Sick of draft guesses, so I researched quotes from

Lv-Bills

Oh boy! But anyway, just for fun, take them for what they are worth. A sampling of three different fan boards......mostly derogatory.

All copied and pasted!!! By the way, Stats Inc has a PC program which rates all lineman in the NFL. A rating scale of 1-10. They consider 6 average. Reyes is rated a 5 Run Blocker and 5 Pass Blocker. Fowler is rated the same. Villarial is rated a 6 Run Blocker and Pass Bocker. Gandy is also a 5-5. Peters graded out an overall 4.5, but I'm not sure if they had him rated better as a run blocker or pass blocker.

On the Mike Williams front, he was graded an overall 4. Bryant McKinnie was an overall 7. He was rated an 8 in one area and 6 in the other. I don't have it in front of me right now, so I'm sure which was which.

Anyway, I thought it was mildly interesting. Anyway, here are some quotes on Reyes. I couldn't really find anything positive. Seems like Big Bennie all over again. Well, at least according to fan GM's.

Reyes at tackle?! Oh my... surely not!

They'd be in for a not-so-pleasant suprise.

I could see Reyes at RT. He is really not that bad of a pass blocker. It is his run blocking that sucks bad. At RT he would not need to get as much push as he would at RG. Either way, Reyes is nothing more than a below average starter or a good back up.

Reyes blocking in space while moving....

Too bad we only play Buffalo in the preseason this year.

I was chosen to seek out lies and half truths.

Ha ha ha... poor, poor Levy... This ranks right up there with the signing of Peerless Price.

So long Reyes, Delhomme and Foster will be glad to see you landed with the Bills, LOL!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.....Reyes @ OT.....

Well it was really unconsistent last year and most of it was due to Travelle Wharton, Jeff Mitchell, and Tutan Reyes. Reyes is a good lineman but needs to work on consistency.

He's technically sound but has the aggressiveness of Richard Simmons.

If you're putting him in at LG, I hope you don't run any plays that calls for him to pull because he's just too slow to be a pulling guard.

He's a way better pass blocker than he is a run blocker.

The only thing Tutan Reyes has going for him is that he has a cool name.

so...lets see.

- Not a offensive tackle...well ok I am sure we didn't pick him up to be one

- Pass protection is good....well that would be a lot better then watching him get beat like who we currently have in that spot....

I would like to bring up something here...did anyone stop to think that maybe...just MAYBE panthers fans are a little spoiled in having dominant lines and even a "ok" starter suck to them?

We on the other hand have been so horrid that an ok starter would be an upgrade to this line....seriously

Think of it like a Jags fan who is all excited because they signed Mike Williams. As a Bills fan, what do you think of that move??

673390[/snapback]

As a Bills fan, I would be more excited about the Bills signing Mike Williams, to the kind of salary they signed Reyes to...!

first off, i hope he is going to play OG NOT OT.

secondly, one guy said its just as bad as signing Price. but i think signing price was a good move.

so hes not great, or even above average, ok.... hes still better than what we had.

so...lets see. 

- Not a offensive tackle...well ok I am sure we didn't pick him up to be one

- Pass protection is good....well that would be a lot better then watching him get beat like who we currently have in that spot....

I would like to bring up something here...did anyone stop to think that maybe...just MAYBE panthers fans are a little spoiled in having dominant lines and even a "ok" starter suck to them?

We on the other hand have been so horrid that an ok starter would be an upgrade to this line....seriously

673402[/snapback]

Good rationalization... unfortunately, Panther fans have not been spoiled by their offense at all recently: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/carindex.htm

Even if they WERE spoiled, that logic is weak, but they're not...

first off, i hope he is going to play OG NOT OT.

secondly, one guy said its just as bad as signing Price. but i think signing price was a good move.

so hes not great, or even above average, ok.... hes still better than what we had.

673414[/snapback]

He's better than Bennie. Beyond that I'm not sure if there's going to be another O-lineman that makes the roster that he's going to be better than (and Bennie probably gets cut) when it's all said and done.

I was never worried that we were going to pick up at least two guards that are better than Bennie. I wasn't just hoping for "better than Bennie", though. I was hoping for "good", maybe "great", which is still possible. I love me some Davin Joseph, for example. But until we draft or sign this good or great guard, I'll just shrug my shoulders at the signing of more average players. Nothing to get excited about.

Good rationalization... unfortunately, Panther fans have not been spoiled by their offense at all recently: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/carindex.htm

673419[/snapback]

And to further add to this.......whether the original article is right or wrong, it actually says in the ARTICLE posted on Reyes from the TBD front page, the Bills may elect to move him to a tackle spot. Actually two articles mention this possibility.

And yes, Carolina fans were most upset with their interior line this past season. As a matter of fact, it was considered the teams achille's heal.

it may be the case that they signed him as a swingman, sorta like marcus price a couple of years ago. not a great player, but a solid backup who can play credibly when duty calls. however, if they use this as an excuse to not draft an interior lineman until the second day, i will not be a happy man.

What, that there are ignorant a$$holes on carolina's board as well as ours?

673386[/snapback]

Well it was really unconsistent last year and most of it was due to Travelle Wharton, Jeff Mitchell, and Tutan Reyes.

673218[/snapback]

At least the fans on internet message boards aren't "unconsistant" in their ignorance.

Hmm.. I think I recall that when we signed Bennie Anderson last year, people here were praising the move and discounting the smack talk coming from the Ravens board.

Now, I agree that people just crap on players leaving unless they are future hall of famers in their prime... but the deja vu bothers me.

673419[/snapback]

still better then us the last 3 years. Where the panthers have ranked

2005= 22nd in yards 8th in points 16th in pass offense 19th in rush offense

2004- 10th in pass offense 28th in rush offense 13th overall in yards and 13th in points

2003- 16th in yards and 15th in points. 21st in pass offense 7th in rush offense.

compared to us they look pretty good. I'll settle for the terribly average panthers offense compared to the 3 yards and cloud of dust we've been running. Granted I dont know about Reyes so I'll just wait and see and then I'll form my opinion. We still need to come out of thise draft with a guard maybe 2.