So who are the top wide receivers in free agency

BobbyC81

Givens is a great player and a good guy. We never used him right here at ND and he never once complained. Coach Weis thinks very highly of him and that's good enough for me. But I don't know about him being a #1, I feel more comfortable with Evans at 1 and him at 2

though not technically a free agent, clearly terrell owens is the best receiver available

612654[/snapback]

Indeed... I would take the guy in a heartbeat, i don't give a crap what he believes or talks about, as long as he is burning guys for TD's. Imagin having Owens and Evans lined up outside. i would imagine we could get Owens for the same cap savings we got from cutting moulds, and a mid rd pick such as our extra 3rd.

Indeed... I would take the guy in a heartbeat, i don't give a crap what he believes or talks about, as long as he is burning guys for TD's.  Imagin having Owens and Evans lined up outside.  i would imagine we could get Owens for the same cap savings we got from cutting moulds, and a mid rd pick such as our extra 3rd.

612672[/snapback]

marv's too into the "character-thing" and his own stupid ego to pickup TO. he'd rather have a guy w/ 6.5 speed in the 40 and bricks for hands as long as he's willing to give it "120%."

marv's too into the "character-thing" and his own stupid ego to pickup TO.  he'd rather have a guy w/ 6.5 speed in the 40 and bricks for hands as long as he's willing to give it "120%."

612801[/snapback]

So...you would like to see a T.O. work next to you at twice the wage you make, listen to his braggadocio for hours on end, for the betterment of your company's success.

Your sacrifice is noble... :D

I like Givens, but i think NE will try to resign him and if not, a lot of other teams will want him as well, so he's not a sure signing.

Same for Jurevicius, love the guy and would want him to come here but i dont know that he would pick Buffalo over a number of other teams.

I think Antonio Bryant has improved his character also, but not sure if Marv thinks so. Would be happy with him, red zone threat.

Two sleepers that i think we could go after are Corey Bradford and Reche Caldwell, we shouldnt have too much trouble trying to sign either of them.

So...you would like to see a T.O. work next to you at twice the wage you make, listen to his braggadocio for hours on end, for the betterment of your company's success.

Your sacrifice is noble... :D

612809[/snapback]

funn didn't hurt marv's bills team when thurman thomas was whining how under-appreciated he was and telling everyone he was the michael jordan of football.

as for TO, i think his mouthing off days are over because he learned a painful lesson after sitting it out in philly. he knows this is his last chance. and a focused TO is the best WR in the league, period. a strong coach like Shanahan is giving it serious consideration because he knows opportunity when he sees it. marv too busy babbling about how "character" wins when his super bowl-calibar teams were loaded with talented "characters!"

Isn't he the same age/older then moulds?

But Moulds is over the hill so we should cut him and sign JJ?

612643[/snapback]

Has nothing to do with age. It's all about the money.

If we could keep Moulds for a reasonable amount, we would. But he won't take a pay cut to do that. Somehow, I believe we could probably sign JJ for something less than $10 million.

Not that I'm advocating that or anything. :D

What about resigning Peeless Price. Buffalos the only place he was any good. I liked him a lot.

612849[/snapback]

yeah i wonder whats up w/ peerless. he looked good in the few appearances he had in dallas last year. hope he doesnt go down as another WR tainted because vick is the most over rated player in the league. if they got another legitimate #2 WR to go w/ evans id much rather have peerless as #3 than that wastoid josh reed