This Guy Knows His Football. Period.

Peter

He is a very well grounded and knowledgable guy who really does his homework. Here's my favorite quote from that article.

"Q: What is it that you have said to your team to ensure that they stay in the one game at a time mode?

BB: The last time we went to Buffalo, we got beat 31-0.

Q: Is that what you said to them?

BB: What else is there? I would like to go out there this year and not get beat 31-0. "

Ok now step back, take lips off of BB's ass :devil:

That said yeah he knows our team. He understands that from a defensive standpoint we are one of the biggest challenges he faces. That said, look at some of the things he said...he actually LIKES our personel. Sure he has his, but I bet my left one there are plenty of guys of ours he would like to have!

"They have two really good returners in [Terrance] McGee and [Nate] Clements. Those guys have had a lot of big returns. Their numbers aren’t that high because they have gotten a couple of longs ones called back which it is kind of hard to find what they were calling them back for."

Sorry, couldn't help but notice this.

Ok now step back, take lips off of BB's ass  :devil:

That said yeah he knows our team. He understands that from a defensive standpoint we are one of the biggest challenges he faces.  That said, look at some of the things he said...he actually LIKES our personel. Sure he has his, but I bet my left one there are plenty of guys of ours he would like to have!

50218[/snapback]

Psychological warfare maybe? I wouldn't put a whole lot of stock into either teams press conferences about the upcoming game. It kinda seems like "I know what hut you are in and I'm gonna bomb you three days from now".

BB doesn't fear the Bills at all. That's the Bill's advantage. I think they'll lose, there's always the zebra factor for anyone playing the Pats (especially the Bills), but they might just be respectable doing it.

All ye know and all ye need to know:

BB: We have talked about Buffalo. They are a good team. It is a division game. It is on the road. The last time we went out there, we got killed. I hope we can be a little more competitive than that this time. We will find out whether we can or not. It won’t be easy there. They play well at home. They are a good team there. They do a lot of things. They take advantage of the crowd. We had four false-start penalties. Jacksonville had three or four, whatever it was. Bledsoe drew us offsides with a hard count. They do a lot of things there at home that any good team would do to take advantage of the crowd. We will have to deal with it and we will have to do a better job with it than we did the last time. We were on the one-yard line twice and couldn’t get any points. If we can’t do any better than that, then we will probably get about the same result.

All ye know and all ye need to know:

BB: We have talked about Buffalo. They are a good team. It is a division game. It is on the road. The last time we went out there, we got killed. I hope we can be a little more competitive than that this time. We will find out whether we can or not. It won’t be easy there. They play well at home. They are a good team there. They do a lot of things. They take advantage of the crowd. We had four false-start penalties. Jacksonville had three or four, whatever it was. Bledsoe drew us offsides with a hard count. They do a lot of things there at home that any good team would do to take advantage of the crowd. We will have to deal with it and we will have to do a better job with it than we did the last time. We were on the one-yard line twice and couldn’t get any points. If we can’t do any better than that, then we will probably get about the same result.

50239[/snapback]

Yeah, it's a shame though that our crowd used to be twice as loud, hardcore , and saved the bickering til after the games. We could be a lot more of a factor than even BB mentions...

Yeah, it's a shame though that our crowd used to be twice as loud, hardcore , and saved the bickering til after the games. We could be a lot more of a factor than even BB mentions...

50243[/snapback]

That's unfortunate. Especially because it's no real fault of the crowd. Truth is...the one thing missing in the crowd is confidence in the team. There was a time when the crowd never worried about whatever predicament the team was in because it knew the team could pull out of that predicament. That feeling hasn't been around for years.

You can still hear it. Usually during the first two or three series of a game. But it's shortlived because we never score seven on our opening drive. In fact, outside of preseason, I can't remember the last time we scored a TD with an opening drive.

Somewhere about our fourth drive, after maybe our defense has given us the ball at the opponent's 30, while we're lining up for a field goal from the 21...a field goal we're not even sure we're gonna get...the Eveready batteries die and that's that.

That's unfortunate. Especially because it's no real fault of the crowd. Truth is...the one thing missing in the crowd is confidence in the team. There was a time when the crowd never worried about whatever predicament the team was in because it knew the team could pull out of that predicament. That feeling hasn't been around for years.

You can still hear it. Usually during the first two or three series of a game. But it's shortlived because we never score seven on our opening drive. In fact, outside of preseason, I can't remember the last time we scored a TD with an opening drive.

Somewhere about our fourth drive, after maybe our defense has given us the ball at the  opponent's 30, while we're lining up for a field goal from the 21...a field goal we're not even sure we're gonna get...the Eveready batteries die and that's that.

50249[/snapback]

I'm sure that's part of the story, but the crowd I speak of was there leading up to (from Levy's arrival onward), and long after the glory days on into the late nineties.

Yeah when you are winning you look like a fricken genious.......

But he looked like an absolute moron once upon a time with the Browns......what happened to that team BB?

50173[/snapback]

You sound even more like a genious (SIC) when you spell it right......

sorry, it was too classic not to point out.

love how he added that he didn't see any holding on either of our returns vs. the raiders. we had that game. i would rather the bills get punked in every phase of the game and lose 60-0 than lose a close game because the refs were in the pocket of some rich Gwar fan.

"They have two really good returners in [Terrance] McGee and [Nate] Clements. Those guys have had a lot of big returns. Their numbers aren’t that high because they have gotten a couple of longs ones called back which it is kind of hard to find what they were calling them back for."

I saw that too, Bufforange.

I also saw this:

"They got the ball on the one-yard line, and it looks like he is in and they don’t give it to him. "

Even Belichick thinks Buffalo got the shaft.

That press conference was the most useful football reading I've ever done on this board.  Period.  Thanks for the post.

50231[/snapback]

You are welcome.

I used to really despise the guy. Yet, I just respect the hell out of him now. I started reading his press conference on the Pats website before Bills games a couple of years ago. Unlike most press conferences where very little is actually said, I felt like I actually learned something.

He loves talking about the game and has amazing insight about it. He is a coach's son and it shows. He may not have the most charismatic personality. Yet, when you get down to the substance of what he says, there are very few people in his league.

I hate to say it, but it sounds like he knows our team better than our coaches.  He almost has me believing that we have a decent team.  This guy is really smart and very impressive.

50184[/snapback]

What makes you think (or what articles have you seen) to suggest that our

coaches don't know our team...Hasn't MM kept saying in the last 2 PCs that

our team is quite close to getting to where it needs to...