This video has changed my mind about who I...

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm all about Michael Huff. I think if we can get 1-2 free agent starters on the O-Line (Runyan or Shaffer and Mawae or Hartwing...whatever combo we can get) and then another starting DT (Pickett), selecting Huff would be great for us. The guy is just a beast...one of the preview mags already out said it best by describing him as "The best CB, FS and SS in the Draft". Could fit us perfectly.

Actually, that video shows his BEST attribute...check out his ability to anticipate plays. Right when the ball is snapped...BAM...there he is in perfect position.

This is the only time I have seen Huff play ball. If Huff tackles high like that in the NFL the RB's and WR's will eat him alive.

622987[/snapback]

Frez is right about the tackling, he's got to start getting lower than that or he's going to get run over a lot at the next level. Besides that though, this kid is a PLAYMAKER and looks pretty damn explosive on the field. The tackling can be fixed in my opinion, if there is one thing Nate and TM did exceptionally well this year it was tackle and help in run support and I think Huffs tackling can be corrected. All in all, pretty impressive but so was the Vernon Davis Video. As I've said before, we have so many holes on this team, I'd be happy with Ngata, Davis, Huff, or trading down and taking Bunckley or Hali (and picking up at least another 2nd).

I know Vernon Davis is good and all, but the Bills have Kevin Everett and Tim Euhus.  With that being said the Bills need a playmaker in the defensive backfield, and the perfect guy for that job is... MICHAEL HUFF!http://media.putfile.com/Michael-Huff-Highlight-Film

622982[/snapback]

HMMNN where have I heard this before??? :rolleyes:

Hes a great player but at the number 8 spot?  He would be my last choice out of the big 3 (Davis, Ngata, Brick) at number 8.

Any chance that we could steal Buckner in the second?

622986[/snapback]

I'd love Huff, 2nd to D'brick. I dont think that 8 is too high to take him.

By Buckner, do you mean bunkley? Is so, no way bunkley lasts until the 2nd round. I think he'll be gone by picks 12-15.

If teams in the NFL ever start running the option Huff is the CB I want on the strong side defending it!

Otherwise I saw nothing in that vid that made me think I want this guy playing center field for the Bills. The D is going to be playing a lot of cover 2 this year while Huff looks like a guy that would do well playing SS near the LoS in a Greg Williams type D. Milloy was bad last year but if that was the type of S Jauron wanted I doubt he would have let Milloy go.

I was thinking the same exact thing while watching him tackle. Every tackle was high and none of them were big hits. After saying that, it seemed like he was in position to make the plays right from the snap. I am officailly jumping on the Michael Huff bandwagon, we need more playmakers. We can get 1 D-Lineman in the 3rd, 1-2 in Free agency, and with our 2nd rounder get an O-Lineman and get another O-lineman in free agency.

This is the only time I have seen Huff play ball. If Huff tackles high like that in the NFL the RB's and WR's will eat him alive.

622987[/snapback]

I thought the same thing. It's not only that he's tackling high but he has ZERO form. The majority of the tackles were hand/grab tackles and he didn't appear to want to initiate contact with his body. Like you said NFL players will eat that technique up.

I'd love Huff, 2nd to D'brick. I dont think that 8 is too high to take him.

By Buckner, do you mean bunkley? Is so, no way bunkley lasts until the 2nd round. I think he'll be gone by picks 12-15.

623016[/snapback]

I know I'm asking a homer :rolleyes: but who would you compare Buckner to? I didn't see him play at all this year and I am totally ignorant of his ability.

I thought the same thing. It's not only that he's tackling high but he has ZERO form. The majority of the tackles were hand/grab tackles and he didn't appear to want to initiate contact with his body. Like you said NFL players will eat that technique up.

623056[/snapback]

All of the tackles looked like high tackles with a few looking like borderline horsecollar tackles. Great anticipation, good nose for the ball, but didnt see any startling coverage clips, mostly line of scrimmage/ anticipation plays.

huff can hit and can tackle, just watch some games of texas.

he is a safety with top corner speed (4.3 and change) and great hands and coverage skills.

he has the upside of a guy like ed reed. did you see how he blocked those punts?

the comment above about him needing to be close to the LOS is as far from right as you can get.

huff is easily the best corner in the draft, if you have him locked up on a back, a TE, or a slot WR you don't have the disadvantage that all but one or two guys in the NFL give you.

i'll take him or other guys, but i won't be sad if he is our guy at number 8.

As much as I really really want the Bills to take Duke Davis, I have to admit that Huff could make alot of sense. I could see him starting at Safety (either FS or SS) his rookie year and then possibly taking over for Nate Clements at CB the following year if a deal cannot be worked out. The only reason I don't like Huff is that in the cover-2, safeties are not THAT important (not important enough to spend a #8 overall on in my opinion). With that said, here is my current Bills Draft Board (keep in mind this is just a listing of players, and has nothing to do with the reality that they will or will not be there at #8, as most of them will not be).

1) D'Brickashaw Ferguson

2) Mario Williams

3) Duke Davis

4) Michael Huff

5) AJ Hawk

6) Haloti Ngata

7) Broderick Bunkley

I've said it before and i'll say it again, the Bills should trade down and get Broderick Bunkley!

The way i see it is that the Detroit Lions pick immediately after the Bills and they will more than likely be looking at quarterbacks. So we trade down with a team who wants a quarterback like Cutler or Young, which ever falls that low, and we extort picks out of them the way the Patriots and Jaguars extorted picks out of us.

Ultimately the Bills would have to fall to around 12-15 overall, and then we get Bunkley and we have another pick in a later round that we could put to good use on a safety, center, tight end, or a stud defensive end.

If you are rebuilding your team i think this is the way you need to go.