for those that care....

It matters to me....

I think we could have greatly benefited by getting Denvers 2 first rounders.....

665504[/snapback]

There's no way we would get two first rounders for the 8th pick. Not unless it involved a player as well or our 2nd round pick.

I think you would need the 2nd or 3rd pick in the draft to get those picks from Denver. Trading with Houston would cost Denver more than 2 firsts since Reggie Bush is involved in that pick.

There's no way we would get two first rounders for the 8th pick. Not unless it involved a player as well or our 2nd round pick.

I think you would need the 2nd or 3rd pick in the draft to get those picks from Denver.  Trading with Houston would cost Denver more than 2 firsts since Reggie Bush is involved in that pick.

665516[/snapback]

1830 for a 1400 on the draft value board- we would have to throw in a second unless there was a player Denver really, really wanted at 8

This is where I think we'll be a little frustrated with Marv, cause I would imagine he'll be more like Butler than he will TD. Wasn't Butler on record as saying something about how he never saw any point in trading around draft picks or whatever? Aside from trading for RJ, did he ever use our picks to try and maneuver into a different position? I'm not NECESSARILY saying this is a bad thing, it's just that so many of us agree that it might be worthwhile to trade out of our spot for more picks that I think we're going to end up disappointed. If Marv can do something like what TD did in '01, that would be wonderful.....I just don't think that's Marv's style.

Broncos | Two draft picks acquired from 49ers

Wed, 19 Apr 2006 09:39:07 -0700

The Denver Broncos have announced the team has acquired a second-round pick (No. 37 overall) and a third-round pick (No. 68) in the 2006 NFL Draft from the San Francisco 49ers. In exchange for the picks, Denver sends San Francisco one of their two first-round picks (No. 22 overall).

Are they looking to trade up by packaging their picks?

Are they looking to trade up by packaging their picks?

665617[/snapback]

I don't think so. I just think the 49ers wnat to acquire some good picks in the first round. Maybe Lendale White is the guy that they want at the 22nd spot.

The Broncos only have one 1st round pick now, so they won't be looking to move up.

In the other post of the same topic, someone pointed out that the broncos might not have the cap space for 2 1st's so they shopped it for a couple cheaper picks in the lower rounds

665680[/snapback]

It boils down to the number of points involved. If the Broncos are interested in our 8th pick(1400 point value) then the two firsts that they had were too much(1,050+780), however, the 15th and the 37th pick are worth a combined 1,580 points. If D'Brickashaw and Mario Williams are off the board, I would love to see us swap these pick with the Broncos.

On the contrary, I think the Broncos are stockpiling picks in a very deep, talent rich draft. They are taking the ol' Jimmy Johnson approach to the draft...and all the power to them! They now own 7 picks in the first 4 rounds - pick #s 15, 37, 61, 68, 119, 126, and 130. They should be able to built one hell of a solid core with those selections!

Compare their strategy to the Washington Deadskins - they only have ONE PICK in the first four rounds of this draft - pick #53.

Two totally different strategies - love what the Broncos have done so far - and the draft hasn't even started yet!