Where are the TRUE BILLS Fans at for there...

freak

This board is sad! After 2 close loses to teams that have played great on D, we are quick to write this season and it’s best players off, HOW PATHETIC!! Most TRUE fans stick up for their teams and players and try to over hype them instead of bring them down. For instance, how can anybody lay too much blame on our defense? I always hear if we had a better left DE, better FS, etc. I mean what do you EXPECT them to do, shut out teams every week?

Now everybody seems to want to bash our team’s best players after only TWO games? If we turn the ship around and go 14-2 will all these guys who abandon ship try to jump back on and act like they knew we had the talent and that we were headed in the right direction all along? I mean honestly, how can any TRUE Bills fan bash Eric Moulds after TWO games and claim that he is a shell of his former self; he has gotten a TD pass in both games! If he were utilized more in the 1st game he would have had a 100+ as he was toying with the DB on the Jaguars. What if Charles Woodson didn’t grab Eric as he ran by him on the play action on Moulds ONLY deep attempt in two games; I’ll bet the Raiders fans would be dissing Woodson for being over rated for getting torched by Moulds. As a matter of fact, let the Bills be stupid and trade Moulds and send him to a team with a real offensive scheme and QB and see what numbers he puts up for aside from Drew he has never had a quality QB or offensive scheme and he has still produced big time! Swap Moulds with TO in Philly and I guarantee you Moulds would put up the same numbers when utilized correctly!

Or how about Henry; while he is not a top back, how can a TRUE Bills fan turn on him after he played against the two of the best run defenses in the NFL without a threat of a passing attack down field? Now while I’ll admit he is a liability against the blitz, how can anybody forget how much heart this kid has run with the past two seasons?

Nate Clemens has done nothing but be a solid DB for the Bills but yet he continues to get bashed; not on a week-by-week basis because WEEK BY WEEK he comes to play! Some try to dwell on this play here or this play there but you must be a fool if you don’t acknowledge that he is an above average talent. Now if he were one of the highest paid then maybe you might expect him to walk on water but a TRUE fan would acknowledge that Clemens has played extremely well for us; it is a reason teams don’t throw for 200+ on the Bills and he is one of them.

Now Drew is a different case; I can see the criticism for he hasn’t played well in over a year. But even he deserves a benefit of the doubt playing with a new scheme that has him rushing throws and not utilizing his real strength, which is the deep ball. You see, last year Gilbride was our whipping boy and RIGHTFULLY so as he failed to realize that our strength was running the ball and that with Moulds not at a %100 we had no deep threats but he kept forcing the issue, trying to fit a square peg in a round hole. But in 2004 with a healthy Moulds and Lee Evans the deep ball should be utilized more instead of dump offs. Face it: We have the talent to score but until a scheme and the proper chemistry is installed we are never going to be a threat. But please give the guys more than TWO GAMES against tough defenses before you write them off as pathetic!

Some times blame is warranted. But for guys such as Moulds, Henry, and Nate to be bashed, treated as UNRECYCABLES after ONLY TWO games is ridiculous; how can a TRUE Bills fan not see what these guys have brought to the table the past 3 seasons and write them off after TWO games is embarrassing! This board show cases nothing but negativity; if you were an outsider and didn’t know any better you’d think that we are getting blowed out by 20 every week with no hope insight or that M Williams was the worst lineman in the league. Some on this board are just like that loud mouth Jerry Sullivan who just writes negativity for an effect, acting like they have all the answers. For these types I feel like pulling a Warren Sapp: PUT A JERSEY ON!!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Frustrated, but I'm here. It'll take a hell of a lot more than 2 losses to knock me off the bandwagon.

I assure you, the rest are on board as well. They're just venting their frustrations. Thats one of the major reasons why this board exists.

apparently you read only a few posts here. i know that I for one have not bashed this team, in fact, i have stopped just short of praising them. is this team a good team? I do not know yet. are they a bad team, i don't think so. lets see how they come off a bye week where they had 2 weeks to work on the previous 2. but i will be there for all 16(at least) games

we are 0-2, should be 2-0, that pretty much sums it up

47099[/snapback]

No, I've kept up with this board for the past four years; the biggest complaint I have had is the constant negativity and this season is the best example of those who claim to be Bills fan bashing our team and it's best players and writing them off after only two close losses. It really irks me the most when our superstars are chopped up after one or two bad games by our own fans!

the biggest complaint I have had is the constant negativity and this season is the best example of those who claim to be Bills fan bashing our team and it's best players and writing them off after only two close losses.

So you're suggesting that we "check or brain at the door" before we come into the message baord and comment? wouldn't that kinda be like the "stepford Bills fans"? So, you suggest anyone but lemmings be bannned from this board to keep you happy?

will saying positive things about a poor team make them a great team or just keep your psyche intact?

My definition of a True Fan:  Someone who posts on a message board with total strangers just to talk about their team whether having to say good things or bad things, it doesn't matter.

47098[/snapback]

[person 1]"So, do you have good things to say about the team?"

[person 2]"Well, actually, I..."

[person 1]"It doesn't matter what you have to say about the team!"

i am not by any stretch ditching the Bills, nor will i ever, i am just very frustrated woith the way they have played and see some serious things wrong with the team...but they could go 0-16 the next 5 years and i'll still root for them day in and day out and wear Bills gear with pride...losing gets tiresome after awhile tho...

I've been a fan since the mid sixties. This has been debated ad nauseum, but I'm not in the "nothing wrong here, folks" camp. They aren't going to a playoff game, much less a superbowl just because I want them too, because I'm a fan. This team needs some fixing. Real soon. And where the heck did two games come from? This team has been a train wreck since the middle of the season two years ago.

I've been a fan since the mid sixties. This has been debated ad nauseum, but I'm not in the "nothing wrong here, folks" camp. They aren't going to a playoff game, much less a superbowl just because I want them too, because I'm a fan. This team needs some fixing. Real soon. And where the heck did two games come from? This team has been a train wreck since the middle of the season two years ago.

47193[/snapback]

100% correct