Boy does air travel stink.....

Jet Blue is the best airline in America, bar none. 

And yes, they welcome outside food.  Remember once I hadn't been back to Buffalo for a while, on my to Buffalo International to head back to NYC, I called and found out the flight was delayed.  Detoured at La Nova.  Yep, brought on a large cheese/pepperoni pizza and just enjoyed it the whole flight home.

Mixed well with the vodka/iced teas I was making in the seat.  Had the stewardess grab me a few bottles of Vodka in exchange for two slices.  Great trade.

636054[/snapback]

Man, as a frequent flyer, i really hate this practice. Nothing like a little whopper smell from the seat next to you foo a two hour flight. Most of those people are also the folks who are SO important, cant wait to get off the plane before they use their stinkin cell phone.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, as a frequent flyer, i really hate this practice. Nothing like a little whopper smell from the seat next to you foo a two hour flight. Most of those people are also the folks who are SO important, cant wait to get off the plane before they use their stinkin cell phone.

636095[/snapback]

I agree with that. Somebody brought on some baked fish or something one time and it smelled horrible for about an hour.

I'm all for bringing on food as I do it myself, but just be considerate and bring on stuff without strong odors.

Jet Blue is the best airline in America, bar none. 

And yes, they welcome outside food.  Remember once I hadn't been back to Buffalo for a while, on my to Buffalo International to head back to NYC, I called and found out the flight was delayed.  Detoured at La Nova.  Yep, brought on a large cheese/pepperoni pizza and just enjoyed it the whole flight home.

Mixed well with the vodka/iced teas I was making in the seat.  Had the stewardess grab me a few bottles of Vodka in exchange for two slices.  Great trade.

636054[/snapback]

Good to hear the barter system is alive and well. Pizza for booze is a world class barter where both sides win big.

As for those who have sensitive noses...well, I understand to a degree. If I HAD to bring something on, I'd opt for a good Italian deli sandwhich...but, i tend to eat on the ground (even coast-to-coast). I'll tuck away some cookies or chocolate in my carry-on in case there's an attractive woman in the seat next to me...trust me, that's a great ice-breaker. But, you can't begrudge a guy a pizza.

Good to hear the barter system is alive and well.  Pizza for booze is a world class barter where both sides win big.

As for those who have sensitive noses...well, I understand to a degree.  If I HAD to bring something on, I'd opt for a good Italian deli sandwhich...but, i tend to eat on the ground (even coast-to-coast).  I'll tuck away some cookies or chocolate in my carry-on in case there's an attractive woman in the seat next to me...trust me, that's a great ice-breaker.  But, you can't begrudge a guy a pizza.

636147[/snapback]

I'm a nasty old guy. I flew from DC to Colorado Springs a little bit ago (night flight), and some old couple had seperated seats when they thought they were flying together. The old woman was next to a 20 something hottie from the Air Force Academy. I arranged the seat swaps (someone needs to take charge). She was tired, enjoyed the neck and shoulder rub. We had dinner that week. Twice.

Runs track, was roomed with one of the AF Academy "harrassment" scandal gals. Told me it was a lot of BS.

I'm a nasty old guy. I flew from DC to Colorado Springs a little bit ago (night flight), and some old couple had seperated seats when they thought they were flying together. The old woman was next to a 20 something hottie from the Air Force Academy. I arranged the seat swaps (someone needs to take charge). She was tired, enjoyed the neck and shoulder rub. We had dinner that week. Twice.

Runs track, was roomed with one of the AF Academy "harrassment" scandal gals. Told me it was a lot of BS.

636186[/snapback]

That's pretty slick-thinking...for a ghost.

I'm not a big Donald Trump fan, but he was on Larry King a couple of weeks ago.  King asked him about airlines and such.  Trump said that the airline business is the wordt thing to get into.  Semi-private / private air travel, according to Trump, is the next big thing.

635829[/snapback]

What a dumbas*! Even when you pay the big $$$ for "private air travel" your plane still has to fly thru the same inadequate air traffic system full of the same delays and fuel wasting holds and reroutes. Now the FAA wants to start "user fees." So all the private air travel people will have to start paying for weather briefings and flight plan file etc...

Donald lives in NY, he can TAKE THE "A" TRAIN." ;)

I'm not a big Donald Trump fan, but he was on Larry King a couple of weeks ago.  King asked him about airlines and such.  Trump said that the airline business is the wordt thing to get into.  Semi-private / private air travel, according to Trump, is the next big thing.

635829[/snapback]

Are there any trans-Pacific airlines? Like from Cali to Australia?

636186[/snapback]

But the question that begs to be asked: how does she look naked? :lol:

Yes, Quantas and Air New Zealand. But all have 2+ stops. I think American, United and Delta also do on a code share basis.

636490[/snapback]

I was looking for either private or semi-private, like a charter. Most of the ones you mention do fly direct from the left coast to Aus. One, I think it was either Quantas or United when I was looking a couple weeks ago, does a non-stop from NYC to Sydney, 20 hours in the air.

What a dumbas*!  Even when you pay the big $$$ for "private air travel" your plane still has to fly thru the same inadequate air traffic system full of the same delays and fuel wasting holds and reroutes.  Now the FAA wants to start "user fees."  So all the private air travel people will have to start paying for weather briefings and flight plan file etc...

Donald lives in NY, he can TAKE THE "A" TRAIN." :lol:

636234[/snapback]

Not really, thats only when you are flying into the congested airports. The new airlines i was speaking of will fly out of the sub regional airparks, where that congestion will be avioded

Interesting summary.  I would think by flying one would learn how UNDERpopulated the earth is.  Have you looked out the window when flying from the Left to Right coast or visa versa?

There is a lot, alot, of open space.  Flying does give people perspective.  And it is rather interesting how different those perspectives can be.

634938[/snapback]

Sorry to jump in to pick nits, but open space has nothing to do with over or under population. Sure the Earth has enough land for 1,000,000,000,000,000 (pick a number) people, but does it have the resources to support them? Further, even if resources can be stretched to cover that many people, what of the 'Quality of Life'?

And I agree, flying sucks. But driving over 10 hours sucks even more, so I fly. Just wish they would hurry the hell up and invent the Star Trek transporter...

:lol:

And I agree, flying sucks. But driving over 10 hours sucks even more, so I fly. Just wish they would hurry the hell up and invent the Star Trek transporter...

636695[/snapback]

Let's hope it's built by the Japanese. Americans would likely end up with the Spaceballs transporter.

Sorry to jump in to pick nits, but open space has nothing to do with over or under population. Sure the Earth has enough land for 1,000,000,000,000,000 (pick a number) people, but does it have the resources to support them? Further, even if resources can be stretched to cover that many people, what of the 'Quality of Life'?

:devil:

636695[/snapback]

I fully agree that looking at open space cannot infer under or over population, but neither can sitting on a 'full' plane; like the original poster stated.

You should address your logic to that post, but mine is fair game also.

My two cents says that the very worst thing about flying these days is luggage.

The amount of it that gets lost or delayed is starting to make think that when it arrives with you on the same flight, it's more of accident than good work :P

The amount of it that gets lost or delayed is starting to make think that when it arrives with you on the same flight, it's more of accident than good work  :P

637591[/snapback]

I keep hearing that, and for some reason I haven't had a luggage problem in years. Just lucky, I guess. I always try to fly a maximum of one connection, maybe that has something to do with it. I think it's airports, too. The only place I've had trouble is JFK. I normally fly out of DCA - lot of my flights head west, and go through Chicago or Atlanta. Maybe they are just better. Baltimore doesn't normally lose things, but I don't know that I've ever seen a slower luggage pickup anywhere. Even overseas hasn't been bad.

The amount of it that gets lost or delayed is starting to make think that when it arrives with you on the same flight, it's more of accident than good work  :P

637591[/snapback]

Funny you should mention that. New record for that this year.

See linky

http://www.usatoday.com/money/biztravel/20...bags-usat_x.htm

My last flight a bag of mine came out on the carousel minus the name tag, it's a good idea to put a name tag of some sort inside your luggage as well.

I always see some poor schmoe hanging around a carousel thinking his or her luggage is surely about to come out when in fact, it's in Idaho :P