Vince Young

ndirish1978

I would trade every pick in the draft for him. Obviously I'm not advocating that so before you tear my head off, know that. I just think he is going to be an excellent qb and I would gladly trade this year and next years 1st rounders and whatever else it took to trade up to 2 and take him. I don't care of Losman pans out, he's not half as good as Young is on Young's worst day. Face it, we're not making the playoffs with the QBs we have right now. So you can draft all the OL and DL you want, but we have nothing behind center. I'm not giving Losman time, I didn't see ANY indication last year that he was maturing or that he ever would.

I would trade ever pick in the draft for him. Obviously I'm not advocating that so before you tear my head off know that. I just think he is going to be an excellent qb and I would gladly trade this year and next years 1st rounders and whatever else it took to trade up to 2 and take him. I don't care of Losman pans out, he's not half as good as Young is on Young's worst day. Face it, we're not making the playoffs with the QBs we have right now. So you can draft all the OL and DL you want, but we have nothing behind center. I'm not giving Losman time, I didn't see ANY indication last year that he was maturing or that he ever would.

604777[/snapback]

:D

Jeff

I would trade ever pick in the draft for him. Obviously I'm not advocating that so before you tear my head off know that. I just think he is going to be an excellent qb and I would gladly trade this year and next years 1st rounders and whatever else it took to trade up to 2 and take him. I don't care of Losman pans out, he's not half as good as Young is on Young's worst day. Face it, we're not making the playoffs with the QBs we have right now. So you can draft all the OL and DL you want, but we have nothing behind center. I'm not giving Losman time, I didn't see ANY indication last year that he was maturing or that he ever would.

604777[/snapback]

he had a great Rose Bowl.

i wouldn't have believed he was capable of doing some of those things unless i had seen them for myself.

however....i think he will be an NFL bust. (just a hunch).

There's no way you can say that without him ever having faced NFL defenses. USC is a tough team, but to say they are NFL caliber and Young will do just as well in the NFL is ridiculous.

Besides, with our OLine he won't do any better than JP.

604777[/snapback]

Let me just thank you, on behalf of Bills fans everywhere, for playing NO part in the Bills organization.

Let me just thank you, on behalf of Bills fans everywhere, for playing NO part in the Bills organization.

604807[/snapback]

I would like to thank the Bills community as a whole for this special recognition. I will strive to maintain my non-relationship with the Bills for years to come.

Flinging poo? I love it. But seriously, I've never seen him throw Stuckincincy anywhere. I mean let's be realistic, that would throw out his shoulder.

604777[/snapback]

:D

Let's draft the guy who is so confident in his throwing abilities that he has declared he will only be interviewing at the combine, and not taking part in any passing drills. A running QB gets you nowhere in the NFL.

And as an FYI, that game that vaulted Vince Young into Top-5 status came against a defense that allowed 42 points and 427 yards of offense against FRESNO STATE.

604777[/snapback]

Wow... What else is there to say about this post?? :D

I would like to thank the Bills community as a whole for this special recognition. I will strive to maintain my non-relationship with the Bills for years to come.

Flinging poo? I love it. But seriously, I've never seen him throw Stuckincincy anywhere. I mean let's be realistic, that would throw out his shoulder.

604814[/snapback]

Aren't you special...

Or do you misinterpret the meaning of the phrase, "incoming"? :D

Aren't you special... 

Or do you misinterpret the meaning of the phrase, "incoming"? :)

604825[/snapback]

I thought that was a compliment in Ohio. It's not? My bad :D

BTW i know the idea is not good, but come on, what else is there to talk about. I am on Ngata's jock too. Although, i think it's hilarious how top 10 picks get write-ups like the analyst doesnt know how the NFL has ever gotten along without a talent like them. A couple websites have this guys walking on water and stopping the riots in Denmark with a single look.

I thought that was a compliment in Ohio. It's not? My bad :D

BTW i know the idea is not good, but come on, what else is there to talk about. I am on Ngata's jock too. Although, i think it's hilarious how top 10 picks get write-ups like the analyst doesnt know how the NFL has ever gotten along without a talent like them. A couple websites have this guys walking on water and stopping the riots in Denmark with a single look.

604844[/snapback]

They must think he's Chuck Norris.

604777[/snapback]

How about the 2nd half of the Chiefs game, or the home opener vs the texans? I was thoroughly impressed and thought he showed a glimps of what we can see on a regular basis. I'm gonna stick up for the guy, because he had his menatl balls chopped off by Mularkey. For anyone whoever played competitive sports, physical talent is only half of the recipe for success, the rest is confidence and positive thinking. In HS, I went from batting .650 to batting .89 due to how my coach made me feel from putting me on the bench.

In HS, I went from batting .650 to batting .89 due to how my coach made me feel from putting me on the bench.

604899[/snapback]

Not to make light of your athletic struggles, but :D:)

You must have been one hell of a fielder to get benched when you're hitting .650! You gotta stay down on those grounders!!!

Not to make light of your athletic struggles, but  :D  :)

You must have been one hell of a fielder to get benched when you're hitting .650!  You gotta stay down on those grounders!!!

604912[/snapback]

You must pet the young, these days. Don't forget that. What we have here is a coach's failure to pet. Bad coach. Bad, bad coach. :)

How about the 2nd half of the Chiefs game, or the home opener vs the texans?  I was thoroughly impressed and thought he showed a glimps of what we can see on a regular basis.  I'm gonna stick up for the guy, because he had his menatl balls chopped off by Mularkey.  For anyone whoever played competitive sports, physical talent is only half of the recipe for success, the rest is confidence and positive thinking.  In HS, I went from batting .650 to batting .89 due to how my coach made me feel from putting me on the bench.

604899[/snapback]

"I went from batting .650 to batting .89 due to how my coach made me feel from putting me on the bench."

Your coach made you do nothing. While he may have been an idiot and, perhaps, a moron...he benched you and decided to feel whatever way you felt.

OWN your feelings!

I would gladly trade this year and next years 1st rounders and whatever else it took to trade up to 2 and take him. I don't care of Losman pans out, he's not half as good as Young is on Young's worst day.

604777[/snapback]

Well, it's a good thing you're not the Bills' GM. Jeez what a joke - he had a good bowl game. Look through history and count how many QBs had great bowl games playing in a gimmicky, option offense, only to become nothing in the NFL.

Why not bring Ryan Leaf back?

Young is an impressive athelete and a good kid but half the teams in the NFL regard him as a project that would take 3 years to develop, like McNair (at best, because McNair had much better mechanics coming out of college AND had done more production-wise.)

Young is an impressive athelete and a good kid but half the teams in the NFL regard him as a project that would take 3 years to develop, like McNair (at best, because McNair had much better mechanics coming out of college AND had done more production-wise.)

604935[/snapback]

God forbid we wind up with another McNair, as opposed to what we have now, a Rob Johnson lookalike who sounds like he's been inhaling helium and has poorer decision-making skills than Michael Irvin in his personal life.

what we have now, a Rob Johnson lookalike who sounds like he's been inhaling helium and has poorer decision-making skills than Michael Irvin in his personal life.

604941[/snapback]

Quit showing your age, kid. Two of your three "points" bear no relevance to what sort of QB JP may be, and your third is wholly unproven.

I respect any pot shot taken at Irvin, however...well played. :D

Quit showing your age, kid.  Two of your three "points" bear no relevance to what sort of QB JP may be, and your third is wholly unproven.

I respect any pot shot taken at Irvin, however...well played.  :D

604987[/snapback]

What's wrong w/ his post? One year is more than enough time for a QB to show what he's got. I can't recall any examples of QBs who have had success after a less than stellar first season.

I can't recall any examples of QBs who have had success after a less than stellar first season.

604996[/snapback]

Am I misinterpreting your post Rich? Troy Aikman, John Elway, Brett Farve. There have been plenty of QB’s who have struggled early and went on to have fine careers

Am I misinterpreting your post Rich?  Troy Aikman, John Elway, Brett Farve.  There have been plenty of QB’s who have struggled early and went on to have fine careers

605010[/snapback]

Yeah, but they were exceptions, not the rule. Basically, if a guy doesn't show his stuff after a year, he sucks and is hopeless for the rest of his career.

Yeah, but they were exceptions, not the rule.  Basically, if a guy doesn't show his stuff after a year, he sucks and is hopeless for the rest of his career.

605359[/snapback]

:lol::lol::lol:

Went right over my head!! :doh: