bills should move up to #2 and draft dbrick

I agree, if anything we should get out of the first round altogether.  This draft is loaded with value and talent in the later rounds.

649797[/snapback]

are you kidding me???? get out of the first round altogether, from the #8 spot to out of the first round

that might be the dumbest statement Ive read about this draft yet and there are a lot of dumb statements being made

you do not drop out of the first round from the top ten

I think we should do it even though a lot of people don't like it.  We need a LT thats going to last for years and this guy is it.  Please let me know what you guys think.

649776[/snapback]

Those who follow my posts know that I am very high on DA BRICK! He is the guy I have wanted all along and it seems like I have tried to find every excuse for him to fall to 8. It just isn't going to happen. And with New Orleans getting DB, there is a VERY high possibility that he is there guy at 2. Any way you slice it, he doesn't get out of the top 5. It won't happen.

With that said, I am in support of seeing what I can do about getting to 2. I am not willing to part with everything, but I would definately check into it and see what they would want. Just won't happen though. I don't see the Bills trading up.

If we move to #2 it should be for Mario Williams...not the Brick!

649817[/snapback]

Right.

As bad as the OL is, I have some faith that it will be better this year if only for the subtraction of the MW distraction.

But Defense WINS Championships. It'd be nice to have someone with talent approaching that of a Bruce Smith on our DLine.

It is hard to find a LT that can start right away, that said I don't think D'Brick is one of them, he can't handle inside moves well (yet) and he has not faced a 3-4 team, other than his own, D'brick will be destroyed his rookie year, my only hope is that the single engine planes get him, so that Schobel can pad his stats. I'd rather trade down and get Justice, and pick up more picks, I think Peters can and will have a good career at LT.

Those who follow my posts know that I am very high on DA BRICK!  He is the guy I have wanted all along and it seems like I have tried to find every excuse for him to fall to 8.  It just isn't going to happen.  And with New Orleans getting DB, there is a VERY high possibility that he is there guy at 2.  Any way you slice it, he doesn't get out of the top 5.  It won't happen.

With that said, I am in support of seeing what I can do about getting to 2.  I am not willing to part with everything, but I would definately check into it and see what they would want.  Just won't happen though.  I don't see the Bills trading up.

649813[/snapback]

Moving to #2 would probably cost us our first 3 picks, and a first round pick in 07.

I want DaBrick as much as you, but not at the price that getting him would command.

I wouldn't give up much at all to trade up for Ferguson. Its not so much that he's not an excellent LT prospect. He is. I just think the OT need has been overrated. Gandy isn't great, but he's adequate. Peters isn't great, but he's shown a lot of improvement and more than enough talent to eventually move to LT. If anything, we may need a RT prospect and we can pick one of those up in the 2nd-4th round. The real problem up front on the OL is the LG/C/RG area. Again, you draft those in R2-4.

I'd only trade up if it was for Mario Williams. With the Bills planning to play a cover 2 defense and the front four being totally inept at generating a pass rush on their own in recent years, the Bills have an enormous need for a quality pass rusher. They might get by with a situational pass rusher drafted in the 2nd or 3rd round, but if they can trade up at a reasonable price for the best DE prospect in this draft by far, I say go for it.

giving up another 1st rounder... no.

you will have to give up atleast 2 1st rounders to move up. (this years and next years). all for a player who MIGHT be great. forget that. the last "great prospect" OT we drafted is nolonger on our roster.

we should stay where we are, unless we are moving up to draft a QB.

I think Peters can and will have a good career at LT.

649845[/snapback]

It was printed again today in the News and stated multiple times recently by the Bills. Peters is staying at RT.

That being said, no way in hell should the Bills consider trading up. You do that when your 1-2 pieces short of finishing off a roster that can go deep into the playoffs. We are miles away from that and need to fill multiple holes, starting with the OL, DL and Safety.

I agree. I wouldn't trade up either. We need all the picks we can get. But no way do you trade out of the 1st round either. I mean, yeah we need picks. But come on. Do you pass on Ferari, just so you can have 2 or 3 Taurus'?

I agree.  I wouldn't trade up either.  We need all the picks we can get.  But no way do you trade out of the 1st round either.  I mean, yeah we need picks.  But come on. Do you pass on Ferari, just so you can have 2 or 3 Taurus'?

649924[/snapback]

The Taurus would spend a lot more time on the highway getting the groceries than the Ferrari will, and for a lot less money.

No, wouldn't trade out of the first round-there simply isn't much reason to, but the 8 could be really worth something to someone picking 15 or below.

Its been six years and we haven't even had a competitive team on the field, ket alone thing about the playoffs. The marathon is over. It's time for a new race. And I completely agree we need to build for the future, and correct me if I'm wrong, but I think we're more likely to get a franchise player in the 1st round than in the 2nd or 3rd round.