Ngata- comments on NFL Total Access

BobbyC81

pounds), upper-body strength, and arm length. ... Superior athleticism, especially when it comes to adjusting to an inside rush. ... Has had advanced development of pass-protection skills in a pro-style offense. ... Takes good blocking angles. ... Superb footwork, especially when blocking for the run.

Negatives: Despite being athletically gifted, he occasionally has problems handling ultra-fast outside rushers. ... Needs to work on developing greater explosion and taking better advantage of his massive frame

Heisman Trophy winners Reggie Bush and Matt Leinart owe a lot of thanks to Winston Justice. Taken from NFL Network writer Vic Carucci

Still have located nothing about off the field problems

You can't be serious .  That sheister!! Mayock snakes a sack, they bring him in for the draft and he's like a 3rd rate Mel Kiper Jr(whom i dont like either, but still is better than MM, bad initials in my opinion).  Furthermore, his speach impediment is annoying and once you get past that he doesnt seem to offer much more than say, the sporting news draft guide.  Mayock also hates the Bills, the longer I listen to him the more certain of this I am.  He has no respect for Buffalo or the organization. 

PS: I rarely flame people on the board, but I just think the NFL network needs to get it together and can Mayock.

632411[/snapback]

If NFL Network should can anyone it should be Rich Eisen. At least Mayock seems to have a brain where Eisen is a talking head and nothing more.

Is this Winston's agent? Didn't read the link on my post eh? Immature & character is a question after a series of off-the-field incidents which lead to his being suspended for the entire 2004 season.

He is the 2nd best tackle available but there is baggage there. I've seen too many of these guys blow up after they get there big paychecks.

I found a link where he was suspended for two semesters for pulling a toy gun on someone he mistakenly thought was his friend, albeit a bad judgement does not really make him evil. He enjoys playing calypso music, and he boxes in his free time. Besides that one instance I can find nothing but good things written about him.

I want to fill holes in FA, then draft best player available.

632402[/snapback]

Wow. I couldn't agree more. Free agents step in right away. Drafties often take some time to mature. We need to draft based on expected performance over the next five years. I would rather have a lineman than a tight end for example, but I would much rather draft Vernon Davis than Ngata based on what I know. If players are close I would much rather draft towards the trenches and our needs, especially as the draft moves on. But at #8 I want someone we will look back on and say we were lucky to get him. I don't think Ngata will necessarily be better than Sam Adams. Sign big Sam, and take the best player available in the draft.

If we are talking offensive tackles, the two guys I like on Day 1 are Jeremy Trueblood from BC (large kid!) and Daryn Colledge from Boise State. Trueblood could step in from day 1 at left tackle and benefit greatly from Master McNally. Colledge would probably need at least a year and would be a nice fit at right tackle.

If we are talking offensive tackles, the two guys I like on Day 1 are Jeremy Trueblood from BC (large kid!) and Daryn Colledge from Boise State.  Trueblood could step in from day 1 at left tackle and benefit greatly from Master McNally.  Colledge would probably need at least a year and would be a nice fit at right tackle.

632747[/snapback]

I think you're mixing up your O-line. Trueblood is more of a RT and Colledge is more of a LT.

I think we will regret passing on guys like Justice (first choice), Davis or Ngata and taking a guy like Bunkley. Guys that move up during the off-season scare me. Plus when I see him on highlights he does not seem dominant at all. He's not a space eater and appears to have trouble getting by big lineman. Was projected to be a 2nd rounder by guys that do this for a living and now he's being talked about as a possible 8th pick in the draft. Oy. I am by no means a draft expert, but at least Ngata would create some double team match-ups, which could free-up an LB or DE to do some damage. I would be very sad if Bunkley is our pick. Just my 2 cents. Thanks

I found a link where he was suspended for two semesters for pulling a toy gun on someone he mistakenly thought was his friend, albeit a bad judgement does not really make him evil. He enjoys playing calypso music, and he boxes in his free time. Besides that one instance I can find nothing but good things written about him.

632594[/snapback]

It was a pellet gun and it was pulled during a dispute in a parking garage with another student.

What is wrong with Justices character, havent read or seen anything that says he has bad character, and everything I have read is that Wroten is a gamer.

632423[/snapback]

"2004: Justice was slated to start for his third season at right offensive tackle as a junior in 2004. But he was ineligible for 2004 spring practice and the 2004 season because of a student conduct violation [exhibition of a replica firearm] (he did not attend USC during that time), so he redshirted."

"Despite the fact that he has only 6 seasons of football under his belt, he has been compared to a young Art Shell, though not as instinctive or strong, he is very mobile, gaining strength, and learning how to dominate. His character and football intelligence or the only question marks, however they are serious questions."

http://condraft.com/player.php?id=738