No shutouts ALL YEAR. Then, the last two

Really a terrific performance for the boys.  Had nothing to play for, while Carolina was playing for home ice throughout the Eastern Conference playoffs.  You'd never have guessed it by the way the game was played.  We dominated.

665011[/snapback]

Could not agreee more.....110 points and yet the Sabres go into the playoffs almost as an afterthought...I like the position they are in now....

No matter what happens....man what a season...since I have been a fan (82-83) NO regular season has come CLOSE to this one...

Lindy for Jack Adams!!!

Hate to say it, but being a Buffalo fan can't help it

Biron is to RJ what Miller is to Flutie in last game of year

Lordy, was Marty freakin awesome tonight

665031[/snapback]

except for one thing... miller is the starting goalie and everyone knows it.

Hate to say it, but being a Buffalo fan can't help it

Biron is to RJ what Miller is to Flutie in last game of year

Lordy, was Marty freakin awesome tonight

665031[/snapback]

Not even close to correct.

Ryan is the number 1. Everyone (with the possible exception of Marty's mother) knows it and accepts it.

It's not a bad thing though, to have a backup that shutout the 3rd highest scoring team in the league.

Is it Saturday yet? Bring on the Cryers!

Not even close to correct.

Ryan is the number 1.  Everyone (with the possible exception of Marty's mother) knows it and accepts it.

It's not a bad thing though, to have a backup that shutout the 3rd highest scoring team in the league.

Is it Saturday yet?  Bring on the Cryers!

665046[/snapback]

Fellas, just a little levity

(trying so hard not to get my hopes up...)

665028[/snapback]

Man I hear that. Cautiously optimistic. That's a good way to put it. We could have won every damn game played this year, I'd still feel this way. It's the curse.

Edit: That said, I _really_ feel like there's a chance this time, I've got visions of the cup... must...block out....until..... must block out...

Man I hear that.  Cautiously optimistic. That's a good way to put it.  We could have won every damn game played this year, I'd still feel this way.  It's the curse.

Edit: That said, I _really_ feel like there's a chance this time, I've got visions of the cup... must...block out....until..... must block out...

665216[/snapback]

What's absurd is they have 110 points and are FOURTH in the East.

Unbelievable. If you'd have told me that they'd have 110 points at the end of the year, I'd have considered them the #1 seed in the East.

All of those sh------- losses a month ago could end up costing them bigtime.

What's absurd is they have 110 points and are FOURTH in the East.

Unbelievable. If you'd have told me that they'd have 110 points at the end of the year, I'd have considered them the #1 seed in the East.

All of those sh------- losses a month ago could end up costing them bigtime.

665220[/snapback]

Not really. First of all, the Sabres had more road wins than anyone in the conference. Secondly, I believe it has been shown through the years that home ice means much less in the playoffs than people imagine. It's all about the matchups.