Round 1 (#26) Selection: DT John McCargo

udonkey

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what??? I'm so confused by the bills moves today.

.. and why did they need to trade up for that guy?

675435[/snapback]

They didn't need to. Because Mel Kiper said they didn't. /sarcasm

Yeah, I won't believe any of the people who do nothing but the draft all year, and instead I'll listen to a failure of a head coach and a couple of senile old men.

The apologists' attempts to defend the indefensible is embarassing. I'm embarassed for them.

I think McCargo would have been there at heir next pick. HOWEVER, he's a prototypical DT for their scheme-- Bunkley without the hype. If this is who they were targeting, fine. I'm going to trust them until I see the whole draft.

Ryan O'Callaghan's injury might have him fall, and last night I said that Willie Hall (the MTSU OT) would be there in Round 3. Rashad Butler and Joe Toledo would also be there, I think. All would make very good O-Line guys.

McCargo will be fine, might have been a reach, but he'll be fine. Atleast we didn't give up our first for next year or something like that.

The real question is, what o-linemen will be left when the Bills select again later on in the third round?

I still don't understand why people are flipping out - Marv knows the game better than ANY of us.

You go to work and build things, sell things, etc. These guys go to work and evaluate talent and put together football teams.

Leave it to the pros. How often do "projected" first rounders pan out? Marv has a solid history of drafting quality players when he goes for scholars and players with character.

Take a deep !@#$ing breath and enjoy the fact that football season is once again upon us!

McCargo was regularly double and triple-teamed.  He made Mario Williams a better player.  Did we need a DT?  Of course we did.  So what's the beef?  It's that Mel Kiper isn't blessing our moves, that's all.

PTR

675509[/snapback]

Actually Kiper sounded like he approves of the Whitner pick

I don't have a problem with either Whitner or McCargo as a Player necessarily...

The problem I have is now we don't have the extra 3rd, and I thought a Trade Down could have been possible from #8...Especially if Philly was offering #14 and #45 (have no idea if that Clayton Rumor is true or not).

I was looking at this Draft as a GREAT opportunity to stockpile Picks...Obviously Levy/Jauron/Modrak feel this Roster is FAR deeper than I do... ;)