While we're waiting, let's laugh at

Scalp 'em! :huh:

Cincinnati Enquirer 03/05/06 - Mark Curnutte

"WASHINGTON WATCHERS: A group of the small-market owners is keeping an eye on how NFL commissioner Paul Tagliabue might punish the Washington Redskins.

If no extension is reached in the collective bargaining agreement by 10 p.m. today, the salary cap will be $94.5 million for the 2006 season. Several owners believe the Redskins can't get under a $98 million cap because they have so much amortization left on signing bonuses.

The Redskins remain in a dire situation even after saving $3 million on a reworked contract for quarterback Mark Brunell. The club faces a hefty fine and/or forfeiture of draft picks. Coach Joe Gibbs might have to field a team of minimum-salary players and rookies."

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art.../603050409/1078

Scalp 'em!    ;)

Cincinnatti Enquirer 03/05/06 - Mark Curnutte

"WASHINGTON WATCHERS: A group of the small-market owners is keeping an eye on how NFL commissioner Paul Tagliabue might punish the Washington Redskins.

If no extension is reached in the collective bargaining agreement by 10 p.m. today, the salary cap will be $94.5 million for the 2006 season. Several owners believe the Redskins can't get under a $98 million cap because they have so much amortization left on signing bonuses.

The Redskins remain in a dire situation even after saving $3 million on a reworked contract for quarterback Mark Brunell. The club faces a hefty fine and/or forfeiture of draft picks. Coach Joe Gibbs might have to field a team of minimum-salary players and rookies."

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art.../603050409/1078

618485[/snapback]

Living in Foreskins country, I despise them, their smug fans, and that little douchebag, Dumb Snyder, second only to the dolfags. These jokers have been playing with fire for years. Cripple 'em good Tags! :huh::D:D:D

Yeah I remember that as well...2nd or 3rd rounder I think it was for being over the cap.

618498[/snapback]

Dever lost a 3rd rounder, but i think it was mroe for trying to circumvent the cap that outright ignoring it. It was something along the lines of them illegally paying bonuses i think.

Theres a part of me that almost doesnt want to see a deal get done, just so people like snyder dont get bailed out, and they get whats coming to them.

It will be interesting to see what the penalty is for being over the cap. Is there any written rules right now?

618494[/snapback]

I seem to recall that there was a rule in place that says a team loses a pick, and is fined, for every day that it is over the cap. I don't know how it would work in this situation.

Danny's response will be "You can't do that to me; I'm special. It's only a matter of time until I buy my championship, whether you like it or not."

I used to enjoy going to Redskins games, until Snyder came along, never caring much who won them and always watching the Bills score. But this sleazebag organization is one many in the DC area, myself included, refuse to waste their time on. I hope the 'skins get what they deserve. Poor Joe Gibbs, who deserves better.

See what the skins fans are saying.

Message Board

618540[/snapback]

Visiting a site like that makes me give thanks, once again, to Fearless Leader for keeping this site so clean and easy-to-read. That is visual rettata over there..

Visiting a site like that makes me give thanks, once again, to Fearless Leader for keeping this site so clean and easy-to-read.  That is visual rettata over there..

618543[/snapback]

between the f'ed up colors and the damn graphical sigs, i almost had an epileptic seizure from clicking on that link.

Thanks again Scott for the great board!

between the f'ed up colors and the damn graphical sigs, i almost had an epileptic seizure from clicking on that link.

Thanks again Scott for the great board!

618548[/snapback]

I dunno... I found the electric yellow, the orange, the reds, the blacks, the stark whites rather soothing... you didn't? :huh:

I dunno... I found the electric yellow, the orange, the reds, the blacks, the stark whites rather soothing... you didn't?  :huh:

618563[/snapback]

What about the avatar situation? Yikes!

i dont think there should be a penalty.....................i think the redskins should be forced to comply and cut every player they have to and meet the salary cap.noone should feel the slightest bit sorry for these guys ,they knew when they were in win mode now status and signing crazy contracts that at some point it would catch up with them...to quote flounder in animal house."oh boy is this great!"..........go bills in'06

See what the skins fans are saying.

Message Board

618540[/snapback]

Wow they are pretty optimistic that they are going to be alright, either that or just really brain dead to what is going on right now in the NFL. If we were in their shoes, no doubt what the consensus around here would be.........DOOMED. Anybody interested in any Redskins as potential free agnets, looks like everyone down to the waterboy might be available :huh:;):D