Could JP Losman be on his way out?

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be definately waiting to hear what is said.

Marv is cleaning house of the locker room trouble makers. I guess we will find out if JP was an influence or just the prey. I still want to give him two more years because it takes time to develop but if he was in the middle of that mess of a locker room last year than I want him gone.

636067[/snapback]

If Marv is cleaning house, what is Moulds doing still doing on the team?

If it's true you can lump me in with all the chicken littles already spouting off on this board about the end of the Bills credibility. This would possibly be the dumbest move I have ever witnessed by the team since I became a fan in the mid seventies, considering the investment and potential yet to be tested.

With that said, I doubt it is true. ;)

Seriously....

I would like to know why Cuter, Lienhart, WHOEVER out of this draft is good enough to through away the investment we made in JP Losman and start over again....

That makes NO godamn sense....NONE.....

JP Losman showed enough last year to show that he does in fact have the talent to play in this league....anytime he had a chance to set his feet and fire he was accurate. He has the arm and mobility...

Why the HELL are we discussing a fricken QB change.....we need LINEMEN

Seriously....

I would like to know why Cuter, Lienhart, WHOEVER out of this draft is good enough to through away the investment we made in JP Losman and start over again....

JP Losman showed enough last year to show that he does in fact have the talent to play in this league....anytime he had a chance to set his feet and fire he was accurate.  He has the arm and mobility...

636120[/snapback]

I hear ya man, loud and clear. You would think this to be common knowlegde by now ;)

So using your logic, if I had a million dollers in the bank and someone wanted to charge me $900,000 to mow it, I should do it no questions asked cause I have the money and can afford it.  Whether I'm getting good value doesn't matter.

Yes the Bill's no question can afford to cut JP, but does it make sense to take a $3 mil cap hit or to keep him and pay him his $1.5 mil contract? 

If you keep making moves, giving up on players prematurely, and taking on their cap hits, you'll never get anyplace.  It's very easy to say JP is a bust, as on average 2 out of every 3 QB's fail, so the odds are in your favor if you state he'll fail.  It really is funny how people said the Bill''s should have gone after Brees, the same guy who was a total flop his first two years.  Menawhile We have people who know JP is a failure after 8 games.

636100[/snapback]

no

if the new bills front office think JP is bad (and there are NFL scouts and what not that really don't think he will ever be good) then they need to make a change at the QB position.

assuming they go somewhere else for the QB, if they think they can trade JP this year for a pick or player, it makes sense to eat the hit now.

if they are certain that kelly will be the back up/starter and whoever they get in the draft is the new starter, then if they have the cap room (as in there are no more players they want to sign this year) it makes sense to cut him this year.

why does it make sense to cut him this year even tho it costs more against this year's cap?

because you pay now and have cap room later by doing so.

if they keep him this year and cut him next year they will take a cap hit in 07, so any unused cap rom this year would be better used in cutting JP rather than just sitting on him and taking the cap hit next year.

so while i still haven't said if i think the bills should or should not cut JP or draft a QB, they can if they want too and it wouldn't be that hard for them to do.

If it's true you can lump me in with all the chicken littles already spouting off on this board about the end of the Bills credibility. This would possibly be the dumbest move I have ever witnessed by the team since I became a fan in the mid seventies, considering the investment and potential yet to be tested.

With that said, I doubt it is true.  ;)

636118[/snapback]

I doubt it too, but...the investment is not Levy's, so I don't think that will affect his decision. And the potential is subject to debate. Obviously, if Levy trades him, he doesn't see that potential.

Seriously....

JP Losman showed enough last year to show that he does in fact have the talent to play in this league....anytime he had a chance to set his feet and fire he was accurate.  He has the arm and mobility...

636120[/snapback]

You must have missed my no ice cream post.

BTW, you can have ice cream.

Just an uneducated personal opinion, but QB really is not the issue this year, nor probably next. I'm not a Losman cheerleader by any means, but it sure looks like the Bills are setting him and WM up to succeed. There will be some O-line moves coming up to compliment that. If Nall outplays him in camp, fine. Who cares? He'll start. Lots of speed on the team so that doesn't say a lot for supporting Holcomb. Why have speed?

I still think the Bills are looking ahead, not getting it all done this year, and this is a put up or shut up year for WM. Yes, the O-line is very much a concern, I personally would have liked to see a proven veteran center come in, but Oh Well.

People in hell want ice water, too.

Now is this an actual rumor, or is this just the sirius host reading pat kirwian's column and running it. I mean, put me on the radio, and i could go on at length and make up all sorts of rumors based on some of the articles about moulds.

Trading JP before hes given a fair shake would be far and away the dumbest move that Marv could do. If they trade JP, i will have a tough time giving marv the benefit of the doubt as i am now.

Come on. The kid hasn't had anytime to prove himself and he had a !@#$ing moron as a head coach last year. You gotta give him at least one full season.

Did the Chargers get rid of Drew Brees after only 9 games? Or how about the Giants and Eli Manning after he struggled for most of his first season? What about the Jets and Chad Pennington?

That's it. This will officially be the worst offseason ever if they do something like this. What do they think they are going to get in the draft? A !@#$ing rookie that will need time to develop!!!! ;) ;)

I wouldn't doubt this at all.  Marv wants a leader at QB similar to Kelly in his day.  J.P. May have a strong arm and refers to himself as being cocky etc.. but is he the type that his offense will rally around?  I'm not so sure.  He strikes me as being  immature.  To Levy, leadership at the QB position is a high priority and I wouldn't put it past him if he is looking at shopping Losman.  Besides, April Fools day is still 12 days off.

636109[/snapback]

jim kelly was way worse with his attitude when he came to buffalo and marv turned him around, so lets wait and see.

I hear ya man, loud and clear. You would think this to be common knowlegde by now  ;)

636135[/snapback]

There are many teams that address more than one need in the offseason. We might be one of them.

Quarterback is a need. We have a 3rd year quarterback who has suffered major injuries in both seasons. You both talk about potential....I just haven't seen it. He's been bad way more often then he's been good. I would say he has potential to be a bust.

I was thinking about this last night when the NFL Network was doing a profile on Troy Aikman. He was 0-11 as a rookie starter.

Still, in order to be a really good starting QB in this league, you have to have the "it" factor, which outweighs any physical talent. Part of that "it" factor is being a natural leader. Maybe Marv just doesn't see that in JP...

Now is this an actual rumor, or is this just the sirius host reading pat kirwian's column and running it. I mean, put me on the radio, and i could go on at length and make up all sorts of rumors based on some of the articles about moulds.

Trading JP before hes given a fair shake would be far and away the dumbest move that Marv could do. If they trade JP, i will have a tough time giving marv the benefit of the doubt as i am now.

636170[/snapback]

Pat Kirwin hosts the show. He is the one that said it. His co Host, I cant remember what his name is, said there are rumblings the Bills are shopping JP Losman for a draft pick.

636170[/snapback]

They (Kirwian) discussed CN first. I'll paraphrase. He's the 3rd on GB. Why move to another team to be the third?

Logic says someone in Buffalo said he wouldn't be the third here.

Does that mean Losman goes? No

Does it mean it might make sense to move him if they dont like him? yes

All they said was that if they didnt like JP they could look at moving him.

There are 0 people on this form that truly know the interaction between JP and the team. There are positive and negative rumors. Losman seems to swing both ways for a lot of things. If he's not liked, and more importantly not believed in, why keep him?

Nothing more than speculation, but it is logical