you not think anything but positive thoughts about them.