Who will Moulds end up playing for?

Out of the AFC, hopefully.

But if he´s gone I hope Marv is classy and smart enough to let him walk gracefully, with a PC involved or something, thanking him for his time in Buffalo.

The last Buffalo Icons (Henry Jones, Ruben Brown, Thurman, Reed) left the team in bad terms.

Panthers.

He will give them a great option beside steve smith

614130[/snapback]

He would be terriffic there. With the lack of WR depth in the draft and limited FA WRs, EM would do well most anywhere. He'll be a wanted man. Put him in KC. A nice fit there. Moulds, Kennison and Parker. Gonzo and LJ. Green pitching. Terriffic OL. I wonder how the loss of OC Saunders will affect this offense. It certainly is a talented group. Herm will probably find a way to derail the train, however.

Some of the people on this board are going to find out the hard way just how important EM has been to this team (and to Lee Evans) -- especially if he ends up with the Pats. That would be especially painful.

At least, he will not end up with the Dolphins now that MM is there.

Some of the people on this board are going to find out the hard way just how important EM has been to this team (and to Lee Evans) -- especially if he ends up with the Pats.  That would be especially painful.

At least, he will not end up with the Dolphins now that MM is there.

614145[/snapback]

I agree. All things being equal, and depending on how his offers may vary, why wouldn't he want to go to NE? Whether they pay him a nickel more or less, beating up on your old team is a great motivator. In a well oiled machine like the Pats, EM would excel.

Probably depends on what he wants. The Pats will not be the team that offers him the most money, but if he wants to have a shot at a title and a chance to face the Bills twice a year then yes. Maybe the Eagles but my guess is going to be Denver.

(TO will be in KC)

Probably depends on what he wants. The Pats will not be the team that offers him the most money, but if he wants to have a shot at a title and a chance to face the Bills twice a year then yes. Maybe the Eagles but my guess is going to be Denver.

(TO will be in KC)

614160[/snapback]

That's just it. I don't know that the descrepency between his highest offer and his lowest will necassarily determine will he will play. I think he'd take a little less to go to a contender. That's not to say that he wouldn't be a good fit in Denver, he would, IMO. And yes, Denver qualifies as a contender, but which QB would you rather play catch with? I just have a feeling. I hope I'm wrong.

My guess would also be the Eagles, 'cause they have cap room, are (or were) a Superbowl contender, and need to replace Owens - only I hope it's a trade for players and/or draft picks, rather than releasing him and getting nothing.

That said, I still think (and hope) Moulds will end up playing for the Bills.

edit: Plus, if the Bills trade EM, rather than just cut him, then the Bills have some say in where lands, and I'd rather see him with the Eagles than in the AFC East.

He would be terriffic there. With the lack of WR depth in the draft and limited FA WRs, EM would do well most anywhere. He'll be a wanted man. Put him in KC. A nice fit there. Moulds, Kennison and Parker. Gonzo and LJ. Green pitching. Terriffic OL. I wonder how the loss of OC Saunders will affect this offense. It certainly is a talented group. Herm will probably find a way to derail the train, however.

614143[/snapback]

How do you expect the Chiefs to pay 5M for a aging WR when they are 12-15M

over the cap ?

I can't see the Patriots and Eagles signing him to big contracts either...These

are two teams that manage their cap very well......

May be the Redskins throw big money at him....but again they are 27M over

the cap.....Couple of possibility is Jacksonville or Denver

How do you expect the Chiefs to pay 5M for a aging WR when they are 12-15M

over the cap ?

I can't see the Patriots and Eagles signing him to big contracts either...These

are two teams that manage their cap very well......

May be the Redskins throw big money at him....but again they are 27M over

the cap.....Couple of  possibility is  Jacksonville or Denver

614263[/snapback]

...which leads to another question: how much is Moulds going to get on the FA market?

He's aging--but an old guy like Muhammed got a fat deal last year. And this year's WR market probably is a little thin.

But I don't think the super bowl calibur teams will overpay for him, like the Eagles and Pats. If ends up going to those teams, it will probably be for the same money we're offering him with the restructure--$3 mill per range or less.