McGahee not at mini-camp

He was at the other camps, why wouldn't he be at this one? Also, this is a rookie camp and for guys who missed the voluntary sessions. Not a big deal, but I would like to know where this story came from. I haven't seen it on ANY news sites, either large or small, and this would be worth at least a line or two somewhere.

Orchard Park, NY (WGR 550) - It's been three months since the Buffalo Bills designated cornerback Nate Clements as their franchise player, but it took until today for Clements to sign the offer.

Today, Clements agreed to a one-year, $7.2 million deal to stay a Buffalo Bill for at least one more season. He was on hand today for the opening of post-draft mini camp and rookie orientation.

Takeo Spikes was also at the camp but did not practice. Willis McGahee has not shown up as of yet.

Thanks. Also keep in mind, he hasn't shown up yet. It is rookie acclimation day. Let's see if he doesn't show up at all. However, this report is both good and bad. He came to the others and as long as he shows up to training camp and does well, the Bills will be fine.

He was at the other camps, why wouldn't he be at this one?  Also, this is a rookie camp and for guys who missed the voluntary sessions.  Not a big deal, but I would like to know where this story came from.  I haven't seen it on ANY news sites, either large or small, and this would be worth at least a line or two somewhere.

684792[/snapback]

Incorrect. He skipped the last one, too. DJ said a few diffent times in the media that he expected McGahee to show last time, but I am pretty sure he never did. The odd thing is that when he did show up a while back, he said all the right things -- "I need to show the new coaches that I am their guy." But now this...

Incorrect. He skipped the last one, too. DJ said a few diffent times in the media that he expected McGahee to show last time, but I am pretty sure he never did. The odd thing is that when he did show up a while back, he said all the right things -- "I need to show the new coaches that I am their guy." But now this...

684810[/snapback]

It seems to be par for the course w/ players from the U. I think Edge James and Sean Taylor normally were no-shows during mini-camps too.

I cannot read McGahee, to be honest.

Takeo Spikes was also at the camp but did not practice. Willis McGahee has not shown up as of yet.

684796[/snapback]

I'm more concerned about TKO's progress than Willis not being in mini-camp... not that he absolutely had to practice this weekend, but I'd like to see some reassurance that he'll be ready for Week 1.

684810[/snapback]

I believe you guys are reffering to the team work outs that were held a few weeks ago, he did show up....for the first day and then never came back (believe there were three days of workouts).

I don't care anymore, NFL players are like celebrity actors, they do what they want and need constant coddling.

McGahee is in a contract year. He was awful last year. He'd better fuggin show up on Sundays this fall, otherwise it will cost him millions. Clements realized this, McGahee will too.

I don't care anymore, NFL players are like celebrity actors, they do what they want and need constant coddling.

McGahee is in a contract year.  He was awful last year.  He'd better fuggin show up on Sundays this fall, otherwise it will cost him millions.  Clements realized this, McGahee will too.

684842[/snapback]

McGahee has 2 years left on his deal...

He does????  Whoops, coulda sworn he was in a contract year along with Kelsay... no?

684858[/snapback]

McGahee signed a 5 yr deal as a rook. and he's only been with us for 3.

2 years left, with salaries...

2003 411000.00

2004 326250.00

2005 529000.00

2006 731750.00

2007 905000.00

I'm more concerned about TKO's progress than Willis not being in mini-camp... not that he absolutely had to practice this weekend, but I'd like to see some reassurance that he'll be ready for Week 1.

684814[/snapback]

There is a new offense being installed it would be nice if WM could take a few days out of his busy schedule to get on the same page with his teammates. The day Willis has shown that he totally understands his responsibilities with blitz pickups I won't mind him missing these camps. Until then I'll continue to be annoyed by the guy.

He came to the first camp and stayed for the whole time. He came to the second and left for personal reasons. He was not there today, but we should wait and see if he shows for the rest of this one. I don't think he will, but at least he came to one. That's more than last year.

His statements were likely handed to him from his agent Drew Rosehaus, the same guy who panders for T.O. I think he might be part of the problem here too. :P

McGahee is in a contract year.  He was awful last year.  He'd better fuggin show up on Sundays this fall, otherwise it will cost him millions.  Clements realized this, McGahee will too.

684842[/snapback]

Yeah...it's a cry'n shame the players don't worry about football 24/7/365 like TSW-ers. :P

It seems to be par for the course w/ players from the U. I think Edge James and Sean Taylor normally were no-shows during mini-camps too.

I cannot read McGahee, to be honest.

684812[/snapback]

I can read him just fine. He's a jerk with a jerk agent. He'll never play for Buffalo after his contract ends, and that's OK because there will be better backs out there. He's not quick enough, takes plays off and his high opinion of himself is an obstacle.

I hope I'm wrong.

I can read him just fine. He's a jerk with a jerk agent. He'll never play for Buffalo after his contract ends, and that's OK because there will be better backs out there. He's not quick enough, takes plays off and his high opinion of himself is an obstacle.

I hope I'm wrong.

I hope you are too, though I agree with a lot that is in your quote. Willis does have a jerk agent. If you don't think so, his agent is the same guy who represents T.O. I need say nothing more. Willis does take plays off, but I think that was because he didn't respect Mularkey or Clements and felt that he was under utilized in a sputtering offense last year. He has two years to improve. If he plays very well, the Bills will re-sign him to the very large contract that he would deserve. If not, then there will be plenty of talented players in the draft or in FA that would be worth getting and they'll make sure the door hits him in the ass on the way out.

I do think that making decisions about a guy's attendance at a VOLUNTARY camps is getting a bit ahead of the game. Still, let's see how things go. He'll either be a benefit to a struggling offense, or his lack of performance will drag us further into the depths of the Tidy Bowl.

Maybe Gates will show something and get an opportunity. I'm sure Willis is working out hard and keeping himself in shape but with a new offense and new system etc it helps him and the team to be there. It also would help him relationship with the new coaching staff. Here is my question--what else does Willis have to do????? He is a professional athlete this is his job!!!!