the most tragic first name i've come across

i'll respond to a number of posts here.

craphonso - not as bad, because although incompetent, it bespeaks an attempt by his parents to give him a creative variation on alphonso.

fagg - that's a last name, not a first name, and is therefore immutable. it doesn't count.

harry colon - latinos always pronounce it 'ca-lone', which is how i'm guessing he pronounced it. anyway, a hairy colon makes no sense - it's not as if his name was harry anis or harry kroch.

jaworski pollock - i've never understand prejudice against poles -- it's a great civilization although they've been horribly treated by the germans and the russians over the centuries. the fact that people think poles are thick speaks to their own thickness. poles are heavily represented among the great intellectuals, novelists, and artists of the past couple of centuries. anyway, jaworski is a perfectly fine name.

he hate me - if he did take on that name, it's his choice and therefore not tragic.

which brings us back to frostee. that's the freakin' wendy's version of the mass produced shake. i'm sorry, but i can't see anything worse except maybe slurpee, and i haven't come across that name yet.

i'll respond to a number of posts here.

craphonso - not as bad, because although incompetent, it bespeaks an attempt by his parents to give him a creative variation on alphonso.

fagg - that's a last name, not a first name, and is therefore immutable. it doesn't count.

harry colon - latinos always pronounce it 'ca-lone', which is how i'm guessing he pronounced it. anyway, a hairy colon makes no sense - it's not as if his name was harry anis or harry kroch. 

jaworski pollock - i've never understand prejudice against poles -- it's a great civilization although they've been horribly treated by the germans and the russians over the centuries. the fact that people think poles are thick speaks to their own thickness.  poles are heavily represented among the great intellectuals, novelists, and artists of the past couple of centuries. anyway, jaworski is a perfectly fine name. 

he hate me - if he did take on that name, it's his choice and therefore not tragic.

which brings us back to frostee. that's the freakin' wendy's version of the mass produced shake. i'm sorry, but i can't see anything worse except maybe slurpee, and i haven't come across that name yet.

672449[/snapback]

You're like the Mel Kiper of bad names. :blink:

It’s his real first name, folks. And I thought Kiwaukee (wtf?) Thomas was bad.

12. Frostee Rucker, Southern Cal (6-3¼, 267, 4.95)

Rucker worked out at the Combine. He ran his 40s in 4.97 and 4.93 and recorded a 29½-inch vertical jump, a 9-foot-2 long jump, a 4.29 short shuttle, a 7.23 three-cone drill and 19 bench presses. He ran better on April 2 at the USC Pro Day (4.77 and 4.81). He started school at Colorado State and was redshirted, with the plan for him to play outside linebacker. He transferred to USC and did not play in 2002. He started five games in 2003. He then started 25 games in 2004 and 2005. He has some pass-rush ability; he has a quick burst. He has good, not great, athletic ability. He had 14 sacks the past two years, but he needs to get stronger. He has started at a top program for two years.

672066[/snapback]

Anyone remember the murder of Richard Long? That happened about 1977 in North Buffalo right by school 66.

Let us not forget Harry Colon (Detroit Lions?).

There was a game where KC's Reggie Tongue "put a lick on" Harry Colon...   honestly.

672112[/snapback]

That was honestly one of the greatest things I've read in all my years coming to this board.

I nearly choked on my sandwich.