Saban Doesn't Think Ricky W. has Drug Problem

Per KFFL, Nick Saban actually said (and with a straight face) that he does not believe that Ricky Williams has a drug problem.

I wonder if Saban does not believe that

1)The Earth is round

2)Iraq has a terrorist problem

3)It snows once in a while in Buffalo

I'd hardly call smoking some grass a drug problem.

Do you think that anybody who drinks beer, takes aspirin, drinks coffee or enjoys wine with dinner also has a "drug" problem?

I have no problem that Ricky smokes pot, nothing wrong with that in my opinion...his choice...

But the way he's constantly letting his teammates and Dolphin fans (both of them) down has got to be damn annoying. Its clear he doesnt want to play football, he's just doing this for the cash...I'd let him go and wash my hands of him. Waaaaaaaay too unreliable.

But the way he's constantly letting his teammates and Dolphin fans down has got to be damn annoying

I'd think that just showing up and going through the motions for the money is what would constitute letting them down.

It's obvious that he'd rather be doing something else than working his ass off and getting the snot knocked out of him for half the year, and I sort of give him credit for still showing up in shape, staying focused, working hard and playing tough football.

He may be a little different, but that in itself doesn't make him a bad guy.

Do you think that anybody who drinks beer, takes aspirin, drinks coffee or enjoys wine with dinner also has a "drug" problem?

656712[/snapback]

If he absolutely had to use weed while knowing the consequences (i.e. losing millions of dallars) then yes, I think he probably does hae a drug problem....And with Saban's comments, maybe RW has a new buddy to smoke with....

I'd agree with him.  Ricky doesn't have a problem at all with drugs.  Actually, he enjoys them quite often.

656706[/snapback]

:lol:

BB: that's like saying Imelda Marcos doesn't have an affinity for footwear! <_<

Do you think that anybody who drinks beer,  or enjoys wine with dinner also has a "drug" problem?

656712[/snapback]

No they have an alcohol problem.

Smoking weed or doing any kind of drugs is fine if thats what your into and can accept the consequences of your actions, but when it affects your job, your life, and others around you, then yes you have a drug problem. Ricky has been suspended a couple times already for drugs, so yes I would say he has a drug problem.

656712[/snapback]

It's a "problem" when the one of the main conditions of your continued employment is passing the pee-pee test, and you can't do it because certain drug(s) keep eating the litmus paper! <_<

No they have an alcohol problem.

Smoking weed or doing any kind of drugs is fine if thats what your into and can accept the consequences of your actions, but when it affects your job, your life, and others around you, then yes you have a drug problem. Ricky has been suspended a couple times already for drugs, so yes I would say he has a drug problem.

656831[/snapback]

I didn't know he was suspended twice.....Could you educate me on when the second time was? I thought it was just once...last year for 4 games.

I didn't know he was suspended twice.....Could you educate me on when the second time was?  I thought it was just once...last year for 4 games.

657156[/snapback]

Suspended once, but this is his 4th failed drug test according to the league. he should and deserves to get suspended for a year.

656712[/snapback]

Yes. If their love of smoking weed causes them to screw up their entire life and lose all their money, then yes they have a drug problem.

Imagine his life with and without weed and try telling me it's not a problem.

I didn't know he was suspended twice.....Could you educate me on when the second time was?  I thought it was just once...last year for 4 games.

657156[/snapback]

Sorry, I thought he was suspended for the first failed drug test, i should have said he has failed many drug tests

Some years ago, The new Dean of Students at my college came to visit our fraternity house.

He asked if there was a drug problem on our campus.

One of my brothers piped up:

"Not a problem at all. You can pretty much get what you want."

Some years ago, The new Dean of Students at my college came to visit our fraternity house.

He asked if there was a drug problem on our campus.

One of my brothers piped up:

"Not a problem at all. You can pretty much get what you want."

657193[/snapback]

I'm reminded of being in college and asked if any of us thought we had a drinking problem.

"Not at all. We drink. We get drunk. We pass out. No problem."

I'm reminded of being in college and asked if any of us thought we had a drinking problem.

"Not at all. We drink. We get drunk. We pass out. No problem."

657194[/snapback]

We had drinking problems in college. How to get to the store to get more beer when everyone is drunk is a very serious drinking problem...