Would anyone be very disappointed ifthe pick at #8

zevo

was Broderick Bunkley? If was looking at the interactive draft that ESPN is currently doing on their webste wth PAsquarelli and Clayton, their pck foruswas Bunkley. I felt disappointed whenI saw that. I justdont think he is worth the #8. Any thoughts?

I think Ngata is the better choice at 8. Bunckley may be there if we trade down no further than 15 and is worth taking after Ngata. I'd think we did not make the best choice if we took Bunckley over Ngata, but not as bad as not taking any defensive lineman with our first pick. On the other hand, if we are willing to write off next season (foolish in my opinion) we might go for the best player available (Young, Lienart, M Huff or Hawk)

My current smiley rankings of satisfaction with the Bills 1st round pick:

:huh:

A.J. Hawk

Mario Williams

D'Brickashaw Ferguson

Vernon Davis

Michael Huff

Brodrick Bunkley

Haloti Ngata

Winston Justice

B-)

Vince Young

Matt Leinart

:P

Ernie Sims

Jay Cutler

Kamerion Wimbley

Chad Jackson

Santonio Holmes

Chad Greenway

DeAngelo Williams

Jimmy Williams

:fyou

Eric Winston

I think Ngata is the better choice at 8.  Bunckley may be there if we trade down no further than 15 and is worth taking after Ngata.  I'd think we did not make the best choice if we took Bunckley over Ngata, but not as bad as not taking any defensive lineman with our first pick. On the other hand, if we are willing to write off next season (foolish in my opinion) we might go for the best player available (Young, Lienart, M Huff or Hawk)

672006[/snapback]

I don't see Bunkley slipping to 15 or lower, as the Cardinals, Rams, Browns, and Ravens (picks 10-13) all have interest in a DT and all, even the 3-4 Brownies, have shown interest in Bunkley.

Now, if there was any way to trade down w/ one of those 4 teams and still pick up a 2nd, I'd be all for it.

A.J. Hawk 

Mario Williams 

D'Brickashaw Ferguson 

Vernon Davis

Michael Huff 

Brodrick Bunkley

Haloti Ngata

Winston Justice 

B-)

Vince Young

Matt Leinart 

:lol:

Ernie Sims 

Jay Cutler 

Kamerion Wimbley

Chad Jackson 

Santonio Holmes 

Chad Greenway 

DeAngelo Williams 

Jimmy Williams 

Eric Winston

672018[/snapback]

Very clever!! :huh::huh:

was Broderick Bunkley? If was looking at the interactive draft that ESPN is currently doing on their webste wth PAsquarelli and Clayton, their pck foruswas Bunkley. I felt disappointed whenI saw that. I justdont think he is worth the #8. Any thoughts?

672001[/snapback]

I wouldn't freak out, as I think Bunkley will be okay, but I would be dissapointed since I think there are better options with the 8th pick.

672001[/snapback]

my hunch when all is said and done is that ngata will be the better pro, and there's really no bust potential with the guy (barring serious injury) -- he's too big for that and at worst he'll at least be a competent run stuffer. he also has the potential to improve a lot, and seems to be a solid person. even though he'll probably be at least decent, there is bust potential with bunkley, i think. also once those smaller, quick DTs lose the tiniest step, they're pretty worthless. on the other hand, the fat guys just keep on producing.

A.J. Hawk 

Mario Williams Mario Williams deserves a  :lol:  :P  B-) , and if there was an icon for creaming my pants, he'd deserve that one too. I would like Bunkley too, but I really believe that

a. Bunkley will be there at 12

And

b. We can find a willing dance partner in St. Louis, who will want either Huff to replace Archuleta or Cutler to mold into their next stud quarterback.

D'Brickashaw Ferguson 

Vernon Davis 

Michael Huff 

Brodrick Bunkley

Haloti Ngata

Winston Justice 

Vince Young

Matt Leinart 

:lol:

Ernie Sims 

Jay Cutler 

Kamerion Wimbley

Chad Jackson 

Santonio Holmes 

Chad Greenway 

DeAngelo Williams 

Jimmy Williams 

Eric Winston

672018[/snapback]

Bunkley does not represent good value at #8, IMO.

I would rather take someone like Huff, Davis, Ngata if we can not trade down out of the 8 spot.

So, yes, I would be disappointed with Bunkley at #8, but would be OK with him at #12 or so...

my hunch when all is said and done is that ngata will be the better pro, and there's really no bust potential with the guy (barring serious injury) -- he's too big for that and at worst he'll at least be a competent run stuffer. he also has the potential to improve a lot, and seems to be a solid person.  even though he'll probably be at least decent, there is bust potential with bunkley, i think. also once those smaller, quick DTs lose the tiniest step, they're pretty worthless. on the other hand, the fat guys just keep on producing.

672037[/snapback]

The risk with Ngata is that his lack of dedication will result in uncontrolled weight gain and loss of his quickness and stamina.

Big fat guys don;t necessarily become good football players.

Once overpaid, they could become big fat lazy guys.

The risk with Ngata is that his lack of dedication will result in uncontrolled weight gain and loss of his quickness and stamina.

Big fat guys don;t necessarily become good football players.

Once overpaid, they could become big fat lazy guys.

672083[/snapback]

How about guys who only looked good one single season of college football and it happened to be their senior season? Wouldnt that indicate they COULD be playing for the contract and return to their lazy, unproductive status once they get the millions?

Bunkley does not represent good value at #8, IMO.

672048[/snapback]

I know many have claimed Bunkley might not be worth the 8th overall pick in part because he had only 1 good season but that 1 good season appears to be better than most of the 1st DTs final seasons in college taken off the board in some recent drafts.

As last year Bunkley had 66 tackles, 25 tackles for loss and 9 sacks compare that to:

2005 16th overall: Travis Johnson 50 tackles, 18 tackles for loss and 2.5 sacks.

2004 14th overall: Tommie Harris 37 tackles 10 tackles for loss and 5 sacks.

2003 4th overall: Dewayne Robertson 48 tackles, 8 1/2 tackles for loss and 5 sacks.

2002 6th overall: Ryan Sims 43 tackles, 7 1/2 tackles for loss and 5 sacks.

A.J. Hawk 

Mario Williams 

D'Brickashaw Ferguson 

Vernon Davis

Michael Huff 

Brodrick Bunkley

Haloti Ngata

Winston Justice 

B-)

Vince Young

Matt Leinart 

Ernie Sims 

Jay Cutler 

Kamerion Wimbley

Chad Jackson 

Santonio Holmes 

Chad Greenway 

DeAngelo Williams 

Jimmy Williams 

Eric Winston

672018[/snapback]

You wouldn't take Leinart if he was there at 8? He would be very tempting... also he would be very good trade bait at #8...

How about guys who only looked good one single season of college football and it happened to be their senior season?  Wouldnt that indicate they COULD be playing for the contract and return to their lazy, unproductive status once they get the millions?

672085[/snapback]

that's why HUff is the pick

if we draft bunkley it better be at like #12 with a added 2nd rounder........i dont think we should draft bunkley anyways.......i'd rather have a guy like ngata that plays in the cold...i am getting tired of all these miami players getting drafted here.......i wanna see more players from penn state and syracuse get drafted for the bills..............