Kirby Puckett passes on...

Buftex

He seemed like a truely nice guy...RIP Kirby

619621[/snapback]

I know a lot of negative stuff came out about him a few years ago, but he was an easy guy to root for. For such a big guy, he was a great fielder, and a very good hitter. It seems like guys who do both are becoming a rarity these days...

I will admitt, I am not the biggest baseball fan anymore, but Kirby was in his prime when my enjoyment of baseball was at its' highest (early 90's). He was a blast to watch. I still remember how he carried the Twins on his back for those two championships...

was there ever any rumours of steroid use??

619608[/snapback]

I guess when someone younger passes away from a stroke (especially in this steriod age) that kinda of thought enters your mind. But did you ever see Kirby Puckett? He wasn't exactly a phyiscal specimen. He was a little round guy who got the most out of his abilities. He was a great player who I believe had a very difficult upbringing. It's so sad because he had a roung last couple of years. First, he has to retire because he goes blind in one eye and then he gets falsely accused of sexual harassment. I hope he is finally at peace. :blink: