Just posted on Houston Chronicle Web site

JoeF

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ESPN, referencing the Houston Chronic story from last night. Gotcha. Now I know which of the 897 other Moulds threads to merge this into.

Thanks.

ESPN, referencing the Houston Chronic story from last night. Gotcha. Now I know which of the 897 other Moulds threads to merge this into.

Thanks.

649106[/snapback]

Oh my god there's another Moulds thread on the board..they're like rabbits... :-) This one quotes a salary with no link...

Oh my god there's another Moulds thread on the board..they're like rabbits...  :-)  This one quotes a salary with no link...

649114[/snapback]

More like whack-a-mole. Buggers are popping up too fast to keep up with... :D

What is interesting to me is this:

"The Texans have agreed to pay Moulds $14 million over four years, in a deal that includes a $5 million signing bonus. "

Moulds contract with Buffalo calls for him to receive $7.1 million in 2006.

It seems to me he is going to take a big paycut to play anywhere else. I am guessing his contract with Houston will be backloaded. Maybe something like $1.25 million 2006, $2.25 million 2007, $4.25 million 2008, $6.25 million in 2009.

He plays two years and makes about $8.5 million (salary plus bonus) from Houston. He will probably get cut before he sees the bigger numbers in 2008-9.

It seems to me he could make more taking a paycut and staying in Buffalo.

Maybe the Bills wanted him to play for $2 million per year?

Don't let the door hit you in the behind, Eric!

648039[/snapback]

max reduction is 30%... 30% on 7.1 million is about 2.4 mill, or a salary of 4.7 million. So his 5 mill bonus plus his base salary is more.

USC's pro day is tomorrow. I am pretty sure that Marv and Jauron will be there -- especially if we are looking at Winston Justice. Casserly and Kubiak will also be there....this deal gets done tomorrow in LA....future home of the Bills if you are Mike Florio...

A fifth round pick is nothing for Moulds. How many fifth round picks pan out? I would rather send Moulds to an NFC team for less than have Houston rob us blind. Moulds can still play at a high level and is certainly more valuable than the 134th pick in the draft.

Reguardless of the round, would you rather have a straight out draft pick for Moulds or would moving up in a few rounds be of better value? Here's a proposal that would be fair and still have a great value.

Houston /Buffalo /Value Chart

2nd rd-#33 /2nd rd-#42 /+ 100 pt.

3rd rd-#65 /3rd rd-#73 /+ 40 pt.

4th rd-#98 /4th rd-#105 /+ 24 pt.

That's a difference of a 164 pts. which equates to about the 85th pick in the 3rd rd. Would this be a better value for Moulds to have us pick earlier in three different rounds?

I didnt want to start another moulds thread but for whatever it's worth

FOXSports.com reports the San Francisco 49ers showed interest in Buffalo Bills WR Eric Moulds, according to Moulds' personal adviser Greg Johnson.

I kind of like his personal adviser. Even if it's not true and he's just throwing out team names, it could drive up the price of a team who really is interested.

Not sure if this was posted...but a buddy of mine sent me an email with this info:

Eric Moulds completed a physical for the Texans Monday.

The Bills and Texans still have to agree on trade compensation, but it looks like a formality at this point. Apr. 3 - 7:26 pm et

Source: NFL.com

If this article is true, there is no way we should not hold out for the fourth. Just flat say no deal never a deal. They want him and there wouldnt be a good reason to call our bluff. They're not going to get a player that can help them in the next 2-3 years like Moulds will with that fourth pick instead of a fifth pick.

647928[/snapback]

Huh??????? Weren't you ready to cut Moulds just a few weeks ago?

JDG

It kind of surprised me, too, because I thought he would want to go to a contender. But it does say it's probably not about the money because he could have gotten more from the Bills and maybe more from another team.

Huh???? He's probably getting $6 mil from the Texans this year. Were the Bills offering Moulds $6 mil for this year??????

JDG

Huh????    He's probably getting $6 mil from the Texans this year.    Were the Bills offering Moulds $6 mil for this year??????

JDG

651895[/snapback]

After pay cut, no. So this means Moulds is all about money, the contender thing is just one of his excuses to leave Bills and get more money somewhere else.

After pay cut, no. So this means Moulds is all about money, the contender thing is just one of his excuses to leave Bills and get more money somewhere else.

652075[/snapback]

Actually, I think you could make a strong case that the Texans are more of a contender for next year than the Bills are.....