Bills Record in '06-'07

What will the Bills record be this season?  

147 members have voted

1. 1. What will the Bills record be this season?

• 0-16
    • 1-15
    • 2-14
    • 3-13
    • 4-12
    • 5-11
    • 6-10
    • 7-9
    • 8-8
    • 9-7
    • 10-6
    • 11-5
    • 12-4
    • 13-3
    • 14-2
    • 15-1
    • 16-0

I think we'll find out that our players are better than we thought. The difference will be some coherent coaching and playcalling. (I'm hoping anyway.) No playoffs, but 8-8 is doable. Sorry, no Brady Quinn.

PTR

I think we'll find out that our players are better than we thought.  The difference will be some coherent coaching and playcalling.  (I'm hoping anyway.)  No playoffs, but 8-8 is doable.  Sorry, no Brady Quinn.

PTR

683804[/snapback]

I agree with you. I think the offense will struggle again but be improved enough to give us some hope in 2007 and the defense will be much improved with a new philosophy and new energy.

I think we'll find out that our players are better than we thought.  The difference will be some coherent coaching and playcalling.  (I'm hoping anyway.)  No playoffs, but 8-8 is doable.  Sorry, no Brady Quinn.

PTR

683804[/snapback]

:blush:

Before free agency started: 5-11

On 5/4 after the draft: 3-13

with wins over the Jets at home, the Pack, and Tennessee.

The team will play much harder than last year,

but I see another 2001-type season...

IMO overall OL talent level to that team is comparable if you throw out Ruben Brown.

Hope Marv ain't done yet, here's to a few more FA/late cut pick-ups.

The offense will win us five or six games. The defense will win us two or three. However, the team will play much more competitively than last season. I think the draft helped a defense that was getting old and struggled last year. Losman will play better and the OL is improved. We also have a good corps of receivers who will be looking to break out. 7-9 to 10-6 with some luck.

Go Sabres!!!

On paper, this is a 1-15 team. I'm thinking 2-14 though. Not saying the Bills will get blown out every week, they may lose a lot of close ones, but they just don't match up in terms of proven personnel, and are coming off a season where they finished near dead last in the league both offensively and defensively. In fact, the worst offense in Bills history, which is saying something. Coaching? All unproven(Fewell and Fairchild) or unsuccessful (Jauron).

On the plus side, I do like the idea of going with character players, but it's going to take an unlikely convergence of events for this team to even sniff the .500 level. But we've seen teams that look lousy turn into championship teams over night on the strength of incredible events(emergence of Kurt Warner/Tom Brady for example) so it's not impossible.

Wow that narrows it down.

85% of us think we'll win between 4 & 10 games(inclusive) this year.

It's good to know we have our fingers on the pulse of precognition. :blush:

Those 8-8 predictions are completely unrealistic. People either don't understand that we're rebuilding, or they don't understand how long rebuilding takes. Guys, the new regime opted to blow things up and start over. They weren't trying to build off of what TD and MM had left behind at all. They got rid of guys like Adams and Milloy and Moulds in favor of their own hand-picked youngsters, and it will take time for these guys to get up to speed.

Consider that Tony Dungy was one of the pioneers of the Cover 2, no? And yet it took him forever to build the Colts defense up to a respectable level. Now all of a sudden when we're building a defense, the pupil of the pupil of his pupil is going to have an effective Cover 2 defense in place after a summer of work? Please.

One thing Marv and Jauron and the rest won't tell you is how much we're going to suck this year. They can't tell us that but they know. They have to know. It's up to us to figure these things out on our own and cut them some slack when we do go 4-12 or maybe worse.

What's funny about this whole situation is while I'm ripping the draft now, during the season I'm going to end up defending our rookies and Marv and Dick from the rantings of you "positive" fans who will end up placing unrealistic expecations on this team and then turning on them when those expectations aren't met. These guys are just rookies. They're going to bad their first year. We're installing a new offense and defense. The team is going to be bad this first year.

The sooner you people understand that, the less of a backlash there will be during the season.

We're going to be 4-12 this year, 6-10 the next, and if Marv and company draft and manage personnel well, then we'll make the leap to 9-7/10-6 in 2008 and hopefully begin a new period of consistently fielding winners.

Those 8-8 predictions are completely unrealistic.  People either don't understand that we're rebuilding, or they don't understand how long rebuilding takes.  Guys, the new regime opted to blow things up and start over.  They weren't trying to build off of what TD and MM had left behind at all.  They got rid of guys like Adams and Milloy and Moulds in favor of their own hand-picked youngsters, and it will take time for these guys to get up to speed.

Consider that Tony Dungy was one of the pioneers of the Cover 2, no?  And yet it took him forever to build the Colts defense up to a respectable level.  Now all of a sudden when we're building a defense, the pupil of the pupil of his pupil is going to have an effective Cover 2 defense in place after a summer of work?  Please.

One thing Marv and Jauron and the rest won't tell you is how much we're going to suck this year.  They can't tell us that but they know.  They have to know.  It's up to us to figure these things out on our own and cut them some slack when we do go 4-12 or maybe worse.

What's funny about this whole situation is while I'm ripping the draft now, during the season I'm going to end up defending our rookies and Marv and Dick from the rantings of you "positive" fans who will end up placing unrealistic expecations on this team and then turning on them when those expectations aren't met.  These guys are just rookies.  They're going to bad their first year.  We're installing a new offense and defense.  The team is going to be bad this first year.

The sooner you people understand that, the less of a backlash there will be during the season.

We're going to be 4-12 this year, 6-10 the next, and if Marv and company draft and manage personnel well, then we'll make the leap to 9-7/10-6 in 2008 and hopefully begin a new period of consistently fielding winners.

684150[/snapback]

Oh, oh !!! Don't tell em that; they'll go sit in a corner, cry and suck their thumbs :blush:

On paper, this is a 1-15 team.  I'm thinking 2-14 though.    Not saying the Bills will get blown out every week, they may lose a lot of close ones, but they just don't match up in terms of proven personnel, and are coming off a season where they finished near dead last in the league both offensively and defensively.

684025[/snapback]

I think 3-13 sounds about right. They will beat the jests at home, and also NE because we will be there on 10/22 and ya gotta admit, our w/l record is awesome! :blush: Hopefully they can pull off another upset.

As bad as the offense was, there is little reason to believe it will improve. I hold on to a glimmer of hope that Evans will have a big year now that we got rid of the cancerous Moulds; this if the qb (unknown at this time) has a few seconds to throw. :angry: I wonder how MaGahee and Losman liked this abortion of a draft?

As for the defense, the possibility for improvement is there, or at least one would hope after the Bills used earliest selections to improve it, giving up a much needed early round pick in the torturous process. Even at that, we had better hope for a healthy Spikes to help stop the run.

As far as pass defense goes, I hope that Schobel never even stubs his toe, because if he is injured there will sadly be close to zero pass rush, unless I am missing something.

If you and I are correct (a worst case scenario), perhaps in 07, a light will go on in Marv's brain that will tell him to build the foundation, and the Buffalo Bills will take steps toward fielding a strong, solid football team. However at this point, all we can do is hope that the players he did select are good at their respective positions.