Tutan Reyes

Solitary

They signed a huge FA moneywise last year in Mark Wahle and drafted a guy they like in the third round Evan Mathis or something that they envisioned replacing Reyes who they knew was going to look for greener pastures. It happened with them a couple years ago with Jeno James who ended up signing a good contract but sucking with the Dolphins so they prepared for it.

659487[/snapback]

The poster asked a good question. Thanks for giving the exact answer that I wanted to hear. :D

Hey, the kid is from Queens? Sign him!!!

Btw, after the Hutch deal, the price of OGs is undoubtably much higher. If this kid is good, this should not be a factor because the Bills have the cap space and their need for OGs is huge.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The poster asked a good question. Thanks for giving the exact answer that I wanted to hear.  :o

Hey, the kid is from Queens? Sign him!!!

Btw, after the Hutch deal, the price of OGs is undoubtably much higher. If this kid is good, this should not be a factor because the Bills have the cap space and their need for OGs is huge.

659738[/snapback]

Hey Bill... How are you doing?

I felt like I ws talking to myself all night :) ... Get some nice rest?

;):D:P:P;);)

:D

For the record, aside from Wahle, last year's FA guard crop was horrible.  The guy the Bills really wanted - DeMulling - was paid a lot more than Bennie by the Lions, and almost lost his starting job several times during the season.

659747[/snapback]

That may explain why the Lions are interested in Tutan too.

The strange thing about Bennie Anderson is that he was only a year or so removed from blocking for Jamal Lewis' 2,000-yard season, when we brought him in. I have to confess that I thought he was a good acquisition at the time -- so I can't be hypocritical by blaming TD for a move that I agreed with then. The question is: Why exactly did he suck so bad when he came here? Was it a poor supporting cast? Poor coaching? (i.e. Is McNally really as good as everyone says?) On a related note, given that Anderson's stength in Baltimore was as a run blocker, maybe he wasn't properly utilized, as MM gave up on the running game too quickly. Poor conditioning? (The write-up by Scouts from 2005 suggested that Anderson was often unmotivated to stay in shape.) Or, did we just get damaged goods that Baltimore was willing to cast aside?

I can't say that I know a hell of a lot about Reyes, but I have seen him at the top, or near the top of a few lists of remaining FA offensive linemen.  I have to ask, WTF?  If the guy is supposed to be decent, and the Bills thought highly enough of him to bring him in for a look, why are they not making him an offer, to consider, instead of letting him go to Detroit?  The Bills now have a significant amount of money to spend on FA's.  All of the top tier guys are gone, are we going to start whiffing on the next level too?  I am starting to think more and more, the Bills intend to get a lot of room under the cap, and stay there....

659664[/snapback]

They may have made him an offer, but he wants to see what else is available first. He wants to see what the Lions will offer and then make a decission after exploring every option instead of jumping on the first one available

This guy sounds like a good Marv guy - a smart, mobile guard that gets to the second level.

This signing would be very good for depth at the G and C positions.

Depth at T is still ery suspect. Winston Justice anyone?

Or maybe they should bring back Teague to be a backup T????

They may have made him an offer, but he wants to see what else is available first. He wants to see what the Lions will offer and then make a decission after exploring every option instead of jumping on the first one available

659905[/snapback]

My point was, other teams seem to be able to get guys to cancel their future trips...

My point was, other teams seem to be able to get guys to cancel their future trips...

660011[/snapback]

Ya thats true also, if they wanted him or offered him anything substantial he would be here by now. Another one bites the dust.

Ya thats true also, if they wanted him or offered him anything substantial he would be here by now. Another one bites the dust.

660030[/snapback]

I've been sayinf it for weeks now...the Bills big offensive line "rebuilding" will revolve around adding Melvin Fowler, and re-signing Trey Teauge...

660030[/snapback]

You don't know that and most of the time that is simply not true. He is the top OL left in free agency. He has only visited one team. The Bills have to guestimate how much he is worth. That figure has to be contemplated by him and his agent and compared to how much they wanted and think they can get. Those numbers are not exact, they are totally arbitrary by both sides. You and I have zero idea what kind of guy Reyes is and what his priorities are.

The Bills don't know what Detroit is thinking and neither does Reyes and his agent. It would be smart of them to feel Detroit out. Maybe the Lions situation is better. Maybe they will offer more than the Bills. Maybe they will promise him a starting job. The Bills could have offered a very good contract and Reyes wants to see what the Lions offer and compare it. At this point in free agency the Bills are NOT going to say here is our offer, you have 24 hours to say yes or no. There are dozens of things that affect the decision making of the player and agent and surely a guy like Tutan Reyes, it's extremely difficult to determine how much to offer him.

You don't know that and most of the time that is simply not true. He is the top OL left in free agency. He has only visited one team. The Bills have to guestimate how much he is worth. That figure has to be contemplated by him and his agent and compared to how much they wanted and think they can get. Those numbers are not exact, they are totally arbitrary by both sides. You and I have zero idea what kind of guy Reyes is and what his priorities are.

The Bills don't know what Detroit is thinking and neither does Reyes and his agent. It would be smart of them to feel Detroit out. Maybe the Lions situation is better. Maybe they will offer more than the Bills. Maybe they will promise him a starting job. The Bills could have offered a very good contract and Reyes wants to see what the Lions offer and compare it. At this point in free agency the Bills are NOT going to say here is our offer, you have 24 hours to say yes or no. There are dozens of things that affect the decision making of the player and agent and surely a guy like Tutan Reyes, it's extremely difficult to determine how much to offer him.

660091[/snapback]

I get your point, but he has already visited Houston, Buffalo, then Detroit. And if you read his bio. he is an intelligent guy. Also he started 16 games last year behind a very good running attack. I wouldnt have let him get on that plane to Detroit. And the point that we dont know what detroit is thinking is more of a reason to make the guy an offer he wouldnt be subject to turn down. Now I am not sure that we didnt make an offer but he obviously liked what he saw, as far as what i read on BB.com

660091[/snapback]

You would think, a month into free agency, and two weeks from the draft, it wouldn't be that difficult to "guestimate" what a fair contract for him would be...it wouldn't seem to me that the figures could be all that arbitrary. It just seems like the Bills have been far too passive in getting what they want...or maybe they don't really know what they want. Do they want to build a winning team, or do they want to save money? Ralph's comments the last few days have me wondering...

I get your point, but he has already visited Houston, Buffalo, then Detroit. And if you read his bio. he is an intelligent guy. Also he started 16 games last year behind a very good running attack. I wouldnt have let him get on that plane to Detroit. And the point that we dont know what detroit is thinking is more of a reason to make the guy an offer he wouldnt be subject to  turn down. Now I am not sure that we didnt make an offer but he obviously liked what he saw, as far as what i read on BB.com

660107[/snapback]

I agree. And I think they should make him a very good offer. My point really was that from the player's point of view, he should get on that plane and go to Detroit, even if it is just to make the Bills up their offer a little. From the Bills point of view, it's very difficult to gauge what is a fair contract, what is a good number, and what is too much to pay for a guy like Reyes. He's not a sure thing but he sure looks good and is better than what they have. I have always wanted this guy as one of the ones the Bills went after. And I am not even against over-paying him a little. He will make us a better team and solve a clear problem, at least until we see he cannot play (if that ever happens). What I am saying is that it's really hard for Levy to come up with a figure for a guy like that which is going to make him not get on that plane to Detroit. And there are variables we don't know about players that don't necessarily allow you to do such a thing.

You were correct. I guess we have to wait and see what Detroit has to say and then make him an offer. I wold also like to have this guy, I think he can fill a definite void. One less thing to worry about and then drafy for some depth.

You were correct.  I guess we have to wait and see what Detroit has to say and then make him an offer. I wold also like to have this guy, I think he can fill a definite void. One less thing to worry about and then drafy for some depth.

660254[/snapback]

I think they could have made him an offer. I would hope they did. What I am saying is I doubt they made him an offer he couldn't refuse. I doubt they made him a take it or leave offer, decide now or never. I still think we have a very good chance to sign him and he really wants to play here. I think they all but offered him a starting position by the way he chose his words. But I just don't think he is the kind of guy you make a don't let him get on that plane offer to this late in free agency.

He will make us a better team and solve a clear problem, at least until we see he cannot play (if that ever happens).

660124[/snapback]

I disagree. He will be a step toward doing so, assuming that he can play.

At this point, the Bills starting OGs both suck, and I see little to no depth. Even if we are lucky enough to sign Reyes, we need to devote at least one early pick to the OG position, and keep our fingers crossed that we have a decent center while doing so.

I disagree. He will be a step toward doing so, assuming that he can play.

At this point, the Bills starting OGs both suck, and I see little to no depth. Even if we are lucky enough to sign Reyes, we need to devote at least one early pick to the OG position, and keep our fingers crossed that we have a decent center while doing so.

660323[/snapback]

It sounds like you're agreeing and yet you still say you disagree. :rolleyes:

If they sign him he will very likely start at LG. I still think they draft an OG high. He will play until he proves that he is either good or bad. Villarial doesn't totally suck. He is a decent player when he is not hurt. He sucked last year but he was hurt the entire season. By solve a problem I meant have an established LG in the LG spot.