What happened to addressing the OL?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The addressed it over the off-season.  Fowler and Reyes are upgrades to what was there before.  And what rookie did you want protecting JP's blindside after Ferguson was gone?

676517[/snapback]

If the Bills are looking to make a run next year (which is the realistic time-table) the smart move would have been to address the OL this year. That way they had a year of seasoning before they were expected to be productive. The way this has panned out we have to hope for a super sleeper tomorrow or hope that by some miracle quality OL hit FA next year and we're able to outbid the rest of the league for them.

I don't mind the Youboty pick in terms of value but damn this team needs some quality OL. This seems like the same strategy TD used for the OL which got us nowhere. At some point you have to pony up and spend high round draft picks on the OL.

Im gonn assume that the OTs they wanted were gone. Damn Texans took the 2 left that I wanted back to back and screwed us with the first 2 picks of the 3rd. We will take someone late like LeVoir but he's not gonna start. I'm pretty discouraged. Drafting a CB does make me wonder if they plan on trading Clements though.

There will still be some good depth available later on. Ryan O'Callaghan, Joe Toldeo, Jonathan Scott and Zach Streif are all available at tackle. Rob Sims, Jean-Gilles, Matua, Setterstrom, and Boothe are all available at guard.

I would never expect him to develop into a starter but i really like Matt Lentz from Michigan later on.

There will still be some good depth available later on.  Ryan O'Callaghan, Joe Toldeo, Jonathan Scott and Zach Streif are all available at tackle.  Rob Sims, Jean-Gilles, Matua, Setterstrom, and Boothe are all available at guard.

I would never expect him to develop into a starter but i really like Matt Lentz from Michigan later on.

676562[/snapback]

OMG Jean Gilles I wouldve thought was long gone......I hope we can get him.

There will still be some good depth available later on.  Ryan O'Callaghan, Joe Toldeo, Jonathan Scott and Zach Streif are all available at tackle.  Rob Sims, Jean-Gilles, Matua, Setterstrom, and Boothe are all available at guard.

Need I say more?

Wha....you mean it wasn't the offense that averaged something like 28 points a game?

:o

676546[/snapback]

You forget about the K-gun no-huddle? The Bills always lagged in time of posession. Our defense was critical! It wasn't all Jim Kelly.

PTR

How do you think we scored all those points?  By making the other team go 3-and-out.  You don't think defense wins titles?

PTR

676577[/snapback]

Walt "Bend But Don't Break" Cory was forcing teams to go 3 and out?

Say what? say you don't have any clues of these players or you didn't see their names on all the 1st round mock drafts you read?  :lol:

676584[/snapback]

Right.

I know a few things about these players:

1) They can't stop the run at the point of attack or take up an OL.

2) They can't block for a QB or RB.

That's all I need to know.

Championship teams have quality lines. We STILL don't.

Right.

I know a few things about these players:

1) They can't stop the run at the point of attack or take up an OL.

2) They can't block for a QB or RB.

That's all I need to know.

Championship teams have quality lines. We STILL don't.

676593[/snapback]

Your opinions prove that all the board experts should stop reading mock drafts and pretend they know football more than the real NFL scouts. :lol:

Your opinions prove that all the board experts should stop reading mock drafts and pretend they know football more than the real NFL scouts.  :lol:

676609[/snapback]

Are you really this stupid? Or maybe you haven't watched the games for the past decade.

Are you really this stupid? Or maybe you haven't watched the games for the past decade.

676619[/snapback]

Okay, Joe GM. The way the board has fallen, who would you have picked with the Bills slots?