The Qb moves today could bring Josh McCown

Guys what great lineman are out there right now? My gosh just let Marv do his thing. He isnt stupid. Whats the rush on lineman when there not getting gobbled up. You cant have five players visiting on the same day.

Just because there looking at other players than lineman doesnt mean there not going to get lineman. Get a grip guys. We need players besides lineman on this team.

629225[/snapback]

Yeah, you also can't have all of the WRONG guys visit in one day and expect to improve the friggin line.

The stud should have been in here right away. That's the point. And no, we need lineman. We've needed lineman forever. WE NEED A FUGGIN LINE.

UGH. All of this, after our GM states publicly how important the lines are.

Every time I think of McCown coming in, I remember his last visit 2 years ago, when he acknowledged that he could not throw the football in this climate.

629273[/snapback]

Troy Aikman admitted he had a hard time throwing a wet ball...so what is the point?

Troy Aikman admitted he had a hard time throwing a wet ball...so what is the point?

629338[/snapback]

The point is that if a QB has a problem throwing the football in inclimate weather, then he is not a good fit for our team. Maybe if Aikman had played his career in Buffalo or Green Bay, rather than Dallas, he wouldn't have just been elected to the Hall of Fame.

If McCown comes in JPL needs to be the next to go.  Since that ain't gonna happen (Ralph isn't gonna eat 3 bonuses and a coach in one year) keep dreamin' about McCown...

How about Stephen Neal?  or Tom Ashworth?  or find a way to get Jeff Faine?

629355[/snapback]

Why do you want these lineman? We already got Robert Royal, blocking extraordinaire, and Reggie Wells is coming in? What more could you ask?

My read on it is that it is a mind game. We need a #3 QB. Marv wants Losman and Holcomb to be ready to compete, and nothing is handed to them.

629291[/snapback]

Hmmm. Did you mean we need a #3 or a 3rd QB to compete? Personally, I think we still need to find a #1 QB.

I think Losman's last 2 years have been such a disaster he won't be ready to "compete" for the starting job at training camp. If we don't bring in another starter, then I think Losman needs most of the reps with the first team in preseason. If he's not progressing by the 3rd preseason game we can bring in Holcomb to prepare to open the season. Preseason snaps will be way more valuable to Losman than Holcomb.

If Holcomb starts the season after a truly open competition in preseason, I'm not even convinced Losman will be ready to be our #2. At least if Losman gets the majority of the reps and still gets demoted he will be more ready to step in during the season.

Hmmm.  Did you mean we need a #3 or a 3rd QB to compete?  Personally, I think we still need to find a #1 QB. 

I think Losman's last 2 years have been such a disaster he won't be ready to "compete" for the starting job at training camp.  If we don't bring in another starter, then I think Losman needs most of the reps with the first team in preseason.  If he's not progressing by the 3rd preseason game we can bring in Holcomb to prepare to open the season.  Preseason snaps will be way more valuable to Losman than Holcomb.

If Holcomb starts the season after a truly open competition in preseason, I'm not even convinced Losman will be ready to be our #2.  At least if Losman gets the majority of the reps and still gets demoted he will be more ready to step in during the season.

629410[/snapback]

I don't think we need a 3rd to compete at all. I was just saying what I think Marv is talking about as a motivator for his players. IMO there is a 95% chance that Losman will start the season at QB and I think there is zero question that is the right thing to do for the team in the shoret and long term. I don't think they should even discuss mcCown let alone call him or get him in.

Like him or not, McCown won games with ARI last season where Warner was losing. The kid has a lot of heart and his teammates will play for him.

He's quite the opposite of JP in that regard, where the team quit on JP in Buffalo, they followed McCown to wins in Arizona.

Being able to lead men is a HUGE part of being a QB and a definite area JP needs to work on - from what I've seen McCown is farther along in that regard though I'd argue JP is more talented physically.

Remember Josh threw for 398 yards against CAROLINA last season...they are a TOP NOTCH pass d. JP barely threw for 398 years in the entire season.

Mcown makes the most sense.  Kerry Collins is still available. (Stop it!  I'm not a big Collins fan, but is is a decent proven starting QB, which is more than i can say for the guys we got).

629204[/snapback]

Collins is more of a statute than Drew. :doh:

bring in McCown

Like him or not, McCown won games with ARI last season where Warner was losing. The kid has a lot of heart and his teammates will play for him.

He's quite the opposite of JP in that regard, where the team quit on JP in Buffalo, they followed McCown to wins in Arizona.

Being able to lead men is a HUGE part of being a QB and a definite area JP needs to work on - from what I've seen McCown is farther along in that regard though I'd argue JP is more talented physically.

Remember Josh threw for 398 yards against CAROLINA last season...they are a TOP NOTCH pass d. JP barely threw for 398 years in the entire season.

629499[/snapback]

Well, McCown engineered three wins last year, at home against The 49ers, against the Titans when he threw for 140 yards, and against the Eagles in week 17 when they were in the midst of completely falling apart and losing 8 of their last 10.

Well, McCown engineered three wins last year, at home against The 49ers, against the Titans when he threw for 140 yards, and against the Eagles in week 17 when they were in the midst of completely falling apart and losing 8 of their last 10.

629569[/snapback]

Oh, get with the program here.

Sheesh.

My read on it is that it is a mind game. We need a #3 QB. Marv wants Losman and Holcomb to be ready to compete, and nothing is handed to them. It also sends a message to other players on the team like Bennie Anderson and Posey and maybe Vincent that their jobs are not annointed. They talk to McCown's agent and maybe even bring him in here but they have a VERY lowball offer in mind. If he falls for it, great, we have a guy with some talent and potential if Losman flops. We know what we have in Holcomb as a back-up. That said, I think there is zero chance that we offer McCown any serious contract or a shot to start.

629291[/snapback]

The fact that Anderson and Posey are still around exemplifies how far we still have to go in shaping this team.

Every time I think of McCown coming in, I remember his last visit 2 years ago, when he acknowledged that he could not throw the football in this climate.

629273[/snapback]

he did have a bad day ...... I have 1 question for the people that want McCown ,why is he looking for a job ??????? wake up people HE sucks

If McCown comes in JPL needs to be the next to go.  Since that ain't gonna happen (Ralph isn't gonna eat 3 bonuses and a coach in one year) keep dreamin' about McCown...

How about Stephen Neal?  or Tom Ashworth?  or find a way to get Jeff Faine?

629355[/snapback]

What three bonuses and coach did Ralph eat?

Williams was cut before he was paid his 7 million bonus.

meathead quit so Ralph isn't paying him.

Moulds is still with the team.

So I for one cannot think of a huge bonus that Ralph ate.