pick your wideout

Blue Chipper

Talent wise I think he is the best in the league. The problem with TO is that he has always been a problem child. I really don't think any team or coach will be able to keep him under control for an extended period of time. I suspect he may be on good behavior where ever he plays this year, but next year...LOOK OUT!

606026[/snapback]

I think TO is a guy you bring in on a one year deal. Worst that happens is he self destructs and you cut him mid season. Best that happens is you can't touch him the next year and he goes somewhere else. But of course these guys don't want 1 year deals. Still, teams try to tie up a guy too long. My theory is, get your guy, pay him his price, for one year. Let's face the truth, a large percentage of guys in the nfl are not as good the following year as the preceeding one. That said, a huge percentage gets more the following year. Which means that you are getting beat out of money. Decisions are being made for 3-5 years, based only upon todays info. And I think that strategy is a loser. NE has let guys go, for this reason. And picked up guys the same way.

Of course you better be a good talent judge in this scenario. Are we?

Wow. I'm the onyl one who thinks Marvin Harrison is hands down one of the best WR's in the league. How many other WR's run better patterns, have better hands, and never take a down off? The guy is a complete class act, and a top WR to boot. I'd love to see him as a bill.

Wow. I'm the onyl one who thinks Marvin Harrison is hands down one of the best WR's in the league. How many other WR's run better patterns, have better hands, and never take a down off? The guy is a complete class act, and a top WR to boot. I'd love to see him as a bill.

606092[/snapback]

I think he's the best all-around receiver in the league. Better than TO, better than Moss.

They also may be looking at his disinterest in playes not designed for him.

606029[/snapback]

I know I'm in the minority--but I think Moss gets a bum rap. He was a troublemaker in college and the media was waiting with baited breath for him to screw up in the NFL to jump all over him, which they have. He's made a few mistakes off-the-field, which have been blown way out of proportion (i.e., the meter maid incident). Similarly, his on-the-field stunts, have been blown way out of proportion--like "mooning" the crowd at Green Bay. Big deal!

As for quitting on routes, my guess is that he's no different than 90% of the other WR's in the league, who tend to dog routes where they're just decoys. It's tough to fault a guy for giving up on plays when he's catching 1500 yards, 15 TD's. I think the situation with Moulds during the dolphins game this past season was much worse than anything Moss has done on the field--but the media gave Moulds a free pass. Not so with Moss.

If you could have your pick of any wr in the league that you would want t o see play for the Bills who would it be? Keep in mind that some wideout come with baggage (Owens) and could be a distaction rather than an assett.

My pick would be Chad Johnson. Sure he is following in the footsteps of Owens but the man can flat out play. If he gets the ball enough he usually keeps his mouth shut.

605878[/snapback]

Torry "Big Game" Holt, no doubt.

I know I'm in the minority--but I think Moss gets a bum rap. He was a troublemaker in college and the media was waiting with baited breath for him to screw up in the NFL to jump all over him, which they have. He's made a few mistakes off-the-field, which have been blown way out of proportion (i.e., the meter maid incident). Similarly, his on-the-field stunts, have been blown way out of proportion--like "mooning" the crowd at Green Bay. Big deal!

As for quitting on routes, my guess is that he's no different than 90% of the other WR's in the league, who tend to dog routes where they're just decoys. It's tough to fault a guy for giving up on plays when he's catching 1500 yards, 15 TD's. I think the situation with Moulds during the dolphins game this past season was much worse than anything Moss has done on the field--but the media gave Moulds a free pass. Not so with Moss.

606122[/snapback]

Notice I said nothing about his off-the-field antics, as i agree they've been blown out of porportion.

BUT, I can and do fault him for giving up on his routes and his total aversion to blocking (execpt for "sometimes"...and then he does it well...which pisses me off even more).

A guy who does that as blatantly as Moss, destroys the plays he is not a part of.

606092[/snapback]

I think he's the best all-around receiver in the league.  Better than TO, better than Moss.

606094[/snapback]

MH would be my choice, as well. Plus, having played at Syracuse, he'd be a marketing dream.

All depends on how we are looking at this. 

Young with a lot of upside, I'd take Fitzgerald

Experience and leadership... Harrison

Flat out deep threat, Johnson or Moss

606285[/snapback]

Agreed. Throw in Torry Holt in there as well.

I'm not going to claim I'm some sort of expert but. . . for those of you who want Reggie Wayne, how much of his "success" is from being the number two reciever across from Marvin Harrison. I'm not saying this to be a smart *ss but as an honest question.

I'm not going to claim I'm some sort of expert but. . .  for those of you who want Reggie Wayne, how much of his "success" is from being the number two reciever across from Marvin Harrison. I'm not saying this to be a smart *ss but as an honest question.

606325[/snapback]

Wayne is a solid receiver in a good situation...I'd be suprised if he found similar success elsewhere in the NFL as a #1 WR.

The guy is a complete class act

606092[/snapback]

I absolutely agree with you on all his attributes on the field, but did you see his pissiness on the end of the bench during the playoff game between the Steelers and Colts? I was both surprised and disappointed. Ultimately, it was one moment in one game, but a lasting moment to me nonetheless.