Top DT Available in FA

According to most sites I see (tsn.ca is the one I use the most), the top DT available right now is none other than......

Sam Adams

And honestly, i'd much rather have him back than anyone else available right now. He had problems with Mularkey and ran his mouth off, but he got a raw deal last year. I can't believe they kept benching him.

I wish we could bring him back :doh:

I agree. Marv says we need a large DT. I have no problem with Sam Adams.

That also would give us the flexibility to draft the best player available when our pick comes up (which I would do anyway).

For whatever it's worth (one person's opinion), the Sporting News did a Free Agent preview in an issue a couple weeks ago. The top 5 free agent DTs they listed at the time were:

1) Bernard

2) Triplett

3) Chris Hovan

4) Grady Jackson

5) Orpheus Roye

Hovan resigned with Tampa and Bernard with Seattle. We signed the 2nd guy on their list, leaving Roye and Jackson still available??

Either one of those guys would be great their both a little old but can contribute. Roye looks pretty durable he's played almost all 16 games for his career. Didn't have a lot of sacks last year but he had 23 asst. I'll tak that.

For whatever it's worth (one person's opinion), the Sporting News did a Free Agent preview in an issue a couple weeks ago.  The top 5 free agent DTs they listed at the time were:

1) Bernard

2) Triplett

3) Chris Hovan

4) Grady Jackson

5) Orpheus Roye

Hovan resigned with Tampa and Bernard with Seattle. We signed the 2nd guy on their list, leaving Roye and Jackson still available??

632419[/snapback]

If we sign Orpheus to we get Trinity and Neo too?

According to most sites I see (tsn.ca is the one I use the most), the top DT available right now is none other than......

Sam Adams

And honestly, i'd much rather have him back than anyone else available right now. He had problems with Mularkey and ran his mouth off, but he got a raw deal last year. I can't believe they kept benching him.

I wish we could bring him back  B-)

632397[/snapback]

Maybe this will make you feel better:

1. Bernard 2. Kemoeatu 3. Triplett 4. Clancy 5. Pickett

Sam's not mentioned. :doh:

632419[/snapback]

Roye had his contract extended by the Browns on March 1 leaving Jackson the only one left on the list. Though I've said in other threads my not wanting him. Those on my original short list from November that are still on the market are Russell Davis and Willie Whitehead.