Now thats a good way to spend your money...LOL!

Redskins | Contract update: T. Collins

Tue, 14 Mar 2006 12:08:45 -0800

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports QB Todd Collins agreed to a two-year, $2.5 million contract with a signing bonus of $450,000 with the Washington Redskins.

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports QB Todd Collins agreed to a two-year, $2.5 million contract with a signing bonus of $450,000 with the Washington Redskins.

629230[/snapback]

I think that's a great signing for them.

629230[/snapback]

Why does Dan Snyder take ALL the heat for all these supposed idiot signings?

Doesn't the almighty head coach Joe Gibbs get any credit?

It's a decent signing for them. Collins has a number of years experience in Al Saunders offense at KC so he can act as a tutor for Jason Campbell.

629248[/snapback]

Wouldn't it make more sense to bring him in as a COADH then?

629230[/snapback]

I wish we kept him, and built a line to block......by the time the team was built up, we could go get another QB, instead of changing signalcallers every other year

629230[/snapback]

With the 104 million dollar cap, this is the equivalent of me buying a Cuban Coffee.

Collins has proven to be a capable backup -- and deserves kudos for hanging around the league for over 10 years now. It's funny to think that he really didn't get much more of a shot here than JP has received up until now.

629361[/snapback]

collins--good guy..nice arm...one of the worst QBs to ever play. I cant imagine him even starting at a rural high school with 72 students.

collins--good guy..nice arm...one of the worst QBs to ever play. I cant imagine him even starting at a rural high school with 72 students.

630106[/snapback]

Collins was not great, but the worst QB to ever play? I would have taken Collins overall performance in 1997 over JP's overall performance in 2005. And, I have not given up the hope that JP can still be a competent starter at some point.

What surprises me more than anything abuot the Bills/Todd Collins experience, is the fact that Marv wrote him off so early.

At his best, starting in place of Kelly in 1996 (IIRC he was 4-0 as a starter, against some decent teams), Collins was the textbook game manager. He threw short, high percentage passes (somehow, I think he had a 5 yard pass to Quinn Early that turned into a 97 yard pass play, still the longest in club history) At that time, that style was not as in vouge as it seems to be now. It wasn't until the following year, the security blanket of Jim Kelly retired, that Collins showed how pedestrian his skills were. He looked like a solid NFL backup.

With the 104 million dollar cap, this is the equivalent of me buying a Cuban Coffee.

629901[/snapback]

The Redskins certainly have made a lot of noise in free agency so far. I think they are overpaying for good football players, instead of great football players. All the guys they signed may be upgrades for them, but do any of these signings make them that much better? As much as I hate TO, he is the one guy that the Redskins might have signed, which would have made them instantly better. I think, overall, this is poor money spent by Snyder. I am not referring to Todd Collins (I think a decent signing for them), but their free agency haul overall...