So I really gotta ask...Can the excuses stop?

ICE

how is it we are that bad when...

the Jags are 3-0. In that process that Defense has beaten the broncos and now Titans as well as Buffalo?

I mean our OL apperantly sucks so bad right? How is that? I mean the best OL in football is now 0-3 aka the Chiefs. the best damn OL in football with the 2nd best back in all of football is 0-3.

Jacksonvilles D beat the crap out of the 2nd best OL in football and held Denver to LESS points than we scored on them. Hell at least we scored a TD on them!

So I guess what I am seeing is this...

1)Best OL in football is 0-3

2) Jacksonville held the 2nd best OL in football to nothing and to only 6 points.

3) Jacksonville is now 3-0. Including wins against The 2nd best OL in football AND the Titans. the friggin titans folks.

Maybe we aren't as bad and the FANS and MEDIA make us out to be?

Hummm.....

the Jags are 3-0. In that process that Defense has beaten the broncos and now Titans as well as Buffalo? 

I mean our OL apperantly sucks so bad right?  How is that?  I mean the best OL in football is now 0-3 aka the Chiefs.  the best damn OL in football with the 2nd best back in all of football is 0-3.

Jacksonvilles D beat the crap out of the 2nd best OL in football and held Denver to LESS points than we scored on them. Hell at least we scored a TD on them!

2) Jacksonville held the 2nd best OL in football to nothing and to only 6 points.

3) Jacksonville is now 3-0.  Including wins against The 2nd  best OL in football AND the Titans. the friggin titans folks.

Hummm.....

46327[/snapback]

The excuses can only stop once posters like yourself stop making them for this Bills team...

I mean our OL apperantly sucks so bad right?  How is that?  I mean the best OL in football is now 0-3 aka the Chiefs.  the best damn OL in football with the 2nd best back in all of football is 0-3.

3) Jacksonville is now 3-0.  Including wins against The 2nd  best OL in football AND the Titans. the friggin titans folks.

Hummm.....

46327[/snapback]

I agree with you, but I want the Bills to do the talking on the field.

I guess I really fail to see your point. The offense is as bad as we think. I dont solely blame any one individual (except Donahoe, for failing to address key needs).

Our OL is terrible, yes. They fail to adapt, they miss obvious assignments...

Bledsoe is washed up. He has no confidence left, only a strong throwing arm. He proceeds to use that throwing arm by missing wide open receivers, throwing above their heads or at their feet.

We have no full back. Who can block in the backfield? Shelton? Henry? ??? At least with L. Centers, Bledsoe could just throw the ball his way to get rid of it...

We do have one of the best receivers in the game. Unfortunately, there is no real threat otherwise. Josh Reed has fallen of the face of the planet after a strong rookie year, and Lee Evans is being sorely under-utilized. Bobby Shaw is what he is...a decent depth receiver, but nothing more.

The only thing I do wish that this team would utilize more would be more two-back plays. If we dont have a good FB, at least we could throw a few defenses off with the ball going either way...to Willis or Travis. If they dont like sharing time, screw em. Its a team sport, and theyre currently 0-2

I guess I really fail to see your point.  The offense is as bad as we think.  I dont solely blame any one individual (except Donahoe, for failing to address key needs). 

Our OL is terrible, yes.  They fail to adapt, they miss obvious assignments... 

Bledsoe is washed up.  He has no confidence left, only a strong throwing arm.  He proceeds to use that throwing arm by missing wide open receivers, throwing above their heads or at their feet.

We have no full back.  Who can block in the backfield?  Shelton?  Henry? ???  At least with L. Centers, Bledsoe could just throw the ball his way to get rid of it...

We do have one of the best receivers in the game.  Unfortunately, there is no real threat otherwise.  Josh Reed has fallen of the face of the planet after a strong rookie year, and Lee Evans is being sorely under-utilized.  Bobby Shaw is what he is...a decent depth receiver, but nothing more.

The only thing I do wish that this team would utilize more would be more two-back plays.  If we dont have a good FB, at least we could throw a few defenses off with the ball going either way...to Willis or Travis.  If they dont like sharing time, screw em.  Its a team sport, and theyre currently 0-2

46340[/snapback]

If you are going to give us such good posts, please register.

Thanks.

ICE, I'm totally with you on this, but at the same time it's tough to make a strong argument when you're 0-2. I do feel that we have been up against two tough defenses in JAX and OAK, and while our defense has been up to the task as well, the offense still needs to score when the opportunities are there...including not taking sacks to get us out of FG position.

I think the offense WILL improve as the season goes on, but if we're 1-7 or 2-6 at the halfway point, maybe we really ARE that bad. Time will tell. But I agree with you that it's still too early to know for certain if we're really as bad as it seems. I think we're in position to improve.

Hummm.....

46327[/snapback]

Huh? Not to sound condescending, but if you've paid attention to football for the last 10 years you know that the "common opponents" theory is garbage.

We can play that game all day:

The Bills also lost to the Raiders who lost to the Steelers who lost to the Ravens who lost to the Browns who lost the Giants, so we must be worse than the Giants.

And for the record, I'm still not sold on Jacksonville. Nice win today, but without a fluke fumble they still lose at home to that overrated Denver team. I watched some of that Chargers game today and I must say Plummer is no better than Bledsoe.....doesn't mean the Bills are any good though.

IMHO ....... We are as bad as we think we are THIS YEAR in as much as we were as good as we thought we were after week two LAST YEAR. If memory serves me right ......... everyone and their brother thought we were going to the Super Bowl with an undefeated record last year at this point.

But hey our OL sucks right? I mean the top two OL's in the NFL are having as bad to a worse time than us...but only WE Suck....

-------------------------------

KC's D is just awful...awful I say!

Any who said we were the only one's that suck?

Last time I checked Miami sucks and thier O line is horrible, the Browns suck and their O line is horrible, SF sucks and their O line is horrible, Arizona sucks and their O line is horrible, TB sucks and their O line is horrible......does anyone notice a trend??????

KC is an outsider in my opinion. They are better offensively than most teams but if they have to put up 100 points to win they are going to have a hard time doing it.

Just because Denver's O-Line isn't as good as people thought it would be doesn't make Buffalo's any better. O-line's are judged on how well they player, not how well they are ranked. Maybe the loss of Alex Gibbs is being felt in Denver. KC's O-line has played well, but their defense is atrocious, and they still would have won yesterday if it wasn't for Trent Green throwing that god-awful pick.

If you want to talk O-lines, the one that is actually PLAYING the best right now is arguably the Jets and they are 2-0.

Hummm.....

46327[/snapback]

Ice you are right! We are not as bad as everyone wants to say we are. The Titans suck as much as usthen with that logic. The bye week is good for fans in that it can give you some perspective about the NFL as a whole. We tend to be too narrow-sighted when evaluating the Bills.

But they do need to win a damn game and beating the Super Bowl champs with an 18 game winning streak after a bye week would be a huge start!

Hummm.....

46327[/snapback]

Add that to what the Faiders did to the Yucs and there may be some truth to this

Hummm.....

46327[/snapback]

Hmmmm, we are what we are and that is 17-33 the last 50 friggen games.

You wanna know how bad really freaken are. Try 4-12 the last calendar year.

If it's possible we are WORSE than what the fans and media are making us out to be.

Amazing huh?  I mean they bent Tampa over and was yelling "who's your daddy" all night.  Give us the safety that we were robbed and don't call the Non hold and who is yelling "Whos your daddy last week"?  :)

46656[/snapback]

"So I really gotta ask...Can the excuses stop?"

Apparently not. :devil:

BTW, the way they are playing right now, Drew and Brad Johnson are basically interchangeable and their W-L records reflect it.

Hummm.....

46327[/snapback]

The Best OL in football belongs to the Patriots right now....If we can stop

them in our own yard it will be the beginning of something special.

Hummm.....

46327[/snapback]

I think they are 3-0 because their QB avoids the negative plays- something Bledsoe is unable to do- he was never a quick decision maker, and trying to make him into one puts more pressure on him than a pass rush does. Shane Matthews doesnt have the arm he does, and overall isnt as good, but he can make quick decisions, and eliminate the negative plays. I'm all for putting him in.