Ngata- comments on NFL Total Access

BobbyC81

I was watching NFL Total Access on NFL Network and they were reviewing the DTs for the draft. This was Mike Mayock who was at the combine. Interesting that he referred to Ngata as a Pat Williams/Ted Washington type!!

He believes Ngata is versatile to play 3/4 or 4/3 but he commented that depending on who's drafting him and what they want him to do, he may be only a 2-down guy.

Then he talked about Bunkley, who he says is moving up the charts and could be the 1st DT taken. Mayock said he's definitely a 3-down guy and commented about his physique and how cut he is and how quick and fast he is for a guy his size (said he did a sub 5.0 in the 40). Of course, who cares what a DT runs in the 40!!

Based on this, I'm wondering if Bunkley would be the better pick??

Based on this, I'm wondering if Bunkley would be the better pick??

632379[/snapback]

If we hadn't taken Tripplett to be our smaller, penetrating DT; then i'd say we'd take Bunkley.

But since we're looking for the big, run-stuffing guy; it would be Ngata. Bunkley's not even 300 last time I checked.

Still say trade down and take Winston Justice, in round two if you want you can get Wroten who is dropping because he has marijuana in his car. I know the sound of a college kid having dope in his car sounds terrible( laying on thick sarcastic tone), but if those of you remember another DT dropping due to marijuana was Warren Sapp.

I think that Mayock is a great analyst.  I give what he says a lot of credence.

632385[/snapback]

You can't be serious . That sheister!! Mayock snakes a sack, they bring him in for the draft and he's like a 3rd rate Mel Kiper Jr(whom i dont like either, but still is better than MM, bad initials in my opinion). Furthermore, his speach impediment is annoying and once you get past that he doesnt seem to offer much more than say, the sporting news draft guide. Mayock also hates the Bills, the longer I listen to him the more certain of this I am. He has no respect for Buffalo or the organization.

PS: I rarely flame people on the board, but I just think the NFL network needs to get it together and can Mayock.

Still say trade down and take Winston Justice, in round two if you want you can get Wroten who is dropping because he has marijuana in his car. I know the sound of a college kid having dope in his car sounds terrible( laying on thick sarcastic tone), but if those of you remember another DT dropping due to marijuana was Warren Sapp.

632398[/snapback]

Winston Justice wont pass Marv's "High Character" standards as he has some past issues. Wroten should probably be compared to Tyrone Robertson not Warren Sapp.

Winston Justice wont pass Marv's "High Character" standards as he has some past issues. Wroten should probably be compared to Tyrone Robertson not Warren Sapp.

632412[/snapback]

What is wrong with Justices character, havent read or seen anything that says he has bad character, and everything I have read is that Wroten is a gamer.

........if you want you can get Wroten who is dropping because he has marijuana in his car. I know the sound of a college kid having dope in his car sounds terrible( laying on thick sarcastic tone),.......

632398[/snapback]

He is being charged with intent to sell. That's a felony. And with over 2 pounds of the stuff in his car...he isn't going to be able to argue it was for personal use. He is probably looking at some prison time. For a first offense, I would imagine maybe 6 months to 1 year. He won't be playing this fall.

He is being charged with intent to sell.  That's a felony.  And with over 2 pounds of the stuff in his car...he isn't going to be able to argue it was for personal use.  He is probably looking at some prison time.  For a first offense, I would imagine maybe 6 months to 1 year.  He won't be playing this fall.

632438[/snapback]

Charges were dropped in February. This just won't die...

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/apps/pbcs.d...1028/SPORTS0202

You can't be serious .  That sheister!! Mayock snakes a sack, they bring him in for the draft and he's like a 3rd rate Mel Kiper Jr(whom i dont like either, but still is better than MM, bad initials in my opinion).  Furthermore, his speach impediment is annoying and once you get past that he doesnt seem to offer much more than say, the sporting news draft guide.  Mayock also hates the Bills, the longer I listen to him the more certain of this I am.  He has no respect for Buffalo or the organization. 

PS: I rarely flame people on the board, but I just think the NFL network needs to get it together and can Mayock.

632411[/snapback]

I am totally serious. He was great during the combine.

He is being charged with intent to sell.  That's a felony.  And with over 2 pounds of the stuff in his car...he isn't going to be able to argue it was for personal use.  He is probably looking at some prison time.  For a first offense, I would imagine maybe 6 months to 1 year.  He won't be playing this fall.

632438[/snapback]

I am not a lawyer, but I am a corrections officer. While I do see people in prison with marijuana charges it usually is something more then just marijuana charges.

If we hadn't taken Tripplett to be our smaller, penetrating DT; then i'd say we'd take Bunkley.

But since we're looking for the big, run-stuffing guy; it would be Ngata. Bunkley's not even 300 last time I checked.

632391[/snapback]

Bunkley is over 300 lbs. and he is muscle. Ngata is not the right guy for us. Bunkley is a specimen and we be a two way threat, not just a run stopper.

I think its a good idea to look at the DT's in Chicago. Marv always points to that defense and our Coordinator was hired from there.

Their DT's average weight, there are 4, is 305lbs.

Tripplett and Bunkley would average 300lbs. Add in Ron Edwards if resigned, and we are at 307lbs.

Bunkley can play the run. Some think he could be a great NT in the NFL. He is a Bull and can hold his ground, wont get pushed around.

While I put trust in Marv to make the right decision come draft time, I officially want to open up the Winston Justice Band Wagon. Come on we need an Offensive Tackle the one thing this team has needed for a decade is O-Line help, we cant pass up on that anymore and since trading up for D'Brick will be to costly trade down and get the best O-Lineman on a team that has been one of the top two teams in the country since he has been there.

Winston Justice

What is wrong with Justices character, havent read or seen anything that says he has bad character, and everything I have read is that Wroten is a gamer.

632423[/snapback]

Check out his weaknesses. Also he was on NFL total access practically begging GM's to look past his problems. Interesting fact but irrelevant was that he has a bad stuttering problem that he said he was nervous to overcome to be on the show.

Winston Justice

Check out his weaknesses. Also he was on NFL total access practically begging GM's to look past his problems. Interesting fact but irrelevant was that he has a bad stuttering problem that he said he was nervous to overcome to be on the show.

632557[/snapback]

If your worried about a stuttering problem maybe they could put him at a position that he wouldnt have to worry about him talking like left tackle

If your worried about a stuttering problem maybe they could put him at a position that he wouldnt have to worry about him talking like left tackle

632567[/snapback]

No worried about the fact he was suspended for an entire season for off the field issues. Stuttering problem was actually showing toughness that he faced it.