First-Round Projections

1. Houston Reggie Bush, RB* USC

2. New Orleans Mario Williams, DE* NC State

3. Tennessee Vince Young, QB* Texas

4. N.Y. Jets D'Brickashaw Ferguson, T Virginia

5. Green Bay A.J. Hawk, LB Ohio St.

6. San Francisco Vernon Davis, TE* Maryland

7. Oakland Ernie Sims, LB* Florida St. :lol:

8. Buffalo Brodrick Bunkley, DT Florida St. ;)

9. Detroit Michael Huff, DB Texas

10. Arizona Matt Leinart, QB USC

11. St. Louis Jay Cutler, QB Vanderbilt

12. Cleveland Kamerion Wimbley, DE/OLB Florida St.

13. Baltimore Haloti Ngata, DT* Oregon

14. Philadelphia Chad Greenway, LB Iowa

15. Denver (from ATL) Santonio Holmes, WR* Ohio St.

16. Miami Antonio Cromartie, CB* Florida St.

17. Minnesota Jason Allen, CB/S Tennessee

18. Dallas Manny Lawson, OLB NC State

19. San Diego Winston Justice, T* USC

20. Kansas City Johnathan Joseph, CB* South Carolina

21. New England DeAngelo Williams, RB Memphis

22. San Francisco

(from DEN) Tye Hill, CB Clemson

23. Tampa Bay Marcus McNeill, T Auburn

24. Cincinnati Donte Whitner, DB* Ohio St.

25. N.Y. Giants Sinorice Moss, WR Miami

26. Chicago Chad Jackson, WR* Florida

27. Carolina Marcedes Lewis, TE UCLA

28. Jacksonville Nick Mangold, C Ohio St.

29. N.Y. Jets (from DEN) Bobby Carpenter, OLB Ohio St.

30. Indianapolis Laurence Maroney, RB* Minnesota

31. Seattle Jimmy Williams, CB Virginia Tech

32. Pittsburgh LenDale White, RB* USC

* denotes underclassman

Second-Round Projections

33. Houston Eric Winston, T Miami

34. New Orleans Ashton Youboty, CB* Ohio St.

35. N.Y. Jets Joseph Addai, RB LSU

36. Green Bay Kelly Jennings, CB Miami

37. Denver (from SF) Anthony Fasano, TE* Notre Dame

38. Oakland Tamba Hali, DE Penn St.

39. Tennessee D'Qwell Jackson, LB Maryland

40. Detroit DeMeco Ryans, LB Alabama

41. Arizona Leonard Pope, TE* Georgia

42. Buffalo Davin Joseph, G Oklahoma :D

43. Cleveland Demetrius Williams, WR Oregon

44. Baltimore Chris Chester, C/G Oklahoma

45. Philadelphia Maurice Stovall, WR Notre Dame

46. St. Louis Richard Marshall, CB* Fresno St.

47. Atlanta Darryl Tapp, DE Virginia Tech

48. Minnesota Kellen Clemens, QB Oregon

49. Dallas Brodie Croyle, QB Alabama

50. San Diego David Pittman, CB Northwestern St. (La.)

51. Minnesota (from MIA) Rocky McIntosh, LB Miami

52. New England Greg Jennings, WR Western Michigan

53. Washington Thomas Howard, LB UTEP

54. Kansas City Mathias Kiwanuka, DE Boston College

55. Cincinnati Joe Klopfenstein, TE Colorado

56. N.Y. Giants Claude Wroten, DT LSU

57. Chicago Dominique Byrd, TE USC

58. Carolina Daniel Bullocks, S Nebraska

59. Tampa Bay Cedric Griffin, CB Texas

60. Jacksonville Brian Calhoun, RB* Wisconisn

61. Denver Orien Harris, DT Miami

62. Indianapolis John McCargo, DT* NC State

63. Seattle Mark Anderson, DE Alabama

64. Pittsburgh Danieal Manning, DB* Abilene Christian

i have a sense that I won't be terribly happy with whoever the Bills pick in the 1st. And whoever they take,...I will just accept it.

BUT....I so badly want them to land either David Joseph or Nick Mangold in the 2nd.

i have a sense that I won't be terribly happy with whoever the Bills pick in the 1st.  And whoever they take,...I will just accept it.

BUT....I so badly want them to land either David Joseph or Nick Mangold in the 2nd.

673198[/snapback]

As little as even I follow this stuff, I know that there's no chance in hell Mangold falls to us in the 2nd.

I agree, it seems like we're two spots short of truly landing a "superstar" player, but if Bunkley is the pick I won't be disappointed.

As little as even I follow this stuff, I know that there's no chance in hell Mangold falls to us in the 2nd.

I agree, it seems like we're two spots short of truly landing a "superstar" player, but if Bunkley is the pick I won't be disappointed.

673204[/snapback]

I think it is more like 8 spots....If Mangold is available the Steelers will take him at 32.

If this mock is perfectly accurate and the Bills draft Bunkley and Cutler AND Leinart go behind the Bills.....I will post an over/under for Mondya May 1st on newbie threads calling for Levy's head and asking WHY DID YOU NOT TRADE DOWN???? at 33 1/2 new threads

Any takers???

If this mock is perfectly accurate and the Bills draft Bunkley and Cutler AND Leinart go behind the Bills.....I will post an over/under for Mondya May 1st on newbie threads calling for Levy's head and asking WHY DID YOU NOT TRADE DOWN???? at 33 1/2 new threads

Any takers???

673222[/snapback]

Count me in. IMO, the downside risk to Marv is that he may be overly cautious about wheeling and dealing. He'll land some quality players, but might not play enough poker to get an extra pick or two.

Marv is going to play this draft very boring, he has already said he doesnt like to move around, he says he wants to establish a draft strategy around his picks and stick with it, sounds pretty old fashioned to me. But hey I am sure if he gets a great deal that he will pull the trigger. I said it before and I will say it again do not be surprised if we trade up in this thing.

First-Round Projections

7. Oakland Ernie Sims, LB* Florida St. :lol:

I've always liked Kiper, whereas many don't, but this pick is crazy. Al Davis is not very likely to pick a LB in the 1st round, especially with the likes of Huff, Leinart & Cutler still available in this mock draft.

Al does deviate from the norm frequently, though. Remember the 1st round selections of Marinovich and Janikowski.

8. Buffalo  Brodrick Bunkley, DT  Florida St.    :D 

42. Buffalo  Davin Joseph, G  Oklahoma  :lol:

673183[/snapback]

I've been working on a mock draft and came to the same conclusions as Mel with our top two picks. The rest of my mock goes as follows:

Round 3A: S Darnell Bing USC

Round 3B: OT Jonathan Scott Texas

Round 4: RB Jerome Harrison Washington State

Round 5A: DE James Wyche Syracuse

Round 5B: LB Clint Ingram OKlahoma

Round 6: S Reed Doughty Northern Colorado

Round 7A: OG Chris Kuper North Dakota

Round 7B: WR Clinton Soloman Iowa

I've been working on a mock draft and came to the same conclusions as Mel with our top two picks. The rest of my mock goes as follows:

Round 3A: S Darnell Bing USC

Round 3B: OT Jonathan Scott Texas

Round 4: RB Jerome Harrison Washington State

Round 5A: DE James Wyche Syracuse

Round 5B: LB Clint Ingram OKlahoma

Round 6: S Reed Doughty Northern Colorado

Round 7A: OG Chris Kuper North Dakota

Round 7B: WR Clinton Soloman Iowa

673241[/snapback]

No way Bing gets out of the 2nd round

Geez, no tackles from Florida State please. How many busts have they produced at the position now? Plus he'll be playing in terrible weather - horrible.

673250[/snapback]

Yeah that last FSU DT that went in the top 10 to a cold weather team (Philly) was a total bust. What was his name again? Oh yeah it was Corey Simon. :lol:

Yeah that last FSU DT that went in the top 10 to a cold weather team (Philly) was a total bust. What was his name again? Oh yeah it was Corey Simon.  :lol:

673251[/snapback]

I'm not against Bunkley because he plays for FSU...they generally do a good job of grinding out solid players, I'm just VERY concerned over the whole one-year wonder thing. I keep getting the sense that he only performed above expectations to nail a good contract and he'll slump right back down once that carrot is pulled away from his face.

I'd give Bunkley a chance, but something just doesn't seem right with him. He's an undersized DT who only had one above average year in college. Those type of players are usually boom or bust, and most of the time they are a bust. I would have selected Huff in this scenerio, but if we go DT, i'd rather have Ngata. I think he will be a solid DT for years.

I'm not against Bunkley because he plays for FSU...they generally do a good job of grinding out solid players, I'm just VERY concerned over the whole one-year wonder thing.  I keep getting the sense that he only performed above expectations to nail a good contract and he'll slump right back down once that carrot is pulled away from his face.

673255[/snapback]

Let's not forget that he tore his MCL in his knee freshman season at FSU. To even play his sophmore season is remarkable, perhaps he didn't full recover until his senior season. Not to mention he wasn't a full time starter until his senior season as he playing behind guys like Darnell Dockett (a 3rd Round pick in 2004) and Travis Johnson (a 1st Round pick last year) at FSU.

I'm not against Bunkley because he plays for FSU...they generally do a good job of grinding out solid players, I'm just VERY concerned over the whole one-year wonder thing.  I keep getting the sense that he only performed above expectations to nail a good contract and he'll slump right back down once that carrot is pulled away from his face.

673255[/snapback]

I could not agree more BGIM....also if the Bills are gonna take Bunkley and Cutler AND Leinart are available....I say the Bills almost MUST trade down....Id rather see the bills take Leinart in that spot then not trade down and take Bunkley....because the Bills can find some quality DT's in the 2nd or 3rd round.