Bills sign OG Tutan Reyes

And what if the other teams with O-Line problems cant fill their needs during the draft?  They'll turn to Reyes, who looks to me like the best available OG left on the market.  And we'd be left without ANY improvements at all.

Best to get him now, I still think the Bills draft a guard in Round Two, even with Reyes on board.

672391[/snapback]

i wouldn't have waited until Monday to sign him....but i would have had the paper work sitting by the fax machine after things unfolded in the 2nd round.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i wouldn't have waited until Monday to sign him....but i would have had the paper work sitting by the fax machine after things unfolded in the 2nd round.

672393[/snapback]

You and 9 other teams. Timing is everything and this signing is perfect timing. It opens up more trade options for us at best and reduces over drafting anyone at worst.

Another smart and classic move by Marv.

Although I'm happy with the signing, I vehemently disagree withe the "Draft Needs Reduced" headline on BB.com.

If Carolina didn't re-sign a 7-year vet because they believe their third round pick of a year ago, Evan Mathis, is ready to assume a starting role at guard, what does that say about Reyes? I still want the Bills to grab one of those 2nd round OG's--Joseph, Lutui or Spencer--on Saturday.

i haven't read the entire thread, but i think this is a poor signing.  why would they sign Reyes now?

why not wait until after Day 1 of the draft just to see how the draft unfolds?

makes no sense to me.

672385[/snapback]

Marv's probably just playing it safe, as Reyes price might've gone up after Saturday if the Bills somehow manage to miss out on any of the quality OG prospects.

Exactly...with signing Reyes, we've crammed half of Bennie's fatness out the doors...we just need Davin Joseph or Lutui to come in and push the rest of him out onto the streets.

It reminds me of that old episode of the Critic where all of the islanders are trying to cram Marlon Brando out of the hut entrance.

672157[/snapback]

Lutui has his own level of fatness. This guys belly & man boobs finished the 40 yard dash 1 second earlier than the rest of him. I'd still love to see him in the 2nd round when we pick.

In other words, they have someone better (they believe) waiting in the wings, thats why he wasn't resigned

672254[/snapback]

There are also cap advantages for them if they think the other guy is ready to play. Carolina saves $$ this way.

Except he is already in the depth chart and listed as third string behind Preston.  I could see if he wasn;t even there, but to have it listed as "3rd String" means something. 

On this one, I will say they have him listed as 3rd String for the following reasons:

1. He was just signed

2. He has yet to participate in any of the offseason stuff. So while they know he will at least be good depth, where else are you going to put him? Just my thought.

And BTW, Anderson may not be a probowler but he is a lot better then folks here give him credit for.

672331[/snapback]

If Benny comes in significantly lighter than last year, I will be happy.

Marv's probably just playing it safe, as Reyes price might've gone up after Saturday if the Bills somehow manage to miss out on any of the quality OG prospects.

672408[/snapback]

no, now is a great time if u can get him. No reyes, you don't know if u can sign him...therefore more need to draft OL. Now, there is less of an urgency for them to focus as much on OL.

I am thinking they go safety with #2

I don't think I was referring to you or anyone who didn't attack me first just because I called Reyes good depth.

672348[/snapback]

And while there were mixed reactions to your opinion, I don't think I saw anyone call you an idiot.

For the record: Stadium Wall - Terms of Service

"Courtesy is contagious - Just become someone doesn't share your opinion - doesn't make them an idiot. It is ok to cheer for other players or to wear the jersey number of your choice. "

Thank you, and have a nice day.

worked late 2night and just turned on the computer and saw that we got this done...wow! this is a nice way to start draft weekend....so i guess we go dt 1st pick???????????..everything i read said we would wait till after the draft to sign tutan reyes...i am glad that we did this before the draft...the last thing we would need is a price war with all the other teams that didnt get what they wanted out of the draft..............go bills on draft weekend and go bills in"06

Guest BackInDaDay

Food for thought...

I'm getting a feeling that the Bills are trying to get better athletes on the O-line to employ more zone-blocking schemes. Jauron needs players who can recognize their assignments and have the agility to square-up and make the block. Using this scheme with 3-WR formations, slightly wider interior line gaps, and stretch hand-offs will hopefully give McGahee cutback lanes. This is a much better running game for McGahee, who can now take it wide if the corner's sealed, or cut it upfield. It also explains the aquisition of Royal, a big blocking TE who has experience running Gibb's counters and stretches.

There's a lot of potential here, and it's still very early.