Losman on the trading block?

Gambler

Eight starts into Cutler's career as a Bill the fans would be calling him a bust and there would be rumors that he was on the trade block.

645749[/snapback]

Only if it occurs over 2 seasons where he shows he is injury prone, and has exactly 2 good quarters over the span of 2 years and 14 games played in.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is this rumor always regurgitated by second-tier media types from out of town?  How come the local beat guys or TV and radio "personalities" are not picking up on this hot insight??

645633[/snapback]

Thats why it's all crap that they write. I dont read it and I'm sure the Bills don't read it either. Why would they read it ?

Only if it occurs over 2 seasons where he shows he is injury prone, and has exactly 2 good quarters over the span of 2  years and 14 games played in.

645751[/snapback]

I've never seen anybody so apt to hate a player for no concrete reasons as you are with Losman.

I've never seen anybody so apt to hate a player for no concrete reasons as you are with Losman.

645759[/snapback]

See, that's what you don't get. I do not hate him. He just doesn't have the skills to play and win in the NFL. Nothing personal, he is just a better fit for CFL, or NFLE.

645759[/snapback]

I seem to recall someone on this board has a similar dislike for of Travis Henry.

See, that's what you don't get.  I do not hate him.  He just doesn't have the skills to play and win in the NFL.  Nothing personal, he is just a better fit for CFL, or NFLE.

645763[/snapback]

When I said "hate a player" I didn't mean the actual person, I meant the player. There are no concrete reasons to dislike Losman (as a player) as much as you do. There are reasons to be skeptical (as well as optimistic) but that's about it.

What IF Nall outplays JP for the starting job? Is it really that unthinkable? Nalls #'s are comparable to RJs?

645743[/snapback]

Yes. It is.

If you like JP or not. This team needs to find out once and for all about JP. Get him in an offense let's see what he can do with some protection. I'm not saying he is Tom Brady. It's just I have never seen Brady play with a horrible O-Line.

I know one thing. If Nall is the best of the three? Then you better draft a QB #1 and hope he can start by game three. Nall is not this teams answer at QB. I hold the GB front office in more esteem then I do the Marv led front office. They thought enough of Nall to draft a QB #1 and make him the #2 behind Farve.

Nall is nothing more then a Travis Brown. Good with a scout team and a clip board. If he has to start then then you better run the ball 60 times.

Yeah and that someone was right about him as well.   ;)   Tell me again how well he did the last few years?

645771[/snapback]

The way I see it is that Henry was not THAT good of a RB and Losman is not THAT good of a QB. Losman hasn't proved himself and why bother wasting another year of trying to see if he's the man. Honestly, he looked worse than when Eli Manning took over the starting job for the Giants 2 years ago. Losman has got to go. It time to try out somebody else. Perhaps Nall, for instance. Or at least draft a qb. ;)

I'm happy with the best option between Nall and JP starting, but given the circumstances and upside, Nall would have to be clearly better to get the nod. If they are about the same or the difference is "perceived as a leader", then you stick with JP for 16 starts as should be the goal.

Nothing, and I mean nothing nothing nothing, gets this job to Holcomb. He is a different animal, no upside, and a disaster of mediocrity waiting to happen.

If we can get value for JP or any other player that can make our team better overall we consider that deal. If someone who knows more about football than I do is really really sure that JP has no chance of being better than Nall, okay. But the best thing that can happen is still improving this team the best we can at other positions, designing a gameplan around smashmouth football with Willis, and start JP as our best option for 16 games, so next off season we can make a more agressive change of direction at QB if needed, or know that JP is our man.

See, that's what you don't get.  I do not hate him.  He just doesn't have the skills to play and win in the NFL.  Nothing personal, he is just a better fit for CFL, or NFLE.

645763[/snapback]

Please put this post in a safe deposit box and open after Columbus day. ;)

Guest BackInDaDay

If Jauron was quoted correctly, he seems to be favoring Nall.

The only thing I'm not clear on... is it because he "doesn't have a lot of playing time" or because "He's got experience". ;)

C'mon Ralph and Marv, get that Flubber ready! ;)

"(Losman has) had two years now to develop," Jauron said. "He had to play a lot last year. It was thrown on him early. It was a difficult situation to be in for a young guy. So he's got a real chance (to improve in his third year). He's got all that physical talent. He can run. He's got a strong arm. He's a smart guy. He's not afraid to work. He's got a lot of upside to him. We've got to give him a chance to get it out. Hopefully those other guys competing will force the hand a little bit and make them all better."

"(Nall) obviously doesn't have a lot of playing time. But when he's played he's performed well. He's been accurate with the football. He's a good decision maker. He's got experience. We're not teaching the guy how to play. All he has to do is transfer information. He should be able to step up and compete. He's got good size (6-foot-3, 230 pounds). I like his size – his height in the pocket. I like his demeanor. I like the way he handled himself in interviews. He's a very competitive guy. He believes he can be a starter and should be a starter."

I know you are really trying to contain yourself, but how are you getting by at work with the KY and towel on your lap? Late lunch?

645773[/snapback]

Not sure if you're talking to me soup boy. But, I don't gloat. I wish I was eating crow after the season and he really was the next coming of YA Tittle. Problem is he appears to be more of Jimmy Stewart "Harvey".