Ok a FOOTBALL thread. Can we beat NE?

ICE

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes we can & Yes we will!!!

I know I am setting myself up for this, but I believe we will win this week. Call me a homer, or an idiot, I do'nt care :D

The Patriots have looked beatable to me. Here's what must happen.

1.The Bills must come out on the field and be fired up for this.

2.Keep the Pats offense on the sidelines.

3.Run the ball a lot. The Patriots run defense is not that strong and can be had.

4.Pass down the middle, we need to hit Reed in the slot more.

5.Keep the pressure on Brady, mix the blitzes with LB's and CB's.

6.Do'nt blitz too often or the short pass will kill us.

7.Wide Receivers & Tight Ends, CATCH THE DAMN BALL!!!! Consistently I mean.

8.Let's throw some deep passes. We need to get Evans involved more.

That's it. No more excuses after this. The Bills have got 3 straight division games, starting with this one. A win against the Pats, would change everything. They have had 2 weeks to prepare, now it's time to produce.

Final Score: Bills 21 Patriots 10. That is not a misprint.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The more NFL I watch, the more I like Norv Turner's offensive philosophy of pounding the ball and throwing downfield. Screw the short passing game that everyone likes....especially when you're a penalty prone team, especially as much as the refs like to call interference, especially when you're playing a defense with good LB's who try to confuse you in the intermediate range, and especially when you have a QB who can't throw a 6 yard out. It'd be nice if McGahee and/or Evans are noticably on the field.

Defensively, it goes without saying we need to play lights out. I say have an "aggresive conservative" gameplan. Keep it simple and don't blitz much with their dink&dunk offense. Challenge Dillon to run on them against 7 man fronts. But do take a page out of their playbook by getting physical w/ their midget WR's at the line of scrimmage. They are young&quick though - might want to give Vincent some help.

The more NFL I watch, the more I like Norv Turner's offensive philosophy of pounding the ball and throwing downfield.  Screw the short passing game that everyone likes....especially when you're a penalty prone team, especially as much as the refs like to call interference, especially when you're playing a defense with good LB's who try to confuse you in the intermediate range, and especially when you have a QB who can't throw a 6 yard out.  It'd be nice if McGahee and/or Evans are noticably on the field. 

Defensively, it goes without saying we need to play lights out.  I say have an "aggresive conservative" gameplan.  Keep it simple and don't blitz much with their dink&dunk offense.  Challenge Dillon to run on them against 7 man fronts.  But do take a page out of their playbook by getting physical w/ their midget WR's at the line of scrimmage.  They are young&quick though - might want to give Vincent some help.

48290[/snapback]

I do like that strategy. It has merit. Someone phone MM and put it in the game plan.

!@#$ yes we can be those !@#$s!

Bills 13

Pat 10

But I would really like the score to be like last years opener...

Bills 31

Pat 0

I agree with what someone already said about the D. They will have to score!

We will need to control the clock and keep the !@#$s off the field. This game needs to come down to the D.

3.14159265359  :P

It's sad that I know that  :D

48317[/snapback]

Actually, 3.141592653589793238...

And yes, that's from memory. Now do you know the power series expansion for it?

I always liked the fact that, for a quick and dirty numeric estimate of pi, you could just use 10.

You know......I know this sounds really out there....but I was watching a game last year between Parcells Cowboys and the Patriots last year (I think it was last year)

And it kind of dawned on me that Bill P. knows how to beat the Patriots.....he just didn't have the horses to do it and lost the game....but his theory was sound....

A lot of people think that you beat them by going and hitting them hard early...but you dont.....

You have to be patient on offense....play sound defense....and take advantage of the few times during a game when they make a mistake.....

If we go in there trying to air it out.....we are going to lose.....we must be patient with the running game.....

The key to beating the Pats is to not make mistakes against their offense and defense whcih either costs you points or gives them points. That team is coached and schemed for/against the opposition making more mistakes than them. That's why they win so many games that people think they shouldn't win.

If we beat them at this part of their game we win this game. I'm not expecting to see us do so but, if we are going to win this game, this is how it's going to have to happen.

I'm not liking this game at all.

NewenGland was trying way too hard to get the score to 31-0 at end of last year's game 16.

Shades(?) of vintage '72 Champaign-sucking Nick Bonnercunny and his ilk's continuingly arrogant attitude toward the Bills.

Their motivation this time around is to get the streak to 18 and rub Whitey's nose in Drew's contract one more time. I'm afraid it's going to be ugly. Butt-ugly.

Man, do I hope I'm wrong, 'cause I hate those Boston Baked Bean Bastards.

I'm not liking this game at all.

NewenGland was trying way too hard to get the score to 31-0 at end of last year's game 16.

Shades(?) of vintage '72 Champaign-sucking Nick Bonnercunny and his ilk's continuingly arrogant attitude toward the Bills.

Their motivation this time around is to get the streak to 18 and rub Whitey's nose in Drew's contract one more time. I'm afraid it's going to be ugly. Butt-ugly.

Man, do I hope I'm wrong, 'cause I hate those Boston Baked Bean Bastards.

48439[/snapback]

Good point. You know when you think about it this might be the most important game Drew has played for the Bills. I'm sure he would love to be the guy who ended their streak, and a win is vital to get things headed in the right direction.

Good point. You know when you think about it this might be the most important game Drew has played for the Bills.  I'm sure he would love to be the guy who ended their streak, and a win is vital to get things headed in the right direction.

48449[/snapback]

THAT would be a pleasure to watch! Hope it comes true.