Stinking businessmen ruining the league

Adam

Jerry Jones, Dan Snyder, and Kraft-

Wilson talked about how they don't care about football.

Well, they STOLE the league. Don't be surprised, because thats how they got everything they have. Think they are honest? think again.

Players better have their agents check their contracts if they go to any of those teams. They might be signing all their great stuff away.

We need less people like this, who know loyalty only to the almighty dollar!

Jerry Jones, Dan Snyder, and Kraft-

Wilson talked about how they don't care about football.

Well, they STOLE the league. Don't be surprised, because thats how they got everything they have. Think they are honest? think again.

Players better have their agents check their contracts if they go to any of those teams. They might be signing all their great stuff away.

We need less people like this, who know loyalty only to the almighty dollar!

655977[/snapback]

Who should be running the League, if not businessmen?

Why don't you cry about it. That's just how it is. Money makes the world go round.

656035[/snapback]

Perhaps. Then again, it will also be the ruin of it.

Reading what Ralph had to say really p%ssed me off. With guys like Snyder, Jones and Craft railroading in a new (big market) commish, the NFL will be one step away from the fate of MLB. I can't tell you much about those guys, I don't watch anymore. Haven't in 15 years.

Since money makes the world go round, I suggest the NFL follow MLBs lead and bring back steriods. We can watch while all the player and team records fall. We may even get lucky and see a bunch of guys die on the field. That would be REAL entertainment. Screw the antiquated idea of rooting for your home team. Team loyalty. Player loyalty. That stuff is for pussies. We want ROLLERBALL!

Just think, when this team moves to LA under a new owner, more than likely we'll be one of those big city, high revenue jerk-off clubs the rest of the league hates.

656195[/snapback]

if the bills ever moved to la i would be done being a bills fan

656242[/snapback]

My sentiments exactly. It would also save me the cost of the NFL Season ticket, DTV, annual trips to Buffalo to watch a game in person, and cost of Bills memorabilia, etc. The only thing football offers me these days is the Buffalo Bills. The money, the greed, both owner and player alike, has left me cold.

And Ralph was initially called a doddering old fool for his reaction to the final vote on the new CBA.....

Tagliabue doesn't deserve the privilege to be allowed to wash Rozelle's withering nuts.

Just think, when this team moves to LA under a new owner, more than likely we'll be one of those big city, high revenue jerk-off clubs the rest of the league hates.

656195[/snapback]

Who's this 'we' Kemosabe?

My sentiments exactly. It would also save me the cost of the NFL Season ticket, DTV, annual trips to Buffalo to watch a game in person, and cost of Bills memorabilia, etc. The only thing football offers me these days is the Buffalo Bills. The money, the greed, both owner and player alike, has left me cold.

And Ralph was initially called a doddering old fool for his reaction to the final vote on the new CBA.....

Tagliabue doesn't deserve the privilege to be allowed to wash Rozelle's withering nuts.

656256[/snapback]

I have not watched, supported or given 2 shi*s about the NBA since we lost the BRAVES! Look a MLB....a LOT of GOOD SEATS still available. :(

656242[/snapback]

I just hope the perception that Mr. Wilson is the bad guy does not come to pass- he's done everything he can to stay in Buffalo, and JOnes, Snyder, and Macaroni & Cheese have done everything they can to screw him.

the thing to me is that the nfl provides the value to the franchises, not the other way around.

in my business you see this kind of thinking all the time. someone gets put in a good seat, so they get a bunch of P&L by their name, and they think they are the schit. they start to think they should get paid a ton more and that someone else building a business and earning less P&L is not important.

the thing is anyone can sit in that seat facing valuable clients and make that fat P&L, it is the totallity of the business effort that brings value to that seat, which was once an up and coming struggling seat as well.

the dallas and washington and so on teams are worth more than buffalo and clevland, but that is because they are the big market guys in the NFL and the NFL requires all the smaller market teams to keep the value in the big market teams.

any single owner could just as easily sell their team, borrow some cash, and own one of the big market teams. snyder and jones are just as replacable as anyone else is.

in my view, the current potential downfall of the NFL is because of the idiot owners who signed the agreement without understanding it.

that said, this is all just potential, if the NFL keeps on rolling and total revenue keeps on growning the salary cap will be easy to pay by all the owners including ralph.

I just hope the perception that Mr. Wilson is the bad guy does not come to pass- he's done everything he can to stay in Buffalo, and JOnes, Snyder, and Macaroni & Cheese have done everything they can to screw him.

656346[/snapback]

Before we crown Ralph 'King of the Popes', lets not forget he kept the Bills here and made a ton of money. If the Bills were money losers they would have been gone a long time ago. :(

Before we crown Ralph 'King of the Popes', lets not forget he kept the Bills here and made a ton of money. If the Bills were money losers they would have been gone a long time ago.  :(

656433[/snapback]

Yeah, and the Bills have the lowest average ticket cost in the league, no PSLs, and don't have to pay to watch the team practice.

When Rich stadium began to become obsolete, he opted for the cheaper solution of upgrading the stadium, rather than demanding a new one.

So he is making money, but he has an awareness about what the Buffalo market can sustain, and is willing to work within those constraints, rather than moving his team to a big market area.

For that, in terms of NFL owners, I'm ready to crown him 'King of Popes.'

Yeah, and the Bills have the lowest average ticket cost in the league, no PSLs, and don't have to pay to watch the team practice.

When Rich stadium began to become obsolete, he opted for the cheaper solution of upgrading the stadium, rather than demanding a new one. 

So he is making money, but he has an awareness about what the Buffalo market can sustain, and is willing to work within those constraints, rather than moving his team to a big market area.

For that, in terms of NFL owners, I'm ready to crown him 'King of Popes.'

656547[/snapback]

Amen.

656547[/snapback]

Could that possibly be because he'd have to kick in a few hundred million towarsd constructing a new stadium, vs having the state & county refurbish the old Rich at virtually no cost to RW?

People like to take shots at Snyder & Craft, but at least they haven't been fleecing their teams' state legistlatures to have stadiums built compare & contrast.

How come no one is blaming the politicians in New York state who can't see past their noses....

There's no reason in the world - Buffalo/Rochester/Syracuse can't be another Pittsburgh or Cleveland. The lack of vision and the partisan politics in-fighting is just gone past ridiculous with the pissing contests etc.

So before anyone exclusively blames the new guard owners - I think taking pot shots at the political leadership is well deserved.

Historically, it's always been a case of bolting the stable door *after* the horse has bolted...

Many of us love Western New York but it just became economically unviable to remain in WNY. Why should the Bills be any different?

Charles