CNNSi project the Bills will have the #2

That '83 draft was special.  The bust rate for first round QB's is too high to justify drafting a QB that high, imo.  At the very least, you need to have a good offensive line in place first (Cincy/Palmer, Pittsburgh/Ben).  Marv made a big deal about how Nall is ready to play and doesn't need to be developed as much, and I think that's how he's going to look for his QB's during his regime.  Let someone else develop them, and sign them like Delhomme or trade for them like Hasselbeck, who is great QB.

680470[/snapback]

Of course, Marv did not draft Jim Kelly, since his first draft with the Bills was in 1987.

I'm just sayin'

Of course, Marv did not draft Jim Kelly, since his first draft with the Bills was in 1987.

I'm just sayin'

680490[/snapback]

I think, if I'm not mistaken, that he knew Jim Kelly was a #1 pick. I wasn't at all implying that he was involved with drafting Kelly.

They have us selecting Brady Quinn.  They must think we are going to have a great season and that JP Losman will bloom (not).

680354[/snapback]

So what, we send Nate Clements down to New England for their first round pick and we use it on a QB? :doh:

First of all, anyone who actually plays attention to those type of predictions is not very smart IMO. Remember when the Rams won the Super Bowl??? Magazines were trashing some guy named Kurt Warner being a NFL starting QB and stated if London Fletcher was startign by Halloween, they would buy you a car. These writers don't know much more than regular fans. They are just better at bsing and putting it into sentences. That being said, that why I'm so glad we didn't pick a QB. Either Nall or JP steps up and becomes our starter or we suck and do whatever we can to get Quinn.

Why would you say that and where would Marv be without Jim Kelly? Not in the Hall of Fame.

680454[/snapback]

Marv was quoted in Bills Digest as saying he wouldn't draft a QB high in the first round because then the guy would be thought of as a "savior" putting too much pressure on him and just setting him up for failure.

Who do they have going first? Quinn should be the #1 overall next year, especially after ND wins the National Championship this season. I'd love to see the Bills get him. I think the Bills want to win now but are in a rebuilding mode and I don't expect much out of them. # 1 overall in 07' is something to shoot for.

The first pick next year will come down to needs, and maybe signability as we saw this year, between Brady Quinn and Adrian Peterson. Two ridiculous talents that will instantly make their teams better.

actually the bills had 2 1st round picks the year they took kelly and the 2nd pick of the 2 is the one they used on him....#16 if I recall right....cant remember the name of the first guy, but it shows they didnt even pick kelly 1st that year.

actually the bills had 2 1st round picks the year they took kelly and the 2nd pick of the 2 is the one they used on him....#16 if I  recall right....cant remember the name of the first guy, but it shows they didnt even pick kelly 1st that year.

680752[/snapback]

Tony Hunter, TE out of Notre Dame who was a total bust.