Tutan Reyes

Solitary

I disagree. He will be a step toward doing so, assuming that he can play.

At this point, the Bills starting OGs both suck, and I see little to no depth. Even if we are lucky enough to sign Reyes, we need to devote at least one early pick to the OG position, and keep our fingers crossed that we have a decent center while doing so.

660323[/snapback]

[/quot

They absolutely need to take a young OG to develop, we need depth on this line like no other team. Signing Reyes is a great place to start. He has a lot of solid years ahead of him and will make a big difference in that line.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It sounds like you're agreeing and yet you still say you disagree. :D

If they sign him he will very likely start at LG. I still think they draft an OG high. He will play until he proves that he is either good or bad. Villarial doesn't totally suck. He is a decent player when he is not hurt. He sucked last year but he was hurt the entire season. By solve a problem I meant have an established LG in the LG spot.

660324[/snapback]

Gotcha! :rolleyes:

I am just burned out from last April (and of course the last 10 or so Aprils).

Last year, we signed a fat blob and penciled him in at LG. Then at draft time, we drafted Roscoe (Danny DeVito) Parrish, and reserved a hospital bed for Everett; two useless picks.

The Bills have not drafted an OG who can play football since Ruben Brown, and in those days, both you and I were young. :(

My post was simply me hoping that we bring in at least one good interior lineman this month, Reyes or not. :lol:

I think they could have made him an offer. I would hope they did. What I am saying is I doubt they made him an offer he couldn't refuse.

660321[/snapback]

And that's where Marv might ultimately have a leg up on TD.

I can't see Marv ever over-paying, unlike TD who seemed to get tunnel vision on his grand plans and lock in on players to the detriment of the Big Picture. As a coach, Marv may realize that non-superstar players are interchangable to some degree and if Reyes wants to be paid more than he's worth, so be it and move on.

I can't see Marv ever over-paying, unlike TD who seemed to get tunnel vision on his grand plans and lock in on players to the detriment of the Big Picture.  As a coach, Marv may realize that non-superstar players are interchangable to some degree and if Reyes wants to be paid more than he's worth, so be it and move on.

660466[/snapback]

I disagree. Sometimes you have to overpay for a guy and why not? Would you rather have the team end up with 8 million in cap room they could have spent, or 6-7 million in cap room they could have spent and a guy like Reyes who is very likely better than what we have?

I can't see Marv ever over-paying, unlike TD who seemed to get tunnel vision on his grand plans and lock in on players to the detriment of the Big Picture.  As a coach, Marv may realize that non-superstar players are interchangable to some degree and if Reyes wants to be paid more than he's worth, so be it and move on.

660466[/snapback]

I don't think Donohoe really overpaid for players, with the exception of Mike Williams, the #4 pick in the draft. The majority of the FA's TD signed were second tier guys who he was hoping to get a deal on...the fact that none of them ever panned out, is another matter.