*EDIT* WITH THE DRAFT 13 HOURS AWAY......

sven233

OK, I'll take a shot.

1. Jets, they trade their #4, #29 picks and their 2nd rder (#35) for RB Reggie Bush.

2. Oakland, they trade their #7 pick and their 2nd rder (#38) and WR Jerry Porter for QB Matt Leinart.

3. Tennessee picks QB Vince Young.

4. Houston picks DE Mario Williams.

5. Green Bay picks OT D'Brickashaw Ferguson.

6. Arizona, they trade their #10 pick and their 3rd rder (#72) and next year's 4th rder for QB Jay Cutler.

7. New Orleans picks LB A.J. Hawk.

8. Buffalo picks TE Vernon Davis.

9. Detroit picks S Michael Huff.

10. San Fran picks WR Chad Jackson.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. HOUSTON - BUSH

2. NYJ(from NO) - LEINART

3. TENNESSEE - V. YOUNG

4. NO(from NYJ) - HAWK

5. GREEN BAY - M. WILLIAMS

6. SAN FRAN - V. DAVIS

7. OAKLAND - HUFF

8. BUFFALO - D'BRICK

9. DETROIT - J. WILLIAMS

10. ARIZONA - CUTLER

I think if you look at logic, we will be taking Michael Huff in the 1st round. lets look at our secondary. We no longer have Milloy, Vincent is what 34/35 now, Nate Clements is beetchin, Kevin Thomas was released. SO essentially, what do we have, we have McGee, Bowen, and Greer. Michael Huff will be a Bill.

I think if you look at logic, we will be taking Michael Huff in the 1st round.  lets look at our secondary.  We no longer have Milloy, Vincent is what 34/35 now, Nate Clements is beetchin, Kevin Thomas was released.  SO essentially, what do we have, we have McGee, Bowen, and Greer.  Michael Huff will be a Bill.

669685[/snapback]

You can make the same case for any number of positions. The Bills have lots of holes...

I think if you look at logic, we will be taking Michael Huff in the 1st round.  lets look at our secondary.  We no longer have Milloy, Vincent is what 34/35 now, Nate Clements is beetchin, Kevin Thomas was released.  SO essentially, what do we have, we have McGee, Bowen, and Greer.  Michael Huff will be a Bill.

669685[/snapback]

To go a step futrther, if you look at POOR logic, we are taking Michael Huff in the first round.

The Bills have a recent history of taking small, non-physical players with their early selections. The lines are so weak that these players contribute little, and we continue to lose football games.

Michael Huff will be a Bill. I wish I was kidding.

1. HOUSTON - Haloti Ngata

Ngata is clearly the best pick in the draft and the Texans know it. He'll take them to the Super Bowl.

2. NEW ORLEANS - Jimmy Williams

They meant "Mario Williams", but whoever was supposed to write the name on the card was drunk.

3. TENNESSEE - Jay Cutler

Young gun who is very erratic. He should fit in well w/ Norm Chow's offense, as it is usually manned by an undisciplined gunslinger.

4. NYJ - Winston Justice

They wanted D'Brickashaw Ferguson, but fell in love w/ Justice's workout numbers. Plus, he has shown he fits the New York mentality.

5. GREEN BAY - Vince Young

They finally say, "Screw you, Brett! You're outta here!" W/ Jay Cutler gone and Matt Leinart under investigation for his family living in a crack house, Young is the best QB available.

6. SAN FRAN - Leonard Pope

The Niners don't believe the hype surrounding Vernon Davis. Pope, they say, is a much better fit for them. John York is Executive of the Year.

7. OAKLAND - Santonio Holmes

Al Davis shows again that offense wins championships by getting the best WR in a year chock full of 'em.

8. BUFFALO - Sinorice Moss

W/ pressing needs up front, the Bills make the obvious choice: a small, speedy wideout. Levy finishes second in the GM of the Year voting.

9. DETROIT - Michael Huff

Matt Millen is kidnapped, and the Lions make a selection that actually makes sense for their organization.

10. ARIZONA - Mario Williams

The Cardinals go defense and nab the best defender in the draft. When asked why, it was, "because we weren't smoking what those other 9 idiots were."

To go a step futrther, if you look at POOR logic, we are taking Michael Huff in the first round.

The Bills have a recent history of taking small, non-physical players with their early selections. The lines are so weak that these players contribute little, and we continue to lose football games.

Michael Huff will be a Bill. I wish I was kidding.

669692[/snapback]

Safety is a big need position, and when you can get one of the consensus best players at that position, why not take it? Theres not too much of a drop off in line talent, and i dont think any lineman on either side available with be worth the #8 pick. Remember there are 6 other rounds in the draft.

Just a hypothetical...would you be pissed if we took huff at 8, then ended up with Spencer/Lutui, Mccargo, and Colledge/Trueblood in rounds 2 and 3?

1. HOUSTON - BUSH

2. NO - M. WILLIAMS

3. TENNESSEE - YOUNG

4. NJYJ - D'BRICK

5. GREEN BAY - NGATA

6. SAN FRAN - HAWK

7. OAKLAND - HUFF

8. BUFFALO - DAVIS

9. DETROIT - CUTLER

10. ARIZONA - BUNKELY

Safety is a big need position, and when you can get one of the consensus best players at that position, why not take it? Theres not too much of a drop off in line talent, and i dont think any lineman on either side available with be worth the #8 pick. Remember there are 6 other rounds in the draft.

Just a hypothetical...would you be pissed if we took huff at 8, then ended up with Spencer/Lutui, Mccargo, and Colledge/Trueblood in rounds 2 and 3?

669856[/snapback]

I see your point, but exactly how much cap space are you willing to allocate to the secondary?

MaGee re-signed for a hefty sum. Clements makes close to 8 million, and will get more in 07 should he remain. Given this, no, I am not comfortable paying #8 money to a db.

We gave Evans #13 money, and paid a ton to JP, as well as squandering draft picks for him. If Willis has any running room, he too will get a hefty raise. Parrish and Everett contnue to draw checks for zero production. Year after year we waste our best resources on small, non-physical players. It hasn't worked, nor will it ever.

If we don't grab a lineman, I hope they take one of the linebackers out there.

I see your point, but exactly how much cap space are you willing to allocate to the secondary?

MaGee re-signed for a hefty sum. Clements makes close to 8 million, and will get more in 07 should he remain. Given this, no, I am not comfortable paying #8 money to a db.

We gave Evans #13 money, and paid a ton to JP, as well as squandering draft picks for him. If Willis has any running room, he too will get a hefty raise. Parrish and Everett contnue to draw checks for zero production. Year after year we waste our best resources on small, non-physical players. It hasn't worked, nor will it ever.

If we don't grab a lineman, I hope they take one of the linebackers out there.

669884[/snapback]

And i understand yours as well. But we really arent allocating a ton of money to the positions you say we are. High First round picks are really the only picks that demand a whole lot of money. And remember, slotting AND POSITION determine what salary is paid out to the draft picks. A #5 picked QB will get a ton more than a #5 player of a different position. Heres roy williams salaries, and he got about 7-8 mil in guarantees. So figure we'd hand out about 9-10 mil in guarantees for our saferty for the next 12 years.

Roy williams (Dallas SS)

2002 1000000.00

2003 366667.00

2004 616667.00

2005 866667.00

2006 1116667.00

2007 1366667.00

2008 1616665.00

Also, the offensive players you mention arent taking up as much room as you say they are. I know willis will get a big deal if he performs, but the others you mention are making peauts. The arent exactly taking up resources. Plus, re-signing clements smartly (giving him a big cap hit this season because we have the space) would help us out as well.

Lee Evans

2004 230000.00

2005 311250.00

2006 542500.00

2007 773750.00

2008 1005000.00

2009 1236250.00

JP Losman

2004 230000.00

2005 305000.00

2006 425000.00

2007 550000.00

2008 650000.00

Roscoe Parrish

2005 230000.00

2006 350000.00

2007 385000.00

2008 460000.00

Kevin Everett

2005 230000.00

2006 350000.00

2007 385000.00

2008 460000.00

And i understand yours as well. But we really arent allocating a ton of money to the positions you say we are. High First round picks are really the only picks that demand a whole lot of money. And remember, slotting AND POSITION determine what salary is paid out to the draft picks. A #5 picked QB will get a ton more than a #5 player of a different position. Heres roy williams salaries, and he got about 7-8 mil in guarantees. So figure we'd hand out about 9-10 mil in guarantees for our saferty for the next 12 years.

Roy williams (Dallas SS)

2002  1000000.00

2003  366667.00

2004  616667.00

2005  866667.00

2006  1116667.00

2007  1366667.00

2008  1616665.00

Also, the offensive players you mention arent taking up as much room as you say they are. I know willis will get a big deal if he performs, but the others you mention are making peauts. The arent exactly taking up resources. Plus, re-signing clements smartly (giving him a big cap hit this season because we have the space) would help us out as well.

Lee Evans

2004  230000.00

2005  311250.00

2006  542500.00

2007  773750.00

2008  1005000.00

2009  1236250.00

JP Losman

2004  230000.00

2005  305000.00

2006  425000.00

2007  550000.00

2008  650000.00

Roscoe Parrish

2005  230000.00

2006  350000.00

2007  385000.00

2008  460000.00

Kevin Everett

2005  230000.00

2006  350000.00

2007  385000.00

2008  460000.00

669899[/snapback]

You state your case very well, although a few factors are missing imo.

If we only take "little guys" with our early picks (a trend that is hard to deny), when DO we get good linemen, the guys who win games?

Did the Bills drastically need an OC and a LG? Yes.

Did they have the cap space to go after Hutch and/or Bentley? Yes.

Did they? No.

Did we even expect them to? Of course not, because RW will not spend (or doesn't have) the money it takes to bring them inas UFAs.

The Steelers are an example of a team that has a not so rich owner and plays in the cold. They draft linemen often and early, and win. We continue to do the opposite, and lose. Imo, it is staring us right in the face.

Honestly, I think that you are right in the sense that Levy, who always loved to draft DBs, will not stop this alarming trend. Sadly, we will continue to lose unless our management changes their philosophy.

Well...here was My Top 10 as of a few days ago for what it's worth...

1)Houston Reggie Bush HB

2)New Orleans Mario Williams DE

3)Tennessee Vince Young QB

4)New York Jets D’Brickashaw Ferguson OT

5)Green Bay AJ Hawk LB

6)San Francisco Vernon Davis TE

7)Oakland Matt Leinart QB

8)Arizona (from Buffalo) Michael Huff S/CB

9)Detroit Jay Cutler QB

10)Buffalo (from Arizona) Haloti Ngata DT

The Bills get #72 Overall from Arizona to Trade Down 2 spots... :)

Here is the draft up to the #8 spot.

1. Bush

2. Williams

3. Leinart

4. Brick

5. Davis, they need a target for Brett to come back to, Bubba aint cuttin it.

6. Huff

7. Young

8. Hawk, yup he slips and Marv pounces. He better. Pounce Marv, I said pounce!

You state your case very well, although a few factors are missing imo.

If we only take "little guys" with our early picks (a trend that is hard to deny), when DO we get good linemen, the guys who win games?

Did the Bills drastically need an OC and a LG? Yes.

Did they have the cap space to go after Hutch and/or Bentley? Yes.

Did they? No.

Did we even expect them to? Of course not, because RW will not spend (or doesn't have) the money it takes to bring them inas UFAs.

The Steelers are an example of a team that has a not so rich owner and plays in the cold. They draft linemen often and early, and win. We continue to do the opposite, and lose. Imo, it is staring us right in the face.

Honestly, I think that you are right in the sense that Levy, who always loved to draft DBs, will not stop this alarming trend. Sadly, we will continue to lose unless our management changes their philosophy.

669948[/snapback]

I'm not advocating only little guys with early picks. I'm saying at 8, we have to get an impact player, and cant focus on needs too much when the value isnt there. OC isnt a pressing need, we signed fowler. Yes we do need a LG, and i can see picking up a G in the 2nd round. I know we need D-line help and i'n not saying taking bunkley or ngata would be bad. I think using the #8 on a higher impact player such as huff or davis would be worth much more.

As for hutch and bentley, it was obvious bentley was going to cleveland, his hometown, and its foolish to think otherwise. He signed a big dollar deal hours into free agency. If he was about money, he would have played offers against one another. And with hutch, seattle was going to match any offer given to him. The onyl reason they couldnt was because of the poison pill. I dont think for a second they would have hesitated matching the offer sheet he signed with minny.

As for hutch and bentley, it was obvious bentley was going to cleveland, his hometown, and its foolish to think otherwise. He signed a big dollar deal hours into free agency. If he was about money, he would have played offers against one another. And with hutch, seattle was going to match any offer given to him. The onyl reason they couldnt was because of the poison pill. I dont think for a second they would have hesitated matching the offer sheet he signed with minny.

670042[/snapback]

Sure, and we are talking about an OG and a OC. If Levi Jones is a UFA in 07, do you expect the Bills to make a run at him? Or Steinbach, who they should have drafted to begin with? Of course you do not, because you know your football and the Bills! Look at what the 49ers paid for Jennings. The proof is there that the way things stand, the Bills will not have a dominant OL for years, if ever. We HAVE to draft these guys, or we will never have them. Teams will not trade them to us, and we just will not sign them as ufas. Sheesh! :);)

We don't draft enough of them (other than jokes such as Sobieski, Pucillo, or Fat, injured RTs), and are unwilling/able to sign the oh so few top ufas that become available.

I respectfully remind you that our beloved Bills are losing. Evans makes a catch now and then when a qb who is standing upright can get him the ball. MaGahee had a good year in 04, but we had to wait about 21 games for any results. Parrish may have ventured out of his apartment after the snow, and Everett might be out of the hospital (I'm not sure). I cannot call JP a stammering, hair-flopping, high fiving, inaccurate waste, because he got a haircut.

No, I don't want a safety with the #8.

Btw, thanks for the great football discussion. I respect your views and the way that you present them. :w00t:

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1.    HOUSTON          -          BUSH

2.    NYJ(from NO)    -          LEINART

3.    TENNESSEE        -          V. YOUNG

4.    NO(from NYJ)    -          HAWK

5.    GREEN BAY        -          M. WILLIAMS

6.    SAN FRAN          -          V. DAVIS

7.    OAKLAND          -          HUFF

8.    BUFFALO          -          D'BRICK

9.    DETROIT          -          J. WILLIAMS

10.  ARIZONA          -          CUTLER

669271[/snapback]

I like it!

Come on guys.....just 3 days to go now! Keep the guesses coming! I like the creativity of you guys. Just goes to show you that although it seemed this draft was going to be pretty set early on, with the moves that New Orleans made, it is not as set as it one was.

As for the Bills, I think a lot depends on 3 teams that are ahead of them.......New Orleans, Tenessee, and the NYJ. As you all know, I really want DA BRICK on this football team this year, but I only see 1 way that happens. And that is this.....

New orleans takes Super Mario. Tenessee takes Vince Young, and the Jets take Leinart. I don't think the Jets want anyhting to do with Young, but they really want Leinart. If he is there, I think they take him. If this happens, I could see DA BRICK there at 8.....still unlikely though as a team woulod probably trade up to get him. He is just too good not to be a top 7 guy.

Oh well, guess we will see. I just can't wait until Saturday!!!!

Might be nuts but why the hell not:

1. Houston- Reggie Bush

2. Tennessee (from NO)- Matt Leinart

3. Oakland (from NO via Tenn)- Vince Young

4. NY Jets Mario Williams

5. Green Bay- AJ Hawk

6. San Francisco- Vernon Davis

7. New Orleans (from Oakland) D'Brickshaw Ferguson

8. Buffalo- Winston Justice

9. Detroit- Michael Huff

10. Arizona- Jay Cutler

Is this the first mock with a 'via' involved???? w00t.gif