Off the Wall Draft Day Predictions

JoeF

Any off the wall predictions....

Here's my two..first is not draft related...but sometime during the day the Bills will announce that either Jason Peters or Nate Clements have agreed to a long term deal.

Second is that we will make at least two trades...the first is with Philly -- we will move to #14 and get their #3 pick (76) and DT Hollis Thomas and they get #8.

Then we will package #42 and #73 to get the Bears first pick at #26.

These are both from sources deep within...my toilet bowl...

OK, I'll play.

We trade down into the 15-20 range, picking up an extra 2nd. Everyone freaks because Bunkley, Justice, Ngata etc. get picked. All is lost. <_<

Then we pick the freakish Manny Lawson from NC State and he replaces Posey. We still get a DT in Round 2, along with an OL and suddenly everyone starts to see it's a pretty good day.

Any off the wall predictions....

Here's my two..first is not draft related...but sometime during the day the Bills will announce that either Jason Peters or Nate Clements have agreed to a long term deal.

Second is that we will make at least two trades...the first is with Philly -- we will move to #14 and get their #3 pick (76) and DT Hollis Thomas and they get #8.

Then we will package #42 and #73 to get the Bears first pick at #26.

These are both from sources deep within...my toilet bowl...

673861[/snapback]

About Hollis Thomas... I don't think the Bills have signed a single player over 30 yet this year... don't think we're interested...

We trade down and then we kick ourselves when fergusun falls to 8 but all of our linemen prospects are picked By the time we are on the clock at 14, but 1 of the 3 top QBs falls to us at 14 and we are trapped into making one of those damn cant pass up picks. Then it all works out cuz that rook out plays the Qbs we have and takes the starting job 10 games into the season. then we are forced into picking lineman with our later picks and in 4 years those 2nd and 3rd round lineman lead us to an AFC east championship and have earned some collective nickname.

Jets fans go ballistic and rip up the seats in RadioCity Music Hall when they pick The Brick.

Oh, sorry. You meant something that isn't very likely to happen.

Well then...

Marv picks Ernie Sims and the Board here Loves the pick.

Jets fans go ballistic and rip up the seats in RadioCity Music Hall when they pick The Brick.

Well then...

673884[/snapback]

Off the wall?

I think that we will draft Huff at #8. Our next 3 picks will consist of 1 RB, 1 DT and a CB in no particular order.

Sadly, I believe this. <_<

Off the wall?

I think that we will draft Huff at #8. Our next 3 picks will consist of 1 RB, 1 DT and a CB in no particular order.

Sadly, I believe this.  :)

673893[/snapback]

Man, I'm hoping we're both wrong. Real wrong! <_<

We pick Brodie Croyle, QB, ALABAMA with the 8th pick....The next Willie Joe... <_< (hey you said off the wall)

673907[/snapback]

IMO the bills will draft a QB but on day 2. I think JP and Nall will fight it out but lets be honest about Nall's chances. He has been a career backup and GB was so impressed with him they used their #1 last year to take Rogers and let Nall walk.

They'll trade down at least once and select a DE somewhere in the second half of R1. My guess is Mathias Kiwanuka, but I wouldn't have a problem with them choosing Manny Lawson or Kamerion Wimbley, either.

If the rumors of a trade with Chicago are true, my guess is that they are trying to trade Clements for their 26th overall pick.

IMO the bills will draft a QB but on day 2. I think JP and Nall will fight it out but lets be honest about Nall's chances. He has been a career backup and GB was so impressed with him they used their #1 last year to take Rogers and let Nall walk.
Man I love it when people try and rationalize sarcasm <_< The topic is OFF THE WALL PREDICTIONS!!!!!!

Well then...

673884[/snapback]

That's exactly why the Draft should be held at RIKERS ISLAND! Take away the need to "transport" JETS Fans! :blink:

Bills trade Nate Clements to Oakland for the 7th overall pick. They then take Bunkley at # 7, Jay Cutler at #8, then trade JP Losman to Minnesota for the 17th pick and take CB Jason Allen. C Nick Mangold falls to # 42 and the Bills take him. In the third round the Bills take WR Maurice Stovall and then trade Roscoe Parrish for an extra third round pick. With their other two third round picks, they take a LB and a G. Day Two will see a Kicker and a couple more linemen added. All of the 2006 draft picks end up as a Hall of Fame players. The Buffalo Bills win 4 straight Super Bowls from 2008-2011. Marv retires in 2012 and in 2017 at age 91 is re-elected to the HOF as a GM and 98 year old Ralph Wilson contemplates moving the team once again.

Croyle reminds me so much of Rob Johnson it isn't even funny.  They're twins, right?  C'mon, separated at birth, right?

674042[/snapback]

Do you mean appearance or playing ability and heart, because on the latter there is no comparison? Croyle would be a great second round pick, but only if we find a trade down situation that gives us an extra second.