Why don't you just cut........

sven233

Vincent

Milloy

Posey

Fletcher

Moulds (yeah....i know...pretty much gone already)

Anderson

Gandy

Teague (gone to FA anyways)

Villerial

Shelton

That way we can just start over completely. I mean, we are going to go 3-13 anyways this year, why not rebuild completely? Makes sense.

I just hated the fact that it is looking like the season is over before we even hit minicamp.

Yeah.....I'd rather suffer through 1 more TERRIBLE/PATHETIC year and right the ship so that in 2 years when Losman (or whoever the QB) is ready and Evans is approaching his prime that we can make a run.......

Honestly, I'd cut everyone on that list above except for Fletcher.  TD brought in name players but few of them lived up to expectations for longer than a single season.

615153[/snapback]

I would as well. All but Fletcher & maybe Gandy on that list contributed in a negative manner to a 5-11 season, and none have upside, only downside.

Cut Fletcher? he was one of the only guys on the D that looked like he came to play every week. He is also a leader in the locker room and on the field. Why don't we just cut spikes too, he didn't do much for us last year

615149[/snapback]

agreed, you can't cut Fletcher, even in a strange cut everyone senario such as this one.

Maybe not - CLE cut something like half of their '04 club and ended up 6 - 10 last season.

The B'gals did pretty much the same in '02 and ended up 8 -8 in '03.

615150[/snapback]

I got the impression that the Brownies wanted to "blow it all up" w/ ownership's blessing. Considering how involved Ralph Wilson is in personnel matters involving these players (see Eric Moulds), I don't know if the Bills would do anything similar.

We can dream though.

I love Flethcher.....don't get me wrong. He was out MVP last year. BUT, since we are heading nowhere next year anyways, and given the fact that he isn't getting any younger.....I just didn't know if he was even going to be with us in a couple more years when we hope to make a run.....

That's all. I'm not cutting him because of his play.....just because I don't think he will be the same player in a couple years. That's all...

Honestly, I'd cut everyone on that list above except for Fletcher.  TD brought in name players but few of them lived up to expectations for longer than a single season.

615153[/snapback]

Wait, you would not want to keep Shelton to remind us of the glorious 3rd and goal from the 8 yard line 1 yard screen passes? :D

I love Flethcher.....don't get me wrong.  He was out MVP last year.  BUT, since we are heading nowhere next year anyways, and given the fact that he isn't getting any younger.....I just didn't know if he was even going to be with us in a couple more years when we hope to make a run.....

That's all.  I'm not cutting him because of his play.....just because I don't think he will be the same player in a couple years.  That's all...

615167[/snapback]

Then we can cut him in a couple of years when his play merits it. As it stands now, he's our best defensive player...and probably will be next season as well.

I would as well. All but Fletcher & maybe Gandy on that list contributed in a negative manner to a 5-11 season, and none have upside, only downside.

615160[/snapback]

Letting all of them go wouldn't bother me at all. The worst that can happen...you lose with them, you lose without them.

Vincent

Milloy

Posey

Fletcher

Moulds (yeah....i know...pretty much gone already)

Anderson

Gandy

Teague (gone to FA anyways)

Villerial

Shelton

That way we can just start over completely.  I mean, we are going to go 3-13 anyways this year, why not rebuild completely?  Makes sense.

I just hated the fact that it is looking like the season is over before we even hit minicamp.

Remove Fletcher and Gandy, and maybe Vincent since Clump says he only saves $800K if released, and add Burns, Campbell, Neufeld, Wire and you've got something. No one on that list kills the Bills if he's gone, but replacements NEED to be found for Moulds, Milloy, Vincent (if cut), Villarrial, and Shelton (shouldn't be hard). Maybe Posey if Spikes can't come back. And if the new CBA doesn't happen, there will be some GOOD players out there.

If you wait to cut him, you will probably not save any money on the cap in the future (you will be paying for a guy that is no longer here.....ie. Moulds). That's all.......

I guess I am just frustrated. It just seems that they are all making this harder than it really is. Are you telling me that Seattle who went to the Superbowl this year.........the same team that the Bills smoked just 2 seasons ago......is that much better than the Bills? I just don't get it. It just seems that in today's NFL you can get better quickly. Instead, we have been going backwards the last 6 or 7 years. There just seems to be no progress.....

I would not be opposed, provided we keep gandy and fletcher. With a lot of good players that are going to be jobless in the next 24 hrs, we could assemble a decent team for the long run.

I would not be opposed, provided we keep gandy and fletcher. With a lot of good players that are going to be jobless in the next 24 hrs, we could assemble a decent team for the long run.

I don't see agents accepting deals for more than 2 years, i.e. to cover 2006 and the uncapped 2007 when the UFA requirement jumps to 6 years served. Then after that it's a free-for-all.

You gotta play next season. Keep Vincent, Milloy, Fletcher and Posey, fix the lines and cut Vincent, Milloy and Posey next season. The three of them are very average in their positions and we don't have anyone to fill in for the year. Fletcher, I've always considered somewhere between good and very good and it would not make ANY sense to cut him. I don't think we need all that much to be contenders. I don't understand the Adams move, but I'll give ML the benefit of the doubt and assume he knows more about Adams ability than I do. Lat week I said we were one DT and two offensive linemen away from being in contention for a playoff berth, and this week we are TWO DT's and two OL's away, but with a cartload of money freed up. Let's see how this plays out.

You gotta play next season.  Keep Vincent, Milloy, Fletcher and Posey, fix the lines and cut Vincent, Milloy and Posey next season.  The three of them are very average in their positions and we don't have anyone to fill in for the year. Fletcher, I've always considered somewhere between good and very good and it would not make ANY sense to cut him. I don't think we need all that much to be contenders.  I don't understand the Adams move, but I'll give ML the benefit of the doubt and assume he knows more about Adams ability than I do.  Lat week I said we were one DT and two offensive linemen away from being in contention for a playoff berth, and this week we are TWO DT's and two OL's away, but with a cartload of money freed up.  Let's see how this plays out.

615201[/snapback]

What about Angelo Crowell? Do we reward him for his very solid play by sending him right to the bench? He's younger, he's more of a playmaker than Posey is and we re-signed him to a long-term deal. Even though he started at Spikes position last year, I think he desrves a shot at Posey's job and would allow us to ditch Jeff to get some more money to fix our O-Line.

Cut Fletcher? he was one of the only guys on the D that looked like he came to play every week. He is also a leader in the locker room and on the field. Why don't we just cut spikes too, he didn't do much for us last year

615149[/snapback]

It's true you don't cut London , he's a good MLB :D

All will be well if we draft your beloved D'Brick.

615476[/snapback]

Ah, now you are all catching on! Well, he is not the be all-end all, but he would be a giant step in the right direction!