Loosman Support

CAT

The Bills have been noncommittal on JP for weeks,then they glowed about the backup from GB and know they dont shut the trade rumor down. Maybe they dont respond to rumors and are trying to push JP and create competition. Maybe they are done with JP? I wonder how JP is feeling.

I bet he's pissed off. I'm thinking that the Bills don't think very highly of him since they haven't negated the rumors about JP being "shopped around"...but maybe it's some tactic to confuse and bewilder us fans?

651025[/snapback]

They need a tactic?

Have you read much here lately?

Options

1) Marv spoke with J.P. He told him that they want him to be the bills QB, so ignore what they hear in the media, because its a draft ploy. Then Marv "leaks"word they are looking to trade JP, in hopes some team leapfrogs us, takes a QB and someone falls to us.

2) Marv really doesnt like JP. He feels he has no leadership skills, and there is no way he will ever succeed. Hard to believe. JP is a hard worker with exceptional talent. That did not transfer to the field last year, but its hard to believe you can give up on a guy after what we saw last season.

3) Marv wants to take a QB, but he knows he cant with JP, KH and Nall on the roster. He has to open up a spot, and it makes to get rid of JP, as nall and KH wont be a distraction and would be willing to help a new QB.

I dont know whats true..but knowing marv and JPs personality, I suspect #1 might be the truth here.

Options

1) Marv spoke with J.P.  He told him that they want him to be the bills QB, so ignore what they hear in the media, because its a draft ploy.  Then Marv "leaks"word they are looking to trade JP, in hopes some team leapfrogs us, takes a QB and someone falls to us.

2) Marv really doesnt like JP.  He feels he has no leadership skills, and there is no way he will ever succeed.  Hard to believe.  JP is a hard worker with exceptional talent.  That did not transfer to the field last year, but its hard to believe you can give up on a guy after what we saw last season.

3) Marv wants to take a QB, but he knows he cant with JP, KH and Nall on the roster.  He has to open up a spot, and it makes to get rid of JP, as nall and KH wont be a distraction and would be willing to help a new QB.

I dont know whats true..but knowing marv and JPs personality, I suspect #1 might be the truth here.

651042[/snapback]

I hope it is #1. The old fart may have some tricks up his Depends! :w00t:

PTR

How can anyone rule out JP's poor performance isn't a function of poor coaching? This has to be a consideration. Mularkey looked good in '04 until his mindless play calling influence took hold in '05. Veteran QBs have a better chance of keeping their head above water because they probably understood the offense much better than Meathead. That's one of my theories, anyway.

Ghost of Bib...no I haven't read much here lately...my bad.

I got suspended from the other Bills forum, haven't posted here very long.

651069[/snapback]

Wasn't picking on you, I was referring to life here in general.

Options

1) Marv spoke with J.P.  He told him that they want him to be the bills QB, so ignore what they hear in the media, because its a draft ploy.  Then Marv "leaks"word they are looking to trade JP, in hopes some team leapfrogs us, takes a QB and someone falls to us.

2) Marv really doesnt like JP.  He feels he has no leadership skills, and there is no way he will ever succeed.  Hard to believe.  JP is a hard worker with exceptional talent.  That did not transfer to the field last year, but its hard to believe you can give up on a guy after what we saw last season.

3) Marv wants to take a QB, but he knows he cant with JP, KH and Nall on the roster.  He has to open up a spot, and it makes to get rid of JP, as nall and KH wont be a distraction and would be willing to help a new QB.

651042[/snapback]

Where is Dick Jurons opinion in all this....Are we going to have an autocratic rule

again

Support him for what??? The last regime supported the guy all throughout the offseason and paraded the poor SOB around like he was a knight in shining armour and what has that gotten him? Too much pressure can be a bad thing. This time around expectations will lower and JP can catch us all by surprise and become the QB we all hope he can be.

Marv supposedly puts a premium on quality character players.

JP has been through a tremendous amount of crap for having only played 2 seasons, some his doing (or lack of doing) but most due to horrendous head coaching (not Wyche) and backstabbing by a has-been WR who's trying to cash in a pay day he should have cashed years ago.

Through all that, the kid kept his mouth shut and worked his ass off. I'd be greatly disappointed if he didn't get another shot in a friggin REBUILDING year. There is no way by what went on last year that we can conclude that JP doesn't have it. That's the tragedy of last season, it sucked and we still don't know if we have a QB in JP.

RTB

Theyre not going to get rid of JP. You dont cast away a first rounder after 2 years no matter what. I dont care what regime they are brought into. They are going to give him enough rope to hang himself and thats, that. As far as the draft I believe that we will take a QB in the draft and Kelly will be disposable. Sorry but he is older and we all know that he doesnt have the tools for the vertical passing game. I like this kid Mark Ingram from Furhman he tested out the with the best arm strenght in the draft. And was pretty accurate with his throws, he just played in a small market.

How can anyone rule out JP's poor performance isn't a function of poor coaching?  This has to be a consideration.  Mularkey looked good in '04 until his mindless play calling influence took hold in '05.  Veteran QBs have a better chance of keeping their head above water because they probably understood the offense much better than Meathead.  That's one of my theories, anyway.

651075[/snapback]

What poor performance? Jesus H. Christ people. He played behind a line that couldn't pass block in the Arena Football League. He got yanked around more than Adam Sandler in the Waterboy. If you consider playing pick my starting quarterback weekly as good coaching than I'm all in!

NFL Radio Adam Schein said the Bills denied reports that JP was being 'shopped around' and he will remain a Buffalo Bill.

SO THERE!!!!!!!!! :w00t:

Theyre not going to get rid of JP. You dont cast away a first rounder after 2 years no matter what. I dont care what regime they are brought into. They are going to give him enough rope to hang himself and thats, that. As far as the draft I believe that we will take a QB in the draft and Kelly will be disposable. Sorry but he is older and we all know that he doesnt have the tools for the vertical passing game. I like this kid Mark Ingram from Furhman he tested out the with the best arm strenght in the draft. And was pretty accurate with his throws, he just played in a small market.

651110[/snapback]

just playing devil's advocate, but i'm quite sure that if they had 20/20 hindsight, sd would have gotten rid of leaf after 2 years, detroit would have gotten rid of andre ware and joey harrington after 2 years, cincy would have cut klingler after 2 years, seattle would have gotten rid of dan mcguire and rick mirer after 2 years, chicago would have gotten rid of cade mcnown after 2 years, washington would have gotten rid of heath shuler and patrick ramsay after 2 years, the jets would have gotten rid of browning nagle after 2 years, the giants would have gotten rid of dave brown after 2 years, and indy would have gotten rid of jeff george after 2 years. sometimes teams miss on guys who project well on draft day but who turn out to be busts who suck. the point is, it happens a lot, and if you can catch it early, that's all to the good. most teams don't because they don't want to give up on the next brett favre. but not everyone turns out to be brett favre, and teams only dig themselves in a deeper hole by failing to tackle their own illusions. losman may well turn out to be good for the bills, but i sincerely doubt that the notable lack of effusiveness by the bills staff for losman is some sort of feint or ploy. it most likely is exactly what it appears to be -- a sign that they don't have much faith in the guy.

Guest dog14787
Options

651042[/snapback]

:w00t:

You might have just hit the nail on the head. After all we don't care how much confusion we make. Your right, Losman has worked hard. it seems highly unlikely levy would reward him for his hard work by dealing him.

Also (not that poles are completely accurate) If Levy deals Losman he better have a good reason and he better be right because the fans will be in a uproar and will be calling for levys head his first year on the job. :w00t:

The City of Buffalo's a tough sell. They like grit, and they like attitude, kids got both. I think he's made a home for himself here. Lets give him an O-line to protect him, and let Willis run wild to help him!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go BUFFALO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You might have just hit the nail on the head. After all we don't care how much confusion we make. Your right, Losman has worked hard. it seems highly unlikely levy would reward him for his hard work by dealing him.

Also (not that poles are completely accurate) If Levy deals Losman he better have a good reason and he better be right because the fans will be in a uproar and will be calling for levys head his first year on the job. :w00t:

The City of Buffalo's a tough sell.  They like grit, and they like attitude, kids got both. I think he's made a home for himself here. Lets give him an O-line to protect him, and let Willis run wild to help him!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go BUFFALO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

651241[/snapback]

Please, the fans will be in an uproar? Why? Because the Bills dealt a QB that was 1-7 and had the worst QB rating in the NFL? Just because we wasted draft picks on Losman doesn't mean we have to play him no matter what. Until he proves something to these coaches and this current staff...I don't think the Bills owe him a thing. He didn't get jerked around by the coaching staff the first 4 games, where he was absolutely terrible. He won the Texans game because of the defense, which was amazing. (Too bad it didn't last) I can remember at least 3 throws he had that hit the Texan's linebackers in the chest...should have been picked but Losman was so damn nervous he threw the ball 110 mph.

I just don't see what people see in him as of today. Just my 2 cents.

Support him for what??? The last regime supported the guy all throughout the offseason and paraded the poor SOB around like he was a knight in shining armour and what has that gotten him? Too much pressure can be a bad thing. This time around expectations will lower and JP can catch us all by surprise and become the QB we all hope he can be.

651089[/snapback]

Bravo ... the support he needs should not be publicized in the media. Let him know that he will get a fair shot, tell him what the expectations are, and then see what he can do.

These trade rumors started by some hack on the yahoo website, and only after that was the rumor picked up by other media outlets. How come everyone is taking the word of this no name writer as gospel? I laughed it off the first time I heard it, I can't believe the Buffalo News and Rochester D & C, and other outlets keep going on about. I guess its the slow time of year and they are trying to drum up business.