IF we get a good OL in #3

I was taken aback by the #1 as everyone. Hated it. I dig McCargo, however, and didnt thnk he would be available in #2. IF we get a good prospect as an OL in round three, this really could turn out to be a good draft. Regardless, no one knows and won't know for 2-4 years.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I was taken aback by the #1 as everyone. Hated it. I dig McCargo, however, and didnt thnk he would be available in #2. IF we get a good prospect as an OL in round three, this really could turn out to be a good draft. Regardless, no one knows and won't know for 2-4 years.

675478[/snapback]

I agree. I hope there is a decent OT waiting for us in the 3rd. So far we drafted 2 positions of need.

I agree.  I hope there is a decent OT waiting for us in the 3rd.  So far we drafted 2 positions of need.

675609[/snapback]

The point of it is that we have a lot of needs. Giving up a 3rd in a deep draft to move up 15 spots for a guy that might have lasted until the 3rd is brutal.

The point of it is that we have a lot of needs. Giving up a 3rd in a deep draft to move up 15 spots for a guy that might have lasted until the 3rd is brutal.

675627[/snapback]

Unlikely to last to us in the third

I wouldn't call it "brutal"

I like the fact that we are willing to go by our convictions and not the concensus

we traded our second and third round pick for the McCargo pick, who would have been there with our second round pick.

This draft is terrible! The players may turn out to be good - but our draft strategy is awfull. So now we get two players in the first day of the draft when we should have traded down to pick up an extra pick to exit day one with four players.

we traded our second and third round pick for the McCargo pick, who would have been there with our second round pick.

This draft is terrible! The players may turn out to be good - but our draft strategy is awfull. So now we get two players in the first day of the draft when we should have traded down to pick up an extra pick to exit day one with four players.

675691[/snapback]

How do you know he would have been there?