Boy does air travel stink.....

My last flight a bag of mine came out on the carousel minus the name tag, it's a good idea to put a name tag of some sort inside your luggage as well.

I always see some poor schmoe hanging around a carousel thinking his or her luggage is surely about to come out when in fact, it's in Idaho  :P

637971[/snapback]

I took yellow caution tape, like from a construction site and wrapped my handles with it, covered it with a layer of clear packing tape so it would stay. Everyone's bags look the same, makes them easier to grab. I leave a business card inside the bag, with work info. Just a suggestion, don't use personal info like address and phone number in the luggage.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I keep hearing that, and for some reason I haven't had a luggage problem in years. Just lucky, I guess. I always try to fly a maximum of one connection, maybe that has something to do with it. I think it's airports, too. The only place I've had trouble is JFK. I normally fly out of DCA - lot of my flights head west, and go through Chicago or Atlanta. Maybe they are just better. Baltimore doesn't normally lose things, but I don't know that I've ever seen a slower luggage pickup anywhere. Even overseas hasn't been bad.

637921[/snapback]

I had problems in Dallas and Philly only with luggage. Otherwise, things have been OK. Philly sucks for bags.

My wife lost a bag last December - bad storms in Cincy. She was going home for Christmas, and the Delta folks dumped the luggage in a heap in the Bflo airport.

She got a phone call from a "bro'" at her business number voice mail on her ID tag saying she shouldn't worry. Nice con.

After 3 months, with Delta's web luggage tracker showing that they recieved that piece of luggage, they honored her claim of $750 loss.

Lest I paint a negative picture, they - the harried Delta luggage folks - made good.

She travels a good bit - there have been some luggage not showing up, but delivered intact later.

Going back west after Christmas I had 20 minutes from when the plane door opened to get to my connection. i made it as they were announcing last call. I wsa sure my bag was still in O' Hare, but there it was in SFO, one of the first off the plane.

In light of an extremely aggravating situation that I have been dealing with for 2 days now, I would like to add something.

Don't use third party companies to purchase tickets through. Like Expedia for example who is causing me all kinds of grief.

Most airlines offer lowest prices on their websites anyway and why bring an outsider into the mix?

95% of the time everything is ok, but when there's trouble it is simply a major mistake to have made travel arrangements through them.

I miss the DC-3. :doh:

635882[/snapback]

Flew over 125 combat missions in Vietnam in one of them ..military name was C-47. Used as gunships, transports, intelligence, and pretty dam near everything else you could think of. Last one made was in the mid 1940's and you'll still find airlines flying them in some parts of the world. Some consider it the best airplane ever made.

Flew over 125 combat missions in Vietnam in one of them ..military name was C-47.  Used as gunships, transports, intelligence, and pretty dam near everything else you could think of.  Last one made was in the mid 1940's and you'll still find airlines flying them in some parts of the world.  Some consider it the best airplane ever made.

644331[/snapback]

I'm aware of the C-47. And its military history.

My list of the greatest aircraft:

1) DC-3

2) C-130

3) everything else.

Flew over 125 combat missions in Vietnam in one of them ..military name was C-47.  Used as gunships, transports, intelligence, and pretty dam near everything else you could think of.  Last one made was in the mid 1940's and you'll still find airlines flying them in some parts of the world.  Some consider it the best airplane ever made.

644331[/snapback]

Not too many people would disagree with that.

Not too many people would disagree with that.

644354[/snapback]

Cmon fellas, the Embraer ERJ-145 has to be the best plane EVER to fly in :doh:

Thats the one thing thats sucks flying out of a small airport like Richmond, seems i'm on that dam plane 9 out of 10 times i fly now.

BTW, did ya see where NWA will guaranteee an exit seat for $15. Hope all the airlines do this, im in.

Thats the one thing thats sucks flying out of a small airport like Richmond, seems i'm on that dam plane 9 out of 10 times i fly now.

BTW, did ya see where NWA will guaranteee an exit seat for $15. Hope all the airlines do this, im in.

644388[/snapback]

I flew on a brand new (one week old) Embraer (E190, I think) from Buff to NYC (on the way back to SF) on Saturday. Very nice aircraft (I'm not saying it's a DC3). Jet Blue now has XM Radio, in addition to DTV, on the new jets.

644388[/snapback]

Beats the hell out of flying on an old Beech Turboprop doesn't it?