I had lunch with Marv at Arby's today

Yeah - I wanted it to be good, but was honestly disappointed.  The place does have character...and characters!

Don't know 'bout Schwabl's, but Marv just loves Eckl's - his pictures from the old Levy Era are all over the place.

626992[/snapback]

Eckl's works...and I can see Marv there.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fug that, aren't most of here long time Bills watchers?  Not trying to rag on VaBills or anything but he was able to note ONE game (cinci) where Anderson didn't play like complete sh*t.  If it COST us 800k rather than saving it I would still want to cut that fat turd.

626427[/snapback]

It's one thing to watch a game, its another to analyze a players play in a game. Not saying VABills is an expert or has an eye for it, but those who have the luxury of reviewing game tape get to see 95% of what we all miss during live play.

Fug that, aren't most of here long time Bills watchers?  Not trying to rag on VaBills or anything but he was able to note ONE game (cinci) where Anderson didn't play like complete sh*t.  If it COST us 800k rather than saving it I would still want to cut that fat turd.

626427[/snapback]

Well, at least you're open to suggestion. :(

Our free agency plan:

C Mike Flanagan (Packers, UFA)

RT Jon Runyan (Eagles, UFA)

DE Kalimba Edwards (Lions, UFA)

DT Damione Lewis (Rams, UFA)

SS - Tank Williams (Titans, UFA)

WR Eric Moulds (restructure)

CB Nate Clements (sign to long term deal)

LB Jeff Posey (snip!)

LG Bennie Anderson (snip!)

FB Daimon Shelton (snip!)

This plan allows us to plug all the roster holes BEFORE the draft, so we focus completely on the best player available strategy.

PS: I had the Cordon Bleu. Marv had the standard roast beefer.

626389[/snapback]

I call bullshtt! Marv is a vegitarian, and a PETA supporter! :)

Its a good thing that arby's doesn't serve actual meat.

626804[/snapback]

When they first started out in the late 60's, they actually sliced cooked beef as opposed to homogenized cow loaf. :) In Bflo in the winter, they sold hot apple cider with a cinnamon stick. Very nice.

The Roy Roger's franchise organization - there's only a handful of them left, continued to use authentic roast beef - at least the last I visited one - 5 years or so.

Arby's regular fries are pretty good, though - I think they still fry 'em in animal fat. Forget their ersatz curly fries - extruded turds with mediocre, overpowering spicing.

Their hot ham 'n swiss sandwich is not bad. Give it a try.

You don't like the curly fries? thats one of the main reasons I like going there. I don't care if its sliced cook beef or homginized cow loaf, I'll eat it.

627417[/snapback]

OK! We all have different tastes... :D

But a whole potatoe with skin, scived and fried vs. formed mash... :):w00t:

Try their ham 'n swiss...pretty good IMO.

IMPORTANT UPDATE:

I had dinner with Levy last night at Red Lobster.

Here's a small update of his free agency list:

QB Craig Nall, Packers (revenge for the Pickett steal?)

C Mike Flanagan, Packers (more revenge for the Pickett steal?)

LT Jason Fabini, Jets

DE Kalimba Edwards, Lions

DE Ryan Denney

DT Russell Davis, Cards

SS Tank Williams, Titans

Also, Moulds will be kept and will be forced to STFU about his !@#$ing contract.

Edwards will not be re-signed. Nor will Reed or Kevin Thomas or Joe Burns.

Who will we draft with our #8 pick? It's currently a toss-up between Vernon Davis and Hawk! Ngata and Huff are still real possibilities, depending on the injury status of Tank and Russell and whether they sign with us. Look for a center or guard with our second rounder.

PS: Levy (quite fittingly) ordered the Admiral's Feast platter, while I enjoyed some lobster. Tony Soprano was in the booth behind us, secretly taking notes. Tom Donahoe was our waiter - he did a good job, and was tipped quite generously.

PS: Levy (quite fittingly) ordered the Admiral's Feast platter, while I enjoyed some lobster. Tony Soprano was in the booth behind us, secretly taking notes. Tom Donahoe was our waiter - he did a good job, and was tipped quite generously.

632225[/snapback]

Did you get to ride the coatails of his Senior discount?

I love how in both meals Marv mentions guys that have been signed already. It gives both stories so much credibility.

632264[/snapback]

I'm actually more bothered by the low-level chain restaurants. :doh:

I love how in both meals Marv mentions guys that have been signed already. It gives both stories so much credibility.

632264[/snapback]

??? Explain yourself, please. Damione Lewis is the only name I listed who is now signed (right?), and he signed after I posted.

Hey, I can't help it if Levy doesn't stick to his word at the dinner table. Maybe his judgement becomes clouded after a few rounds of free garlic biscuits?

??? Explain yourself, please. Damione Lewis is the only name I listed who is now signed (right?), and he signed after I posted.

Hey, I can't help it if Levy doesn't stick to his word at the dinner table. Maybe his judgement becomes clouded after a few rounds of free garlic biscuits?

632351[/snapback]

And why Levy signed three players who weren't mentioned in your list? Does he not like you and not want to tell you his real plan?