Best Bills plan yet

LevysEraII

I'm down on Ngata now, and I think that the draft is deep enough that the Bills can select one in round 2 if needed. Obviously addressing the lines in FA is the way to go, allowing the Bills to take Davis at #8.

However the guy I'd make a strong push for is Mario Williams. The guy has sick numbers and would be a pass-rushing terror for opposing teams. It would take a move up to the top-5 at least and would take more than just the points difference (i.e. a premium), but I'd be working that trade until he was selected, and then take Davis.

I'm down on Ngata now, and I think that the draft is deep enough that the Bills can select one in round 2 if needed.  Obviously addressing the lines in FA is the way to go, allowing the Bills to take Davis at #8.

However the guy I'd make a strong push for is Mario Williams.  The guy has sick numbers and would be a pass-rushing terror for opposing teams.  It would take a move up to the top-5 at least and would take more than just the points difference (i.e. a premium), but I'd be working that trade until he was selected, and then take Davis.

613773[/snapback]

Yeah I used to be high on the guy, but now I'm not for some reason. Mario Williams is probably the only garunteed addition (in that he would not be a bust) to our team. I'd love it if we got him. Bruce Smith v2.

If you wanna win now, you fix the lines through FA and make a couple of your late first day picks and second day picks lineman cause thats what the bills need most. In the first round you take the best available player who can come in and possibly help you immediately.

A pick in the top 10 is going to cost some serious money to sign so you want to make sure he will make an impact and not be Mike Williams.

TE is a postion of need for the bills since we haven't had one for a while and this Vernon Davis guy sounds like he can be the real deal.

Ngata is the pick if he is there....but if not, davis is sure hard to pass up.  Still, u just can't do it.  YOU JUST CAN'T!!  Davis is a luxury player, we have real needs on this football team.

613630[/snapback]

You are so right. Davis would be tempting, just not the priority. In my perfect world, it's Brick or Mario. Since that's not happening, we should go Ngata. But damn........Davis sure would be a treat to watch.

Not true. Davis is a game changer. Not a luxury player. BTW, TE is a need. KE was drafted by the last regime. Who knows how the new guys feel about him and he is injury prone.

613638[/snapback]

If you could promise me Shaffer and Bentley, then Davis would be a great selection, otherwise the priority has to be the trenches.

I'm not sold on it. We have taken chances on too many offensive skill position players. McGahee, Losman, Parish, Everett, and Evans. Thats enough O! Let's let these kids grow and show us what they got! Meanwhile lets also give them the tools to win. Meaning aquiring players that might not sell jersey's and get on the highlight reel but WILL be the reason the Bills are successful!

V Davis is a sure thing just like M Williams! Come on you just never know with draft picks. I'm saying we've already take chances on young offensive talent. Our franchise has already taken hits, would you like to look like the Lions taking Charles Rodgers, WR from Texas, and then Mike Williams. Come on do you really think Marv and Dick would do that!? Yea right!

At first I thought it would be a good idea to let EM walk. But when I saw the kind've numbers Vernon Davis put up at the combine I began to think about how sick Buffalo's offense could be with Davis, Moulds, Evans, Parrish, Everett and McGahee could be!!! How to you strategize against a team that can field a basic I Formation or 3 WR set with a TE and a back or a 2 TE set with a back and 2 WR or a 2 TE set with 3 WR's or... You get the point.

Then you use the rest of the draft and free agency to plug in some holes on both lines and there you have it. A productive and potentially great offseason.

613605[/snapback]

Here is how you defend them:

Rush the QB because their line still stinks so bad that they could have God at Wideout and still never get him the ball.

Not if you bring in the right lineman via draft and free agency. Blitz up the middle and leave all of those guys man to man?? It would be more like, blitz up the middle and get burned!. Like Marv used to say, "Thank You for the blitz!!!!!!"

613634[/snapback]

where are all these magic free agent olineman gonna come from?????????????? steve hutchinson got tagged and everybody wants leecharles bently...name the others that are available.no the bills are not in a position to draft tight ends.we drafted one in the 3rd round last season.this team needs to spend the next 3 seasons drafting linebackers and offensive lineman and defensive tackles.tight end is a luxury pick.something td would do....go bills in'06

!

V Davis is a sure thing just like M Williams! 

613833[/snapback]

I am just wondering how many guys have seen Davis play. I am a diehard Terp fan, watch 8 to 9 games a year. Davis is a special talent, but I am not 100% convinced hes a no brainer. I said it in other threads, boy does not like or want to block.

And plaese remember he plays in the ACC, and while I am an ACC guy through and through, his really big games games came agaisn't mostlt sister of the poor D's.

Like I said, I think the kid has ton of potential, is gunna be hard for linebackers to stay with him and he will outmuscle most DBs(i think), but we need lineman, plain and simple.

Does Mike Mamula sound familiar? Don't let the combine count for more than actual fottball games

This should probably be our wish list in order of player most desired at #8:

1-Mario Williams

2-DaBrick

3-Ngata

4-Davis

5-Huff

I think most would (should :lol: ) agree with that order or something close to it, barring any opportunity to trade down.

This should probably be our wish list in order of player most desired at #8:

1-Mario Williams

2-DaBrick

3-Ngata

4-Davis

5-Huff

I think most would (should  :lol:  ) agree with that order or something close to it, barring any opportunity to trade down.

614032[/snapback]

I certainly agree with your top 2, but I am all but sure that they will both be gone at 8. My guess is that the friggin jests will wind up with one of these 2. :lol:

Honestly, in all my years as a Bills fan, I have never wanted them to trade down. I am for it this season, IF the price is right. A team should have to pay dearly for a #8.

No plyer is a luxuy pick unless we have an abundance of good players at that position (like if we keep moulds but decide to draft another WR, or we draft another starting running back when we have McGahee)

We don't have a starting TE on the team therefore TE is not a luxury pick. Yes we have Everett, but we don't know what he will be like when healthy. There is also Free Agency. We don't need the big name lineman like hutch and bentley to have a good line. What we need are guys that are good at what they do, can play well together and Keep the Defense away from our QB.

We may have taken chances on offensive "Skilled players" but most of them have panned out for us. We also took a chance on a future pro bowl "Can't miss" lineman that everyone not says was Donahoes biggest mistake.

As I have said many times (especially today) If you wanna be successful now you get your absolute need players through FA and fill the smaller gaps and get depth through the draft. If you wanna build for the future (and I don't think thats the direction Ralph wants to go) you get all the players you need through the draft and take a couple of years being the Arizona cardinals of the league.

But when I saw the kind've numbers Vernon Davis put up at the combine I began to think about how sick Buffalo's offense could be with Davis, Moulds, Evans, Parrish, Everett and McGahee could be!!!

Then you use the rest of the draft and free agency to plug in some holes on both lines and there you have it. A productive and potentially great offseason.

613605[/snapback]

I contend that if the Bills O-line is sufficiently upgraded, Campbell and Euhus will look a lot better. Everett, if he fully recovers from his knee injury, would look phenomenal.

I am just wondering how many guys have seen Davis play. I am a diehard Terp fan, watch 8 to 9 games a year. Davis is a special talent, but I am not 100% convinced hes a no brainer. I said it in other threads, boy does not like or want to block.

And plaese remember he plays in the ACC, and while I am an ACC guy through and through, his really big games games came agaisn't mostlt sister of the poor D's.

Like I said, I think the kid has ton of potential, is gunna be hard for linebackers to stay with him and he will outmuscle most DBs(i think), but we need lineman, plain and simple.

Does Mike Mamula sound familiar? Don't let the combine count for more than actual fottball games

613986[/snapback]

I saw VD's highlight film and he is incredible. Being a Terp fan did you see him slacking? From what I have seen he does not sound like one to take plays offor even not want to block. I agree the risk-reward is probably higher with VD as oppose to ngata and definitely higher than Huff. Huff will be very good but great? Maybe.

As I have said many times (especially today) If you wanna be successful now you get your absolute need players through FA and fill the smaller gaps and get depth through the draft. If you wanna build for the future (and I don't think thats the direction Ralph wants to go) you get all the players you need through the draft and take a couple of years being the Arizona cardinals of the league.

614290[/snapback]

It depends on what you mean by "successful."

Parcells went 9-7 in a pretty good division with 2 rookie defensive ends (Ware and Canty), and rookies (one forced in because of injury) at both OT slots.

Now, these guys have a years experience under their belts, and another solid draft woud place Dallas in a position to make the playoffs this year (insert Bledsoe negative remarks here). :D

My point is while free agency is important, and brought the Bills such greats as Paup, Spikes, Big Ted, etc., there really is no substitute for a solid draft to build a football team, or so I think.